Main Menu

I broke my laptop. TT^TT

Started by TheGameNinja, December 09, 2009, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

I haven't even had it a year, and something was spilled on it. Now it won't turn on. Anyone know if there's anything I can do? Does warranty cover this? The thing cost over a $1000, it was closer to $2000. I really don't want it to be bricked. Any advice? :(

Shadow26

Maybe open the laptop up and see whats happened :-\

TheGameNinja

I tried, but I don't really know anything about how computers work.

Shadow26

Get someone trained to open it up :P lol

TheGameNinja

Okay, my dad said he has a friend that would take a look at it. He alsp said he'd find out if the warranty covered it. So, that's some relief, I guess.

kingofflamess

TheGameNinja

sonicmaddave

Quote from: TheGameNinja on December 22, 2009, 07:26:00 PM
:-\

Thanks for the concern.
For sure I care. I find you to be a really cool guy. :)

this 'kingofflames' guy seems to be nothing but trouble recently. :-\

TheGameNinja

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 22, 2009, 07:32:44 PM
For sure I care. I find you to be a really cool guy. :)

this 'kingofflames' guy seems to be nothing but trouble recently. :-\
Thanks. ;D

Apparently, the motherboard is fried, so anything I had saved on it is gone. Luckily, I only had it a few months, so there wasn't much on it besides pictures, some music, and a few Word documents I didn't need. I've got an external hard drive that I save my bigger files on, like ROMs, DVD rips, etc. My dad's friend rinsed the thing with alcohol, so as long as they don't notice any small amount of soda in there, they'll repair/replace it for free (thank you one-year standard warranty).

Skyle369

Quote from: TheGameNinja on December 22, 2009, 07:37:35 PM
Thanks. ;D

Apparently, the motherboard is fried, so anything I had saved on it is gone. Luckily, I only had it a few months, so there wasn't much on it besides pictures, some music, and a few Word documents I didn't need. I've got an external hard drive that I save my bigger files on, like ROMs, DVD rips, etc. My dad's friend rinsed the thing with alcohol, so as long as they don't notice any small amount of soda in there, they'll repair/replace it for free (thank you one-year standard warranty).

Well thats good to hear!
It would be sad to hear a member not being active because of a broken laptop.

Quote from: kingofflamess on December 20, 2009, 05:36:04 PM
who cares, i dont

Screw you!

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Skyle369 on December 22, 2009, 07:40:41 PM
It would be sad to hear a member not being active because of a broken laptop.
I do still have my three-year-old desktop, but it's SO slow... eh, it's better than the '95 I had for eternity before that.

sonicmaddave

Quote from: TheGameNinja on December 22, 2009, 07:37:35 PM
Thanks. ;D

Well it's lucky you have all the important stuff backed up, external hard disks are really handy. I have a WD 1TB external HDD I love it. :)

DarkSuperPower

Wow That Must Of Been A Scare For You ::)

sonicmaddave

Quote from: DarkSuperPower on December 24, 2009, 11:06:44 AM
Wow That Must Of Been A Scare For You ::)
just before new year my desktop computer broke. I had to wait almost a week for a replacement part and stuff and it's working again. It does get a little scary if you need your computer.

Shadow26

Yeah,it does.You sometimes get pretty hyper saying "!What am i going to do,what am i going to do?!" xD

sonicmaddave

haha xD I need my computer for my work and stuff it's very time saving as well to use a computer for work related matters than writing out a lot of paperwork which my job has :P

Fiamonder

Hmm. My laptop is reacting strange >.> lol.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

Tanassy

ha. remember when my comp broke? took me about 8 hours to get it up and i was driven to fix it!

anyway good you sorted out your problems, warranties CAN actually be useful!

TheGameNinja

Looks like mine's going to be fine. The only downside: it's gonna cost $350. Oh well, better than getting a whole new laptop.

Fiamonder

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 08, 2010, 03:19:01 PM
Looks like mine's going to be fine. The only downside: it's gonna cost $350. Oh well, better than getting a whole new laptop.

Lol, i agree. Glad that ur laptop is save :3

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

Shadow26

So maybe we should lock this topic now? ;)

sonicmaddave

Good point. No longer needed.  ;)
~LOCKED~