Forgotten Reviews: Mega Man Battle Network 3: Blue/White

Started by The Forgotten Alex, July 27, 2013, 12:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forgotten Alex

WARNING, SPOILERS FOR ANYBODY WHO HASNT PLAYED THE FIRST TWO, YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND IGNORE THAT, I RESPECT YOUR DESICION, YOU'RE A REBEL, YOU LIVE THE THUG LYFE, UNDERSTANDABLE.

NOW IN BLUE AND WHITE VARIANTS!

Haha, yes! The third game in the Mega Man Battle Network Series! If you wanted to ask people what their favorite game of the series was, most of them would probably say this game! Personally, it's my 2nd favorite. Lets get down to business, shall we?

~The Story~

It's been months since the defeat of the evil net organization, Gospel, had been taken down by Lan Hikari and his NetNavi, Megaman.EXE. Everyone has returned to their normal lives around the world. But out of nowhere (literally) the evil net organization from the first game, World Three (WWW), is rising again to put their plans in action. Will Lan and Megaman be able to stop them again? It's up to you to utilize new battlechips and new techniques to take them down!

~GAMEPLAY~

Mega Man Battle Network 3 differs greatly from the first two games in a number of ways, from the new battlechips to the new Style Changes, to the all new Navi Customizer.

(Haha wow is that low quality really noticeable? Aww man...)
THE NAVI CUSTOMIZER, EVERYBODY, YOUR BEST FRIEND!

The Navi Customizer is a new program Megaman gets, it's used to give him many different types of powerups and techniques, such as raising his Megabuster's Attack and Charge, or giving Megaman a defensive shield, there are LOTS of Navi Customizer programs you can utilize to help you in battle. When you upgrade a Style, you can get certain programs that will help too. But the Navi Customizer does have rules for placing programs, so be sure to follow them, or you could inflict Megaman with a bug, and trust me, it's not helpful...

Unless you have the right style, of course :p

Also new to the game are Giga Chips, Giga Chips, as the name implies, are some SERIOUSLY POWERFUL OR HELPFUL chips you can add to your folder, the catch? You can only have one, so you should think about what you're putting in. (Blue has a serious gamebreaker moment with this).

~DIFFERENCES BETWEEN VERSIONS~

Starting with this game, Battle Network games come in two different versions, each having their own unique contents, I wont get into details because it would spoil too much. But each version has a different interface, different battles, a version exclusive Navi to fight (Blue actually has two of them but okay), and one version-exclusive Style Change for both. White having Ground Style, Blue having Shadow Style.

DID SOMEBODY SAY HEATNINJA!?

Also, the two versions have their own exclusive Giga Chips, some are more helpful than others...
(Personally, I prefer Blue Version over White Version, but that's just me).

~DA MUSIKS~

Wowowowow, WOW, the music in this game is a huge stepup from the first two games, it's catchy and amazing, they really outdid themselves on the soundtrack for this game! From the School themes, to the Dungeon Comp themes, to the final boss theme, they're all amazing!

~FINAL VERDICT

Being one of my favorite, and being one of the BEST games in the series, I give this game...

10/10
Good job, BN3, you've earned a 10/10 from me. I really recommend this game to all of you.

NEXT TIME (AKA when I stop being a lazy asshole)

MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 4: RED SUN AND BLUE MOON!

People asked.