Main Menu

Bayonetta 2

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 01, 2012, 03:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Sega has cancelled a planned sequel to 2010 Platinum Games brawler Bayonetta, according to reports

A source close to the situation told Spong that the unannounced sequel has been the first major casualty of Sega's restructuring of its western operations, after which the publisher will focus on existing IP and digital sales.

Sega declined to comment, which is bad news for the many who sought clarification from designer Hideki Kamiya on Twitter. "I have had it," he replied to one question. "I'm not Sega man. Ask Sega."

Platinum Games producer Atsushi Inaba, however, struck a rather more positive tone, tweeting the below image with the message: "We've heard all the rumours on the net. What do you guys think? Too bad it got cancelled, huh?"

Sega announced its restructing drive early last month, warning of layoffs across its US and European divisions and the cancellation of several projects. The publisher said it was to focus on established IPs, naming Sonic The Hedgehog, Total War, Football Manager and Aliens.

Those games aside, its upcoming publishing slate includes the aforementioned Anarchy Reigns, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz for Vita, and Toshihiro Nagoshi's Yakuza 5. The focus on digital sales should safeguard the likes of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, the free-to-play Phantasy Star Online 2, and the upcoming HD remake of Dreamcast classic Jet Set Radio.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Hakudamashi

Sony, Microsoft and even SEGA passed on this game cause "it won't sell"

Thus the Wii-U wins the console war.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on September 22, 2012, 09:40:26 AM
Sony, Microsoft and even SEGA passed on this game cause "it won't sell"

Thus the Wii-U wins the console war.

SEGA passed on this because they arent able to finance such a big-budget production.

Hakudamashi

What's Sony or Microsoft's excuse?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on November 10, 2012, 07:47:15 PM

I'd say Microsoft's is that the game's Japanese. And Sony's is that the last game ran terribly on their console I guess.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on November 10, 2012, 07:47:15 PM

They probably havent even been asked or had the idea to get this as a exclusive title.

Microsoft, as TGN said, probably would've said that the game is japanese and that they dont have any market share in Japan.
And Sony? They're probably busy financing their own stuff without losing even more billions of dollars every year. lol.

SEGA & Nintendo are like BFF's nowdays, it isnt far-fetched that Nintendo would help out.
It also wouldnt be THAT far-fetched if Nintendo would buy out SEGA at some point.

Tanassy

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 11, 2012, 12:44:29 AM
It also wouldnt be THAT far-fetched if Nintendo would buy out SEGA at some point.

That is literally the only thing that will dig SEGA out of it's quicksand pit of mistakes at this point.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 12, 2012, 03:29:03 AM
That is literally the only thing that will dig SEGA out of it's quicksand pit of mistakes at this point.
Yeah, because Nintendo totally hasn't made any stupid mistakes themselves recently...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on November 12, 2012, 03:05:46 PM
Yeah, because Nintendo totally hasn't made any stupid mistakes themselves recently...
They aren't the ones who have to cancel all their franchises out of desperation.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 22, 2012, 11:09:18 PM
They aren't the ones who have to cancel all their franchises out of desperation.
And they totally aren't being looked at questionably by the gaming community...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on November 24, 2012, 03:57:06 PM
And they totally aren't being looked at questionably by the gaming community...

And who else has the guts to take risks?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 24, 2012, 04:06:41 PM
And who else has the guts to take risks?
It's not really about having the guts to take risks, it's that everyone who does take a risk ends up dead
Team Bondi, Lightbox Studios...

I'm worried is all...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay