Main Menu

>Vocaloidfag

Started by Dracoslythe, April 27, 2012, 12:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracoslythe

I saw this in school this morning on the school's subscribed news...
http://www.channelone.com/next-big-thing/

And flipped shit.
First thing out of my mouth?
"THEY MISPRONOUNCED HER NAME"
Second thing
"HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT"
Everyone was like "wat."

Tanassy

Dracoslythe

Tanassy

Besides that, my reaction was simply.. "okay then."

Hakudamashi

*Still doesn't understand what's so great about Vocaloid*
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on April 27, 2012, 12:48:37 PM
*Still doesn't understand what's so great about Vocaloid*

You never will.

SmashFinale

Sadly enough.... i... i have been expecting this for a while. i even made a hypothesis for Decade of 2010.

Decade of 2010 will be the Decade of the Otaku. We already know that people read things otakus have created on the internet(memes mostly). i really hope things dont come to this as i dont want otaku culture to be another fad. i want it to be something that people enjoy for years to come. By 2020 all these things will seem "dated." That might mean that some games that are extremely mainstream will no longer even matter, but fads go in a cycle...

Supersonic196

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 27, 2012, 12:50:33 PM
You never will.
I mean, why not give all this fame to Miku's voice actress?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

"Otaku culture" was already a fad. The late 90s/early 00s. There were actually commercials for TokyoPop manga on TV.

Everyone working in the anime industry, especially the American distributors, would love to see that happen again. Popularity = money, and that period was the most lucrative for anime in America to date.

Supersonic196

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 27, 2012, 01:32:06 PM
"Otaku culture" was already a fad. The late 90s/early 00s. There were actually commercials for TokyoPop manga on TV.

Everyone working in the anime industry, especially the American distributors, would love to see that happen again. Popularity = money, and that period was the most lucrative for anime in America to date.
Uso by Sid goes perfectly with your avatar.

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on April 27, 2012, 01:27:25 PM
I mean, why not give all this fame to Miku's voice actress?
Quote from: windlessusher on April 27, 2012, 01:27:25 PM
voice actress

Let's give all the fame to someone who lent a few minutes of voice clips which were used to create a completely synthetic voice!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 27, 2012, 02:27:46 PM

I...I guess I am...

She doesn't have a voice actress? Then where does the voice come from?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

The voice was derived from some chicks voice.. but you'd be better off giving fame to groups like supercell, livetune, exit tunes.. whoever else who created half of miku's songs rather than a voice actress who lent a few voice samples..

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 27, 2012, 02:35:24 PM
The voice was derived from some chicks voice.. but you'd be better off giving fame to groups like supercell, livetune, exit tunes.. whoever else who created half of miku's songs rather than a voice actress who lent a few voice samples..
Just one of the reasons I don't get why vocaloid is so popular...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 27, 2012, 02:37:34 PM
Just one of the reasons I don't get why vocaloid is so popular...
The actress lent the company who made Miku voice clips which were used to create the program used to create Vocaloid songs.

Vocaloids are basically Microsoft Sam if he could sing...I guess.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 27, 2012, 03:34:00 PM
The actress lent the company who made Miku voice clips which were used to create the program used to create Vocaloid songs.
So why is this hologram thing getting the fame instead of the actress herself, if it's the voice that makes her so popular?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

Quote from: windlessusher on April 27, 2012, 04:09:10 PM
So why is this hologram thing getting the fame instead of the actress herself, if it's the voice that makes her so popular?
Because it dances while wearing short skirts. Why else?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 27, 2012, 04:13:47 PM
Because it dances while wearing short skirts. Why else?
So it's famous cause it looks pretty?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

Quote from: windlessusher on April 27, 2012, 04:17:11 PM
So it's famous cause it looks pretty?
Basically. Miku is the mascot for the vocaloid software too, before the hologram. It was a personification of the program. Like Sonic is famous for being the face of thousands of lines of code and a hitbox. The code and hitbox aren't famous, it's Sonic that gets all the love.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 27, 2012, 04:22:40 PM
Basically. Miku is the mascot for the vocaloid software too, before the hologram. It was a personification of the program. Like Sonic is famous for being the face of thousands of lines of code and a hitbox. The code and hitbox aren't famous, it's Sonic that gets all the love.
I guess the core at what I'm trying to get at is, the woman who supplies the voice, what does she get from all this?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

Quote from: windlessusher on April 27, 2012, 04:28:05 PM
I guess the core at what I'm trying to get at is, the woman who supplies the voice, what does she get from all this?
Probably not much, she probably didn't know it was going to get this big. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Yamaha employee making average pay.

TheGameNinja

Miku's voice is derived from a Japanese voice actress's. I would imagine she would want more recognition for her genuine voice work.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 27, 2012, 05:03:59 PM
Miku's voice is derived from a Japanese voice actress's. I would imagine she would want more recognition for her genuine voice work.
This

The fact that I'm hearing about this Miku person and not this voice actress bothers me

Like not giving recognition to Tara Strong for voicing Bubbles...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

I actually meant that I would imagine the voice actress would want more recognition for the voice work she actually performed rather than Vocaloid. The woman herself is not actually singing the songs.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 27, 2012, 05:08:08 PM
This

The fact that I'm hearing about this Miku person and not this voice actress bothers me

Like not giving recognition to Tara Strong for voicing Bubbles...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saki_Fujita

She also sings herself;

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on April 27, 2012, 04:09:10 PM
I already explained this...

It was a few simple voice clips, which were not compiled together to make songs.. but simply analysed and copied to create the voice of the Vocaloid. You can pull up any vocaloid and tweak with the settings a bit to recreate any voice you want, in theory, they just used a real voice to speed up the process, and give a touch of realism.

Even famous people like Gackt were never "famed" for their vocaloid work.. you wouldn't look at Gakupo and go "Hey that's Gackt, he sings very well", if you wanted to say that, you'd look at some actual Music from said person. (Which by the way, is Fantastic)
Like I said, you'd be better off giving the fame to the people who sat there and coded the voice, and created the actual soundtrack..

Miku is popular because of her music, and because of her avatar. That's like how an anime character is popular, and not their voice actor. Same as game characters. Whatever is on the surface is what is meant to sell, not what's underneath.

Jordan teh Echidna

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 28, 2012, 06:35:39 AM
I already explained this...

It was a few simple voice clips, which were not compiled together to make songs.. but simply analysed and copied to create the voice of the Vocaloid. You can pull up any vocaloid and tweak with the settings a bit to recreate any voice you want, in theory, they just used a real voice to speed up the process, and give a touch of realism.

Even famous people like Gackt were never "famed" for their vocaloid work.. you wouldn't look at Gakupo and go "Hey that's Gackt, he sings very well", if you wanted to say that, you'd look at some actual Music from said person. (Which by the way, is Fantastic)
Like I said, you'd be better off giving the fame to the people who sat there and coded the voice, and created the actual soundtrack..

Miku is popular because of her music, and because of her avatar. That's like how an anime character is popular, and not their voice actor. Same as game characters. Whatever is on the surface is what is meant to sell, not what's underneath.

...Charles Martines, bitch.
Pesterchum = sirJayden