List of Dev's Currently developing a game on the system:
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/110127a_list_E.pdf

Here's the full technical specification, direct from Sony:

CPU
ARM® Cortex-A9 core (4 core)

GPU
SGX543MP4+

External Dimensions
Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)

Screen (Touch screen)
5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED
Multi touch screen (capacitive type)

Rear touch pad
Multi touch pad (capacitive type)

Cameras
Front camera, Rear camera

Sound
Built-in stereo speakers
Built-in microphone
Sensors
Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass

Wi-Fi location service support

Keys / Switches
PS button
Power button
Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)
Right stick, Left stick
START button, SELECT button
Volume buttons (+/-)

Wireless communications
Mobile network connectivity (3G)
IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)

Looks like Sony just slapped themselves again, just like they did back with the Playstation 3.
But damn, this really does look way better than the 3DS.

TheGameNinja

TWO THUMBSTICKS.
THANK YOU, GOD.

That aside, holy crap that thing's expensive. Probably too rich for my blood, until there's something I really want it for. The thing's pretty big. That's good for the screen, but I wonder how heavy it's going to be. So, yeah, other than the price, I can't complain. Not that I'm complaining much about the price. It's definitely worth it. But I'll still be waiting for a must-own game or a price drop. Unless I get it as a gift. :P

Fiamonder

Interesting... also, a Sony device with a touch-screen? That's new if I'm not mistaken.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 28, 2011, 05:12:24 AM
TWO THUMBSTICKS.
THANK YOU, GOD.

That aside, holy crap that thing's expensive. Probably too rich for my blood, until there's something I really want it for. The thing's pretty big. That's good for the screen, but I wonder how heavy it's going to be. So, yeah, other than the price, I can't complain. Not that I'm complaining much about the price. It's definitely worth it. But I'll still be waiting for a must-own game or a price drop. Unless I get it as a gift. :P

Metal Gear Solid 4?

Jazz Nova

...Sony just blew the 3DS out of the water...
Although, 3DS comes out first and is prolly less expensive
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

jkid101094

Hmm...a touch screen and two cameras, one in front and one in back?...Where have I heard that before?...

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Teh Shadic

Fffffffff, that looks epic. But $399 is pretty expensive for me...

hi

Tanassy

I'll stick with my iPhone for now, thanks. As a ninty fan, I'll grab the 3DS first. But who knows, if this isn't $999 when it comes out like the PS3 was, then maybe I'll take a squizz. Because it looks pretty damn good. I have a feeling there wont be much of a use for the touch screen given the two analog sticks, but hey. And lolwut, a GPS? xD

Hakudamashi

NGP=Nintendo Got PWND
There, I said it
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on January 29, 2011, 06:16:27 PM
NGP=Nintendo Got PWND
There, I said it
I don't see any 3D... therefore I think your argument is invalid.

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on January 29, 2011, 06:16:27 PM
NGP=Nintendo Got PWND
There, I said it
*cough*sonyfanboy*cough*
Sorry, I have a slight cold. It's flu season, ya know.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Tenacious BloodFury~ on January 29, 2011, 11:43:54 PM
I don't see any 3D... therefore I think your argument is invalid.
Making the Super Mario Bros. movie 3D doesn't make it better than any 2D movie
And it has 2 analog sticks.....must I explain why this wins?
Quote from: jkid101094 on January 30, 2011, 12:24:08 AM
*cough*sonyfanboy*cough*
Sorry, I have a slight cold. It's flu season, ya know.
You better clear that cold before I chew up your ballls and return them to you in your mouth =/

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on January 30, 2011, 06:23:20 AM
Making the Super Mario Bros. movie 3D doesn't make it better than any 2D movie
And it has 2 analog sticks.....must I explain why this wins?
Yes, because I just don't see it. :I

Quote from: windlessusher on January 30, 2011, 06:23:20 AM
You better clear that cold before I chew up your ballls and return them to you in your mouth =/
After I get my sex change you can do whatever you want to my balls. *shot*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 30, 2011, 06:25:41 AM
Yes, because I just don't see it. :I
After I get my sex change you can do whatever you want to my balls. *shot*

and,ew
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

The NGP looks pretty darn powerful, but we've seen the best it can do already. Sure it beats the standard of any 2008 Console game, but imagine what the 3DS has in store for those developers who don't make use of the 3D? Just as good. And trust me, there will be potential-seeking devs.

The competition is tight, and what will win is the ability to compliment the hardware. 3D is passive and not a gimmick. The controls aren't overcrowded and the layout is tidy.
With the NGP, the touch screen may provide a new way of playing, but also having two analog sticks, and that huge screen, too, the touch screen will feel awkward and developers might not want to use it, apart from the occasional gimmick. There's also a GPS in there. I'm a gamer, I don't want a GPS. That's cash wasted. I can tell this is going to be a really expensive piece of kit, and at that, SONY likes to make people pay a lot.

So, gimmicky, expensive, awkward, crowded handheld? Or equally powerful, enjoyable, cheap, easy, clean handheld? 

I know I may be looking on to a work in progress, but with SONY, it's the same story all over again. It'll be good, but it wont be consistent. It'll be value for money, but you wont use what you payed for.  Etcetera.
Like I said, if it shapes up, I'm interested. But my money is currently going toward nintendo. Who thus far, through all the news and discussions I've seen, are going to do wonderfully.
And who knows, considering current events, SEGA is likely favoring this console too. Hence, Sonic games.

But we'll see.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Tenacious BloodFury~ on January 31, 2011, 02:01:56 AM
The NGP looks pretty darn powerful, but we've seen the best it can do already. Sure it beats the standard of any 2008 Console game, but imagine what the 3DS has in store for those developers who don't make use of the 3D? Just as good. And trust me, there will be potential-seeking devs.

The competition is tight, and what will win is the ability to compliment the hardware. 3D is passive and not a gimmick. The controls aren't overcrowded and the layout is tidy.
With the NGP, the touch screen may provide a new way of playing, but also having two analog sticks, and that huge screen, too, the touch screen will feel awkward and developers might not want to use it, apart from the occasional gimmick. There's also a GPS in there. I'm a gamer, I don't want a GPS. That's cash wasted. I can tell this is going to be a really expensive piece of kit, and at that, SONY likes to make people pay a lot.

So, gimmicky, expensive, awkward, crowded handheld? Or equally powerful, enjoyable, cheap, easy, clean handheld? 

I know I may be looking on to a work in progress, but with SONY, it's the same story all over again. It'll be good, but it wont be consistent. It'll be value for money, but you wont use what you payed for.  Etcetera.
Like I said, if it shapes up, I'm interested. But my money is currently going toward nintendo. Who thus far, through all the news and discussions I've seen, are going to do wonderfully.
And who knows, considering current events, SEGA is likely favoring this console too. Hence, Sonic games.

But we'll see.

Any Sony Portable Device has been getting a GPS build-in lately.

SEGA is currently making a game on this thing so...

also.... Kadokawa Games.... Anime Fanservice Game o3o?

Ioshyriku

holy crap this thing looks powerful but the only thing I care is that I hope the most RPGs will come to the 3DS unlike the PSP that stole all the awesome titles, still I wish to see what both will be capable of

Tanassy

Quote from: Lucyfied on January 31, 2011, 10:02:30 AM
Any Sony Portable Device has been getting a GPS build-in lately.

SEGA is currently making a game on this thing so...

also.... Kadokawa Games.... Anime Fanservice Game o3o?
And yet there's already talk of several SEGA titles and even a sonic title or two on the 3DS.
But of course, all I want to see Super Mario Sunshine. xD Woo Nintendo!

Ehem.. back on topic.
What would be cool on this is a new Ratchet & Clank game. Hahahahaha

Sonic123

$399 eh... well it is less expensive then when the PS3 Came out...
100 posts is everyones goal on this fourm... no one seems to care about anything..

shadowDOESrock

heres the joke.

Batterylife: 2 to 5 Hours depending on application, 9 Hours when listening to music only.
Intigrated Battery, no way to exchange and/or switch batterys.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on September 14, 2011, 08:48:29 AM
heres the joke.

Batterylife: 2 to 5 Hours depending on application, 9 Hours when listening to music only.

Oh wow.
Is it really that bad?

Tanassy

heres the joke.

Oh my god.

Are you fucking shitting me or what?

jkid101094

heres the joke.

Waitwut? You charge it then, right?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

This is what the games' boxes look like. And the game cards, if you haven't seen those yet.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 14, 2011, 04:51:17 PM
This is what the games' boxes look like. And the game cards, if you haven't seen those yet.

