You Know Who Should be Smash Bros. DLC? *SPOILERS*

Started by jkid101094, September 23, 2014, 01:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

He even has a victory them!

Now before you say, "lol jkid bosses can't be playable because balance an-" SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME EXPLAIN. Besides, fighting games don't need to be perfectly balanced to have fun anyway.

Anyway, of all of Nintendo's franchises Smash may not be the absolute best selling franchise, but it is damn well up there in terms of recognition. There are very few games that people buy consoles just to play and Smash Brothers manages to be a franchise with such a wide audience that it's an almost universally acceptable thing to do.

...so then why, in a game that revels in the achievements of Nintendo and video games, have we never gotten a Smash character to represent it's own franchise? Yes you could say the Miis do that but do they really count? I'd say they're more like Tomodach Collection, Find Mii or just general Wii reps than Smash ones.

Yeah, it could be argued that the series reps itself well enough with Master Hand and the SSE enemies and whatnot but as an actual playable fighter it gets nothing. Earthbound gets a rep and it sold less copies and has less games than Smash so why shouldn't we be treated to a Smash rep to round out the all-star cast?

So assuming Sakurai just one day goes, "Ya know, I'm gonna toot my own horn and add a Smash rep to Smash", who should it be? Well let's think of the original characters that have represented the series since it's debut 15 years ago:

Master Hand
The final boss in pretty much every Smash game would be a perfect candidate as the series rep...unfortunately he's not very PC friendly, being able to fly and being sooo fucking big so I guess he's out...

Fighting Polygon Team
The fighting Polygons were introduced in Smash 64 just like Master Hand and would be great reps for the series...if they didn't pretty much die off when the Fighting Wire Frames step in who were in turn killed by the Alloys who were in turn killed by...the Miis...

Also they're just clones so they don't really have the same potential as other characters.

Metal Mario
As iconic as Metal Mario is to the Smash series as the annoying mid-boss (ala Goro, Kintaro...you probably know more than I do), but the problem is that he hasn't really been in the spotlight since becoming the result of an item.

So who really makes sense? What if I told you that there was a character who's been in the series since the beginning, was not too big to be playable, has amazing moveset potential and is still relevant to the franchise?

Well there is and it's Master Core.

Being the "True Form" of the series staple boss Master Core has technically been in every game in the series. What's more is that if you look at his actual core form it looks oddly similar to the orbs found at the bottom of both Brawl and Melee's battlefields. Taking these both into account Master Core has truly been in plain sight the entire time.

But what about his size or abilities? Well as you may or may not know Master Core shrinks as you fight him, eventually being reduced to the size of the fighter you're currently using. In this form Master Core acts EXACTLY like said fighter in every aspect, even being able to be KO'd off-screen. If Master Core can function like this, what's to say he couldn't join the Smash Bros. tournament in an entirely new form? Let's look at Master Hand's Brawl trophy description for a sec:

QuoteA being tied to the link between this world, where trophies fight, and the world beyond. The meaning of his existence is unknown, as are his goals, but he seems to have obtained (and kept hidden) a power that borders on absolute. He also seems to feel a certain joy in challenging chosen warriors who've claimed many victories. He waits even now in Final Destination.

So that right there implies that Master Hand (and by extension Master Core) find joy in fighting the characters of Smash Brothers. So then why wouldn't it make sense for him to create a new form of himself to get in deeper on the action?

So now that we've established his relevance to the series, his motive for joining the roster in the first place and that his size and form are not absolute we can begin talking about moves.

Master Core is a unique in that he can change forms at will unlike Kirby. As such it would make sense for him to utilize this tactic in battle, changing his limbs into drills, scythes and other weapons to cut down his foes. For refrence, here is an on-the spot moveset I've conjured up. For reference let's pretend he's in a smaller variant of his Sapien form.

Quote from: A ComboMaster Core transforms into and slashes with a Saber from his form of the same name. Does more damage at the tip.

Quote from: Side A (Smash)Slashes forward with a scythe. The longer the move is charged the longer the reach.

Quote from: Up A (Smash)Slashes Upward with a scythe. This animation travels 190 degrees before stopping behind MC. In the air it travels all 360.

Quote from: Down A (Smash)Pink orbs circle around Master Core's feet damaging all those that touch him. In the air this doesn't meteor Smash but prevents foes from attacking from below.

Quote from: Neutral BMaster Core charges a beam from the orb on his face. The longer the charge the thicker the beam.

Quote from: Side BMaster Core throws an orb if on the ground or drops one if in the air. Up to three of these can be placed at once and they will detonate after three seconds or via contact with a move or enemy.

Quote from: Down BMaster Core's body breaks into a swam before bringing himself back together again. This functions like a standing dodge with less ending lag and can be cancelled out of with dodge rolls to continue moving as Master Core reforms. He will need to reform before any attacks can be used.

Quote from: Up BMaster Core launches the orb from his face horizontally which bounces off the first thing it connects with. The swam then reforms around it to create Master Core. Can be charged for more damage and knock back and can be aimed vertically if up continues to be held, however, if the orb hits nothing it will be pulled by gravity and fall straight down. The orb itself has super armor until it hits it's first target, at which point it can be launched like a normal fighter.

So as you can see, Master Core is viable a blah blah blah, listen. I've been up for three hours typing this so at least humor me and post, will ya? I'm tired as fuck and I want to take a shower so see ya

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.