Main Menu

Hatred

Started by Hakudamashi, October 16, 2014, 07:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Remember that neat AO rating? I think this game could use it.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

AO for Angst Overkill

shadowDOESrock

Once again there's major ragin' going on about gaming, because of this game called 'Hatred'.
A Game where you... perform a genocide / run amok...

I mean, it looks like a fun game, if it wasn't what it was...

Hm.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

If you care about the gaming industry, do not buy this. Games like this are created for controversy and controversy alone. They bring no substance, meaning or reason, other than to feed of the coverage they are most certain to get from anti violent video games media outlets like the Daily Mail and FOX News (The ''no publicity is bad publicity'' approach.) Hoping that they can amass some kind of cult status with the game.

Games like GTA, Manhunt, COD, Dark Souls and the like, have all been targeted by the media outlets I mentioned above. However us gamer's have been able to provide counterarguments to the claims they make. This game will be a giant red marker for them to exploit (and they will.) Looking at this game, it will be very hard for us to come up with rational and counterarguments this time around.

This game will do more harm than good.

Hakudamashi

I personally think Ride to Hell Retribution is another such game.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 16, 2014, 09:05:52 AM
I personally think Ride to Hell Retribution is another such game.

Wha?

In other news, Epic Games actually requested their Unreal Engine 4 logo to be removed from the trailer.

Quote from: Epic GamesEpic Games isn't involved in this project. Unreal Engine 4 is available to the general public for use "for any lawful purpose," and we explicitly don't exert any sort of creative control or censorship over projects. However, the video is using the trademarked Unreal Engine 4 logo without permission from Epic, and we've asked for the removal of our logo from all marketing associated with this product.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 16, 2014, 09:08:06 AM
In other news, Epic Games actually requested their Unreal Engine 4 logo to be removed from the trailer.
Has that always been a thing?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Postal did it better.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

And with less angst
Amazingly.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 16, 2014, 08:21:48 AM
If you care about the gaming industry, do not buy this. Games like this are created for controversy and controversy alone. They bring no substance, meaning or reason, other than to feed of the coverage they are most certain to get from anti violent video games media outlets like the Daily Mail and FOX News (The ''no publicity is bad publicity'' approach.) Hoping that they can amass some kind of cult status with the game.

Games like GTA, Manhunt, COD, Dark Souls and the like, have all been targeted by the media outlets I mentioned above. However us gamer's have been able to provide counterarguments to the claims they make. This game will be a giant red marker for them to exploit (and they will.) Looking at this game, it will be very hard for us to come up with rational and counterarguments this time around.

This game will do more harm than good.

You shouldn't be hating this game because it makes gaming look bad, you should be hating this game because it's tasteless.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on October 16, 2014, 01:34:20 PM
You shouldn't be hating this game because it makes gaming look bad, you should be hating this game because it's tasteless.

Being tasteless is what ultimately results into the prior. This Game has the potential of sending gaming back to the stone age, politically, if it gets traction.

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 16, 2014, 04:35:27 PM
Being tasteless is what ultimately results into the prior. This Game has the potential of sending gaming back to the stone age, politically, if it gets traction.

Yeah, this game could set gaming back just like Mortal Kombat, Doom, GTA, and Manhunt did...oh wait.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on October 16, 2014, 04:50:27 PM
Yeah, this game could set gaming back just like Mortal Kombat, Doom, GTA, and Manhunt did...oh wait.

politically. in the public's eyes. Which all of these examples but Doom certainly did.

Hakudamashi

The media is weird.
One bad press invalidates every good deed anything does.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 16, 2014, 05:16:27 PM
politically. in the public's eyes. Which all of these examples but Doom certainly did.

Please tell me how each of those games set back gaming.

shadowDOESrock

I ment in the view of the general public.

Elija2

The general public barely gave a shit about those games after the controversies died down and they hardly affected the widespread perception of videogames.

SmashFinale

Game looks really repetitive.

shadowDOESrock

QuoteNew York City has requested the development team to remove all NYPD logos from the trailer, they have also had to edit out all Unreal Engine 4 logos.

Yeah, New York City personally requested them to remove all association with the NYPD. It is unclear if this includes the real world location as well.