Why such a big case for something as small as a Gamecube memory card?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 14, 2011, 04:53:48 PM
Why such a big case for something as small as a Gamecube memory card?
Why does it matter?

jkid101094

Quote from: Remilia Scarlet [Tana~] on September 14, 2011, 07:28:59 PM
Why does it matter?
Shelf space? Seems like they just have a lot of unused room.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 14, 2011, 07:31:04 PM
Shelf space? Seems like they just have a lot of unused room.
Doesn't really make a difference, honestly. Besides, it's a design choice. I guess it's meant to stand out. One would think it's symbolic, I guess. To me it speaks, "bigger experiences on a small console" or something. Of course, maybe that's just me.

jkid101094

Quote from: Remilia Scarlet [Tana~] on September 14, 2011, 08:22:09 PM
Doesn't really make a difference, honestly. Besides, it's a design choice. I guess it's meant to stand out. One would think it's symbolic, I guess. To me it speaks, "bigger experiences on a small console" or something. Of course, maybe that's just me.
You think too deeply about things.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 14, 2011, 09:01:54 PM
You think too deeply about things.
You don't think enough about the meaning of a design. Nor about the subconscious effects of a particular design.

jkid101094

Quote from: Remilia Scarlet [Tana~] on September 14, 2011, 09:51:34 PM
You don't think enough about the meaning of a design. Nor about the subconscious effects of a particular design.
Like the majority of consumers. :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 14, 2011, 09:56:27 PM
Like the majority of consumers. :P
That's because the majority of consumers don't know about what happens in their subconscious. That's why it's called the subconscious after all.

TheGameNinja

This topic's name should really be changed to the PlayStation Vita.

jkid101094

Quote from: Remilia Scarlet [Tana~] on September 14, 2011, 10:04:04 PM
That's because the majority of consumers don't know about what happens in their subconscious. That's why it's called the subconscious after all.
Maybe so, but we don't think about-
Quote from: Remilia Scarlet [Tana~] on September 14, 2011, 09:51:34 PM
the meaning of a design.
-even when it glares us in the face. :P

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 15, 2011, 03:17:21 AM
This topic's name should really be changed to the PlayStation Vita.
Will do.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 15, 2011, 03:21:43 AM
Maybe so, but we don't think about--even when it glares us in the face. :P

You're right, partially.

PSNGigoByte

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on January 28, 2011, 11:24:54 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4?

Not sure if this has been said or not already, but apparently Metal Gear Solid will not be hitting the 'PSV'.. However, if the demand is great enough for it - why would they not!

Another tit bit of news, they're also apparently releasing the 'MGS HD Collection' games on the Vita, so we'll be gracing our souls with those games at least!
Three (five if you include the MSX's Metal Gear 1/2) games to bask in - in all its glory.. I can not wait.

HIDEO - TAKE MY MONEY!

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on September 22, 2011, 03:30:54 PM
region free?
You can play Japanese games on an English Vita, I.E., imports without hacking.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 22, 2011, 03:35:25 PM
*dies*
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 22, 2011, 03:35:25 PM
More precisely, it means you can play a game with any region coding on any region's version of the console.

Jazz Nova

Hakudamashi

It uses PSN doesn't it? So then it can't play UMD exclusive PSP games like Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Jazz Nova

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on September 23, 2011, 04:39:15 PM
It uses PSN doesn't it? So then it can't play UMD exclusive PSP games like Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.
Dammit! That's now TWO games i wont be able to get on this system i want my Mega Man Powered-Up and my KH:BBS!
But seriously, it's $400? Didnt Sony learn not to scare their consumers with prices?

TheGameNinja

That's why you never buy something like this when it first comes out. There will be a better and/or cheaper version out before too long. Talk to the early adopters to 3DTVs for an example. Or the 3DS for that matter. :P

I'm just glad this thing isn't download only. At least they learned SOMETHING from the Go.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 25, 2011, 05:12:04 AM
That's why you never buy something like this when it first comes out. There will be a better and/or cheaper version out before too long. Talk to the early adopters to 3DTVs for an example. Or the 3DS for that matter. :P

I'm just glad this thing isn't download only. At least they learned SOMETHING from the Go.

yeah i agree because the 3DS hasn't even been out for 2 years and they lowered the DAMN price already

Jazz Nova

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 25, 2011, 05:12:04 AM
That's why you never buy something like this when it first comes out.
I bought a DSi soon after it came out.
Boy, was I mad.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 25, 2011, 04:02:07 AM
Dammit! That's now TWO games i wont be able to get on this system i want my Mega Man Powered-Up and my KH:BBS!
But seriously, it's $400? Didnt Sony learn not to scare their consumers with prices?
I thought it was $249.99 =/
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

i was looking at the very first post that Kyo put up. It says $399, but i dont know what country Kyo lives in.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: Jazz Nova on January 28, 2011, 11:30:38 AM
...Sony just blew the 3DS out of the water...
Although, 3DS comes out first and is prolly less expensive
yeah sony ripped off the 3DS

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

well because the 3DS already had the camera before they put it on

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: billyhatcher312 on September 26, 2011, 03:25:02 AM

Nokia Smartphones had a camera before the 3DS.
OMG NINTENDO RIPPED NOKIA OFF! D:

Tanassy

So did 90% of other devices on the market.

Hakudamashi

That argument is soo... weak
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Juju

You know, sweetie, the 3DS is already "taking" some of the PS Vita's ideas. Ever see this?  :)

Yeah, if you're going to throw around the "PS VITA STEALS IDEAS" concept, don't act like Nintendo didn't get any ideas from Playstation...  :)

~*~*Fairies control everything we do, we need to listen to the whispers of them in order to succeed. Those who fail did not listen to fairy*~*~ :)

Put this in your signature if you're a proud mom!!! :*

SmashFinale

jkid101094

Quote from: Juju on September 26, 2011, 09:34:32 AM
You know, sweetie, the 3DS is already "taking" some of the PS Vita's ideas. Ever see this?  :)

Yeah, if you're going to throw around the "PS VITA STEALS IDEAS" concept, don't act like Nintendo didn't get any ideas from Playstation...  :)
I thought that was made specifically for Monster Hunter? Then wouldn't it be Capcom? :P
Besides, dual analogs have been around for years. Even the Gamecube had them.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Sony was the first if im correct. DualShock 2, which came out on the PS1, was the first Dual Analog controller.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 26, 2011, 09:42:53 AM
Sony was the first if im correct. DualShock 2, which came out on the PS1, was the first Dual Analog controller.
Never said they weren't. But it's more then possible they weren't. I don't keep tabs on all the retro consoles.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Juju

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 26, 2011, 09:39:11 AM
I thought that was made specifically for Monster Hunter? Then wouldn't it be Capcom? :P
Besides, dual analogs have been around for years. Even the Gamecube had them.
No sweetie, there's going to be other games that use it. And SmashFinale is correct about PS1 having the first dual-analog controller. The point is you can argue about things, but once something new comes along, it's going to get "copied" somehow.  :)

~*~*Fairies control everything we do, we need to listen to the whispers of them in order to succeed. Those who fail did not listen to fairy*~*~ :)

Put this in your signature if you're a proud mom!!! :*

jkid101094

Quote from: Juju on September 26, 2011, 09:58:01 AM
No sweetie, there's going to be other games that use it.
Well I know that. My argument is that Monster Hunter is the reason why it's happening in the first place. If Nintendo wanted dual analogs they would have put it on the system without an adapter. :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Have you seen that thing from the back? It makes the 3DS look just like a PS2/PS3 controller with a screen. From behind, anyway.

Tanassy

basically, the way gaming works is a system called, "copy-paste-improve"

That's basically how everything works. Without it, stuff doesn't flow.

PSNGigoByte

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 26, 2011, 09:42:53 AM

Believe it was the Dualshock. I mean, there were no difference - but Dualshock 2 was released with the PS2 era, same as the PS3 era having Dualshock 3.
But yeah - the first well known dual-analog controller was the PlayStation.

Hakudamashi

PS1 had the dual analog control, but all the games only had it optional since L and R were used to rotate the camera
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on September 27, 2011, 12:12:15 PM
PS1 had the dual analog control, but all the games only had it optional since L and R were used to rotate the camera
I know something about PlayStation than Gigo does not?
-Achievement Unlocked: Beaten At His Own Game. 55G.-

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 27, 2011, 12:43:23 PM
Trophy*

-Shot-

Buffy26yrs

I Have No Plans To Get That System.

billyhatcher312

PSNGigoByte

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 27, 2011, 12:43:23 PM

Not quite, buddy ;)

Guess I forgot to say that the most significant difference between the DS1 and the DS2 is that the DS2 has pressure sensitive buttons. Could have just edited my post, but meh. Screw it.

Also, who's the say that I'm to know 'everything' about PlayStation? :D

SmashFinale

PSNGigoByte

Far from it, man! It's just stating my PSNID. Doesn't mean that I know everything about PlayStation :P

Tanassy

Pressure sensitive buttons eh? That's new to me.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Tanassy

he means the fact that you can for example.. half hold down x. It's kinda useless and annoying in reality...

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: *Tana on September 29, 2011, 04:23:23 PM
he means the fact that you can for example.. half hold down x. It's kinda useless and annoying in reality...

if the buttons arent weak as fuck, its great.

Tanassy

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on September 29, 2011, 05:57:56 PM

if the buttons arent weak as fuck, its great.

But the concept was kinda underused.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: *Tana on September 29, 2011, 04:23:23 PM
he means the fact that you can for example.. half hold down x.
Seriously?Why wasn't I told of this? Do games nowadays use it?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on September 29, 2011, 06:12:07 PM
Seriously?Why wasn't I told of this? Do games nowadays use it?
Nope. Not that I know of.

PSNGigoByte

Only real example I can give of the pressure sensitive buttons being used on the PS2 & PS3 games are:
Within Racing games (I.e. Gran Turismo).

..I'm sure there are plenty more though.

Tanassy

Quote from: PSNGigoByte on September 30, 2011, 03:58:53 AM
Only real example I can give of the pressure sensitive buttons being used on the PS2 & PS3 games are:

I was thinking that too. of course, only some racing games actually supported it too.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: PSNGigoByte on September 30, 2011, 03:58:53 AM

...you accelerate with X on GT, not the triggers?

Tanassy

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on September 30, 2011, 06:57:29 AM
Fun fact= Before using the triggers was even the ideal way to play racers, people actually used to use the analog sticks.

But yes, you could do that, too. Wasn't very effective unless you were just pretty much full or half accelerating though.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: *Tana on September 30, 2011, 10:18:04 AM
Fun fact= Before using the triggers was even the ideal way to play racers, people actually used to use the analog sticks.

But yes, you could do that, too. Wasn't very effective unless you were just pretty much full or half accelerating though.

<-- plays videogames since genesis-times

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on September 30, 2011, 06:57:29 AM
It's the default actually...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Sony has announced that all the awesomeness of getting all your UMD PSP Titles to PSP Vita will not be possible in America.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on February 07, 2012, 09:57:30 AM
Sony has announced that all the awesomeness of getting all your UMD PSP Titles to PSP Vita will not be possible in America.

I feel bad for people in the above category.

jkid101094

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on February 07, 2012, 09:57:30 AM
Wasn't getting one anyway. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

PSNGigoByte

I pre-ordered my 3G Vita about a month ago now.. £25 deposit down!
Seriously can not wait for it to come out.. I'll be standing outside the front door of GAME at 9am to pick my little bundle of joy up on the 22nd!

On a related..ish note - I can't wait to see what hacks they release for the blighter.. SEGA 32x emulation, please?!?o?

Hakudamashi

Is the Vita seeming less and less appealing the more it's revealed to anyone? or is it just me?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on February 10, 2012, 11:02:01 AM
Is the Vita seeming less and less appealing the more it's revealed to anyone? or is it just me?
I never found the Vita really appealing but that's because I'm a Nintendo fanboy.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: windlessusher on February 10, 2012, 11:02:01 AM
It looks like a psp with better graphics, and some awkward touch pad thing on the back... It's not just you.
To be fair... Nevermind, it really is kinda lame...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: supersonic196 on February 10, 2012, 11:22:54 AM
It looks like a psp with better graphics, and some awkward touch pad thing on the back... It's not just you.
To be fair... Nevermind, it really is kinda lame...
And overpriced =U
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

"Hey, guys. Let's take the PSP, add most of the DS's features to it, add something stupid that doesn't belong on a video game system *cough*GPS*cough* and sell it to prepubescent brats so they can call people faggots over Black OPs even on the go!"

I understand that it's supposed to be an all-purpose machine but everything Sony has added has either been done recently or really doesn't need to be there.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 10, 2012, 11:32:55 AM
"Hey, guys. Let's take the PSP, add most of the DS's features to it, add something stupid that doesn't belong on a video game system *cough*GPS*cough* and sell it to prepubescent brats so they can call people faggots over Black OPs even on the go!"

I understand that it's supposed to be an all-purpose machine but everything Sony has added has either been done recently or really doesn't need to be there.
I don't want an all purpose machine, that's what smartphones are for, I want a gaming handheld powerful enough to take console experiences on the go
For as much sh*t as I gave the 3DS, at least it outshines the Vita in the 1 thing that's most important at launch, ALL the games of the previous gen can be played on it =/
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on February 10, 2012, 11:49:27 AM
I don't want an all purpose machine, that's what smartphones are for, I want a gaming handheld powerful enough to take console experiences on the go
For as much sh*t as I gave the 3DS, at least it outshines the Vita in the 1 thing that's most important at launch, ALL the games of the previous gen can be played on it =/
But you have to rebuy Gameboy games and GBA games can't be played at all.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 10, 2012, 11:50:58 AM
But you have to rebuy Gameboy games and GBA games can't be played at all.
But at least ALL NDS games are compatible, with PSVita, only a selected few PSP games are compatible, Sonic Rivals 1&2, FFVII Crisis Core are examples of incompatible PSP games, not to mention those that have UMDs are s.o.l.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

Also the 3DS's library is MUCH better than the Vita's.

Vita has Uncharted, some thing with rolling guys, and some sort of fighter....
3DS already has a fair selection of gems, and the lineup for this year just looks phenomenal.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: supersonic196 on February 10, 2012, 12:24:51 PM
Also the 3DS's library is MUCH better than the Vita's.

Vita has Uncharted, some thing with rolling guys, and some sort of fighter....
3DS already has a fair selection of gems, and the lineup for this year just looks phenomenal.
Hey man, the 3DS had a craptastic launch too, but I'm saying at least the 3DS had it's backwards compatibility sorted out from day 1.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Its not like you're gonna buy a VITA & sell your PSP..? Or buying it to play old games on a bigger screen?
There are enough VITA games coming out on Launch and in early March?

Post Merge: February 10, 2012, 04:41:42 PM

...and thats the european launch, so theres probably a game or two more in america.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on February 10, 2012, 12:40:24 PM
Its not like you're gonna buy a VITA & sell your PSP..? Or buying it to play old games on a bigger screen?
Actually, that was my intent =/, my PSP is kinda beaten up, so instead of buying a new one, I was just gonna get the Vita instead and sell the PSP for whatever it was worth, not that I know that not only is it not compatible with all my PSP games, but it can't play my UMDs either, therefore its no longer a day 1 buy for me =/
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on February 10, 2012, 12:40:24 PM
There are enough VITA games coming out on Launch and in early March?

Post Merge: February 10, 2012, 04:41:42 PM

...and thats the european launch, so theres probably a game or two more in america.
Most people HAVE to. Especially here. We aren't exactly made of money.

Also I'd expect less American launch titles because most Japanese games get ported everywhere but here. :U

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 10, 2012, 12:38:00 PM
Do NOT diss Katamari. :U

That's not what I was thinking of, there was some game with heads rolling around on hills and you had to tilt the vita to get them in a hole... creative genius ladies and gentlemen.

Little deviants, as advertised by gamestop.

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 10, 2012, 12:48:22 PM
^this

Although I can't see why anyone would want a vita...

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 10, 2012, 12:48:22 PM

Also I'd expect less American launch titles because most Japanese games get ported everywhere but here. :U

...then wait for a price drop -as simple as that.

buying something at launch never was worth it, ever since the CDi.

Hakudamashi

The only thing that was kickass at launch was a SNES
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

Quote from: windlessusher on February 10, 2012, 12:57:31 PM
The only thing that was kickass at launch was a SNES
The Gamecube's European launch was amazing.

And the Dreamcast had one of the strongest lineups in history.

SmashFinale

I have already played the PSVita. It literally is the same damn thing as the PSP but with DS features and better graphics. I seriously dont see the point in getting one. "OH BUT UNCHARTED!" One game is enough to make you buy it? That would be pretty sad.

Here's a vid to prove that i have seen one in person. Im the one who said "yeah, i know what it is."

puu.sh/grEu

It was being recorded before Gym Class started

Supersonic196

I have to admit, it does LOOK sleek, the design is nice. But a design doesn't warrant a buy in my book... :U

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on February 10, 2012, 01:09:10 PM
I have already played the PSVita. It literally is the same damn thing as the PSP but with DS features and better graphics. I seriously dont see the point in getting one. "OH BUT UNCHARTED!" One game is enough to make you buy it? That would be pretty sad.
It also allows me to play PS3 in my bedroom, that's pretty amazin, also Gravity Dive and Hot Shots Golf have grabbed my interest, and I am interested in how the touch controls work with Little Big Planet and Modnation Racers, and what's wrong with Uncharted?

My only gripe with the thing is that its limited backwards compatibility and overpriced mem cards make me now wanna get this at launch, didn't mean to start a Vita hate thread...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on February 10, 2012, 01:47:33 PM
what's wrong with Uncharted?
Quote from: SmashFinale on February 10, 2012, 01:09:10 PM
One game is enough to make you buy it? That would be pretty sad.
Uncharted is a good series, sure it ill be left in the dust like Crash and Jak, but it still is a good series. But getting a console for only one game? That would be a waste of money. And sure the other games look interesting, but not enough reason for me to buy this console at the cost of backwards compatibly and a wallet wringer for 3G and regular.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on February 11, 2012, 07:18:53 AM
Uncharted is a good series, sure it ill be left in the dust like Crash and Jak, but it still is a good series. But getting a console for only one game? That would be a waste of money. And sure the other games look interesting, but not enough reason for me to buy this console at the cost of backwards compatibly and a wallet wringer for 3G and regular.
I only bought the Wii for SSBB...
And why get 3G? Isn't that what phones are for?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on February 11, 2012, 07:57:33 AM
I only bought the Wii for SSBB...
Not the brightest move IMO. I got the Wii for a bunch of games, games i still play today and games i havent gotten but still want

Quote from: windlessusher on February 11, 2012, 07:57:33 AM
And why get 3G? Isn't that what phones are for?

Guess they want to give the message that smartphones are not the only ones capable of 3G. And it could be useful.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on February 11, 2012, 08:00:46 AM
Guess they want to give the message that smartphones are not the only ones capable of 3G. And it could be useful.
But why would you want anything other than a phone with 3G, I mean are you really gonna want to play competetive multiplayer while your on the road and constantly moving, or standing in a line when ur turn is soon?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Jazz Nova

Supersonic196

Quote from: windlessusher on February 11, 2012, 02:46:31 PM
But why would you want anything other than a phone with 3G, I mean are you really gonna want to play competetive multiplayer while your on the road and constantly moving, or standing in a line when ur turn is soon?
I think they're trying to appeal to CoD fanboys and, well,
Quote from: jkid101094 on February 10, 2012, 11:32:55 AM
There are just too many people that need to be called names in a childish manner these days. I'm glad Sony is helping us solve this serious issue in our society. Now we can be bigots on the go! -slapped-

3G is a stupid thing to shove into a handheld. It's almost as if it's in there just so they can remind us that the competition doesn't have it. And having more features, regardless of what those features are seems to be a selling point for sony.

Eh?

3G only increases the expenses to make the make system, due to the licensing involved with distributing a 3G enabled device, deals with 3G providers ect. Which in turn bloats the price of the handheld.
For shame Sony. For shame.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: supersonic196 on February 15, 2012, 12:08:12 PM
I think they're trying to appeal to CoD fanboys and, well,There are just too many people that need to be called names in a childish manner these days. I'm glad Sony is helping us solve this serious issue in our society. Now we can be bigots on the go! -slapped-

3G is a stupid thing to shove into a handheld. It's almost as if it's in there just so they can remind us that the competition doesn't have it. And having more features, regardless of what those features are seems to be a selling point for sony.

Eh?

3G only increases the expenses to make the make system, due to the licensing involved with distributing a 3G enabled device, deals with 3G providers ect. Which in turn bloats the price of the handheld.
For shame Sony. For shame.

the CoD Crowd would never buy CoD on a Handheld. They've tried before and always failed.

As for 3G, all the current games with multiplayer fuctions dont support 3G 'cause its not powerful enough.
3G is only for Webbrowsing, Updates and the GPS Data-Downloads.
Also, GPS is something sony puts in EVERYTHING. The New Walkmans & Cameras have GPS aswell.

Also, just buy the Wi-Fi Version if you dont need it and shut up n' enjoy.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {The Lovely Kyo}~ on February 16, 2012, 06:15:30 AM
Also, just buy the Wi-Fi Version if you dont need it and shut up n' enjoy.
I'm just conserned on the cash they could be saving if they dropped the 3G foolishness =/
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay