Main Menu

Lies.

Started by Riot_Monsterous, May 01, 2015, 06:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riot_Monsterous

Alright, so I'm being kinda dumb and I'm having a hard time what actually motivates people to lie.
Like, I understand some of the basic stuff.. A lot of it's to do with the truth often having some sort of consequence.. Some of it's just a matter of embarrassment, some of it's because someone doesn't want to hurt the other person's feelings.. So the lie seems like the lesser of the evils.. Then some is that telling the truth can result in punishment.
But.. Even without any of that, people still seem to lie.

Usually, I just want the truth. Not to do anything about it, or to be upset over it.. But to just know. Closure, I guess.  It's probably 'cause most of my anxieties stem off of just not knowing. It leaves too much room to play out every scenario, and to just obsess over it. Usually my mind makes it worse than the reality of the situation, even when the reality is bad. So I guess it makes it kinda hard to really understand the point of it?  What is the usual cause for any of you fibbing? xD And/or your opinions on why it's like that?

Elija2

I lie if I don't want to tell the truth and I think I can get away with it. It's as simple as that, really. I try to be truthful to people I know but sometimes there's really no benefit to telling the truth. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

Riot_Monsterous

That makes sense I guess ;w;
I never really looked at the lack of benefit in it.
Just knowing I don't have to cover my tracks is benefit enough, in my opinion. xD
But other than that.. The truth doesn't often have higher benefits. So yeah.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Riot_Monsterous

Yuhsoduh! XD
That's kinda violent..But totally relevant. owo
And totally makes Higurashi seem even more appealing. xD

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Riot_Monsterous

Use soda for lor purposes?