Haku's Ducktales Remasterd Review

Started by Hakudamashi, September 04, 2013, 08:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

What I Liked
THE GANG IS BACK YOU GUYS!!!
Holy motherfuck you guys! It's fucking Ducktales! And not just any Ducktales, it's Ducktales the fucking videogame. They got back all the OG voices for all the characters(Except Fenton, for he has sadly passed away... but this new guy they got does a fantastic job), and they didn't do that annoying thing some directors do and "modernise" it with pop culture and iPods, fuck that, this is like a legit episode of Ducktales in all it's glory.

Difficulty Settings
This game has difficulty settings to suit every kind of player, you got the Easy mode where you get checkpoints after each red gem you pick up, infinite lives, and the game saves before and after each level.
Normal mode gives you 2 lives(you can find 1-ups by finding Mrs. Beakly), if you lose all your lives, you gotta do the whole level all over again
Extreme mode only allows you to save once... when you beat the game.
There is also the option of hard pogo where you gotta press A/O/B+down while in air to do pogo jump, or easy pogo where A/O/B is the dedicated pogo button... do easy pogo... srsly...

Level Design & Length
This game is all about collecting shit like a raging greedy kleptomaniac, and for that purpose these levels work wonders, almost like a Metroid game, except alot shorter. But the levels themselves are short to compensate for the fact that your level time is spent running into every fucking corner and seemingly out of place platform for treasure.

The Soundtrack
It's not often I say I want to buy a video game soundtrack, cause normally I only truly like a few songs in a game, but this game's soundtrack is one of those games where I loved every tune. They fit, they're catchy, they're memorable, and they're just amazing tunes that I could listen to all day. everyday, forever.

What I Didn't Like
The Cutscenes
They can be quite intrusive honestly. They appear quite frequently, more in some levels than in others, and the only way to skip them is to pause and select "skip cinematic", which, especially in "The Amazon" can get on some people's nerves.

My Verdict
This is a well crafted game that I think is worth the $15.00, but what may throw some people off is post game. You collect all this money and treasures to unlock art and music and the like, but once that's done, there really isn't much incentive to go back to the game, unless you're super into pogo-platforming like me.

7/10
4/5
B+
Rent It
Oh right... you can't rent digital games...fuck.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

I never understood why the NES gave him a red coat...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay