Fantasy Life - If Animal Crossing and Final Fantasy had a cute baby

Started by Elija2, October 20, 2014, 01:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Embark on the adventure of your dream life as you craft, cast, fish, mine, battle and explore like never before. With the innovative Life system, your choices don't just upgrade characters—they help shape your journey. Explore a huge fantasy landscape beside surly dark paladins, slick pirate captains, regal princesses and others who share your taste for the unknown.

FEATURES:

• Change to one of 12 Life classes at virtually any time to access different abilities. The combat class has fierce fighters, while the crafter class is skilled at making stronger weapons and tools. If you're not in the mood for battle, switch to a gatherer class and spend some time as a lumberjack or a fisherman.
  • Choose your own adventure and play your way.
  • The game reinvents itself with each Life you lead. Traverse an area as one Life class and return as another to gain different items.
  • Explore a robust open world with distinct areas.
  • Own a house in each town and decorate them with furniture you create.
Anyone else planning on getting this game? It's like a mixture between Animal Crossing and Final Fantasy. There's so much to do in the game that I can imagine getting lost in it just like Animal Crossing. You can even complete quests and explore the world in online multiplayer with two other people.

The only bad thing is this:

Day-1 DLC. And not only that, but this is content that was included in the Japanese version of the game that came out over a year ago. And they're selling it as DLC everywhere else! This would be like buying Bravely Default or Monster Hunter and having to pay for the Bravely Second/Ultimate features even though they came with the game in Japan. But what's even worse is that you can't play the multiplayer or Streetpass with people unless you both have or lack the DLC. So if you buy the DLC and want to play with someone who doesn't have it, tough shit. But I guess they don't mind splitting up the userbase like that if it means they could make more money.

Still, I'm not letting that turn me off because the game itself looks really cool. Y'all should get it, too.

jkid101094

Is there really anyone out there that doesn't want this game already?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 20, 2014, 04:40:05 PM
Is there really anyone out there that doesn't want this game already?

I've never heard anyone here talk about it so I didn't know if you guys even cared about it.

Hakudamashi

I thought we already had a topic for this, weird.

But yes, I very much do want this, however, it is not particularly high on my wantlist atm.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

From what I've seen the game looks fun, but it saddens me that Nintendo is walking on the dark path that CAPCOM took.

jkid101094

No, Eli. That's total bullshit.

There was an expansion in Japan called "Fantasy Life: Link!". It added the ability to play online as well as Origin Island (the day one DLC). The DLC pack by itself cost about $20, so the game was rereleased as a $50 package which included the main game as well as FLL.

Our version of the game already has everything from Fantasy Life: Link! in it, sans Origin Island. Them selling it as day one DLC bumps the price of the game up to what it is in Japan. We actually got a better deal in the long run than Japan because we don't have to pay extra to go online.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 21, 2014, 01:06:41 AM
No, Eli. That's total bullshit.

There was an expansion in Japan called "Fantasy Life: Link!". It added the ability to play online as well as Origin Island (the day one DLC). The DLC pack by itself cost about $20, so the game was rereleased as a $50 package which included the main game as well as FLL.

Our version of the game already has everything from Fantasy Life: Link! in it, sans Origin Island. Them selling it as day one DLC bumps the price of the game up to what it is in Japan. We actually got a better deal in the long run than Japan because we don't have to pay extra to go online.

You're total bullshit.

As I said, this would be like if we had to pay extra for the Bravely Second features in Bravely Default. You can't say "At least we're not paying twice for the game" when this is the first time we're even getting the game! The Link version has been out for over a year in Japan, why are we getting the 2-year old original version? Oh wait, we're not. We're getting the Link version but with all the new content put behind a paywall (seriously, the DLC is already on the cart). They literally cut out the content and are making us pay extra for it.

The DLC adds more than just an area, it adds all the new features that were in the Link version minus the multiplayer. There are some substantial additions which you can tell by the fact that they're splitting up the multiplayer userbase between those that have the DLC and those that don't. Even the non-DLC areas of the game have the multiplayer split up like this.

jkid101094

I don't see the point of your argument though considering we're actually being asked to pay less for those features. Is your problem that we don't get them all for $40? If so even you can see how much of an entitled brat it makes you sound like.

What you're complaining about is that we don't get a feature for free that was never meant to be free in the first place and is still being sold in Japan.

I'm not so keen on not being able to play online with my friends that can't afford it, but it's not a huge loss because it's a great single player game in it's own right.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 21, 2014, 01:48:19 PM
I don't see the point of your argument though considering we're actually being asked to pay less for those features. Is your problem that we don't get them all for $40? If so even you can see how much of an entitled brat it makes you sound like.

What you're complaining about is that we don't get a feature for free that was never meant to be free in the first place and is still being sold in Japan.

I'm not so keen on not being able to play online with my friends that can't afford it, but it's not a huge loss because it's a great single player game in it's own right.

No, we're not being asked to pay less. The only people that are paying more than us are the people that bought both Fantasy Life and Fantasy Life Link (which nobody outside of Japan could have because they didn't the original version anywhere else). Those that just bought Fantasy Life Link got the exact same features as us but cheaper, and one year earlier than us at that. We're getting the game last but we still have to pay for features that Japan got a year earlier AND ARE ALREADY ON THE CART THAT THEY'RE SELLING US.

How does asking for the full game make me an entitled brat? Square Enix didn't make us pay for the extra content in Bravely Default For the Sequel. Capcom isn't making us pay for the 4G content in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

You should sell the games you won't be playing ever again like Smash 3DS.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay