Main Menu

Bayonetta 2

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 01, 2012, 03:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Sega has cancelled a planned sequel to 2010 Platinum Games brawler Bayonetta, according to reports

A source close to the situation told Spong that the unannounced sequel has been the first major casualty of Sega's restructuring of its western operations, after which the publisher will focus on existing IP and digital sales.

Sega declined to comment, which is bad news for the many who sought clarification from designer Hideki Kamiya on Twitter. "I have had it," he replied to one question. "I'm not Sega man. Ask Sega."

Platinum Games producer Atsushi Inaba, however, struck a rather more positive tone, tweeting the below image with the message: "We've heard all the rumours on the net. What do you guys think? Too bad it got cancelled, huh?"

Sega announced its restructing drive early last month, warning of layoffs across its US and European divisions and the cancellation of several projects. The publisher said it was to focus on established IPs, naming Sonic The Hedgehog, Total War, Football Manager and Aliens.

Those games aside, its upcoming publishing slate includes the aforementioned Anarchy Reigns, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz for Vita, and Toshihiro Nagoshi's Yakuza 5. The focus on digital sales should safeguard the likes of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, the free-to-play Phantasy Star Online 2, and the upcoming HD remake of Dreamcast classic Jet Set Radio.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Hakudamashi

Sony, Microsoft and even SEGA passed on this game cause "it won't sell"

Thus the Wii-U wins the console war.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on September 22, 2012, 09:40:26 AM
Sony, Microsoft and even SEGA passed on this game cause "it won't sell"

Thus the Wii-U wins the console war.

SEGA passed on this because they arent able to finance such a big-budget production.

Hakudamashi

What's Sony or Microsoft's excuse?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on November 10, 2012, 07:47:15 PM

I'd say Microsoft's is that the game's Japanese. And Sony's is that the last game ran terribly on their console I guess.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on November 10, 2012, 07:47:15 PM

They probably havent even been asked or had the idea to get this as a exclusive title.

Microsoft, as TGN said, probably would've said that the game is japanese and that they dont have any market share in Japan.
And Sony? They're probably busy financing their own stuff without losing even more billions of dollars every year. lol.

SEGA & Nintendo are like BFF's nowdays, it isnt far-fetched that Nintendo would help out.
It also wouldnt be THAT far-fetched if Nintendo would buy out SEGA at some point.

Tanassy

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 11, 2012, 12:44:29 AM
It also wouldnt be THAT far-fetched if Nintendo would buy out SEGA at some point.

That is literally the only thing that will dig SEGA out of it's quicksand pit of mistakes at this point.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 12, 2012, 03:29:03 AM
That is literally the only thing that will dig SEGA out of it's quicksand pit of mistakes at this point.
Yeah, because Nintendo totally hasn't made any stupid mistakes themselves recently...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on November 12, 2012, 03:05:46 PM
Yeah, because Nintendo totally hasn't made any stupid mistakes themselves recently...
They aren't the ones who have to cancel all their franchises out of desperation.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 22, 2012, 11:09:18 PM
They aren't the ones who have to cancel all their franchises out of desperation.
And they totally aren't being looked at questionably by the gaming community...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on November 24, 2012, 03:57:06 PM
And they totally aren't being looked at questionably by the gaming community...

And who else has the guts to take risks?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 24, 2012, 04:06:41 PM
And who else has the guts to take risks?
It's not really about having the guts to take risks, it's that everyone who does take a risk ends up dead
Team Bondi, Lightbox Studios...

I'm worried is all...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Well they are risks after all. A game company can either stay the same and be on this slow, barely sustaining pathway, or they can take risks and either rise or die for it.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 25, 2012, 02:31:05 PM
Well they are risks after all. A game company can either stay the same and be on this slow, barely sustaining pathway, or they can take risks and either rise or die for it.
Which recent game took a big risk and didn't die?
Skullgirls that's what >=U
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on November 25, 2012, 05:23:39 PM
Which recent game took a big risk and didn't die?
Skullgirls that's what >=U
How did Skullgirls risk anything?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 25, 2012, 05:33:44 PM
How did Skullgirls risk anything?
They innovated team fighting by giving the option of custom assists, then almost died as a result, but they didn't.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on November 26, 2012, 09:08:55 AM
They innovated team fighting by giving the option of custom assists, then almost died as a result, but they didn't.
Oh wow, that's such a risky innovation.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 26, 2012, 05:27:26 PM
Oh wow, that's such a risky innovation.
I know right? So many team fighting have been release since the dawn of time, and only now do we get one that makes us choose our OWN f*cking assists, it is a much welcome and appreciated innovation you ungrateful welp.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on November 27, 2012, 12:49:50 PM
I know right? So many team fighting have been release since the dawn of time, and only now do we get one that makes us choose our OWN f*cking assists, it is a much welcome and appreciated innovation you ungrateful welp.
I never said it wasn't welcome. It's just not as big of an innovation as you make it out to be.

I could understand if Skullgirls tried crossing FPS games with fighting games or something but you example is such a teeny-tiny change that it can hardly be considered 'risky'.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2012, 12:57:30 PM
I never said it wasn't welcome. It's just not as big of an innovation as you make it out to be.

I could understand if Skullgirls tried crossing FPS games with fighting games or something but you example is such a teeny-tiny change that it can hardly be considered 'risky'.
"risky" is relative, but it doesn't matter
Point is they innovated at all and almost died.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on November 27, 2012, 01:12:48 PM
"risky" is relative, but it doesn't matter
Point is they innovated at all and almost died.
I don't see how such a small thing could almost kill a company.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2012, 01:16:11 PM
I don't see how such a small thing could almost kill a company.
But haha, it didn't, they came back last week and are continuing to work on the game.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 27, 2012, 12:57:30 PM

lolredsteel

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 27, 2012, 01:59:38 PM
lolredsteel
I've never played that game but so long as you understood my point I think we're fine.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

When I said "Taking risks" I meant greatly changing the formula of an established genre, not adding a few features. Remember, your game still has to be, you know, GOOD.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 27, 2012, 08:52:23 PM
When I said "Taking risks" I meant greatly changing the formula of an established genre, not adding a few features. Remember, your game still has to be, you know, GOOD.
I also meant this.

Really the Skullgirl's thing is just silly.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

Let's all laugh at those "hardcore gamers" who won't buy a Wii U cause "it's for kids"
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

Cunts are still upset that it's on Wii U
Fuck 'em.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

She has short hair now, but she's still using her hair.

...where's that hair coming from?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

That Star Fox costume is too awesome

Hakudamashi

Why does everyone call him Star Fox when his name is Fox McCloud?

Star Fox is the name of the team, last time I checked.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Surprise: Game is bombing really hard.

Bayonetta 2 is bombing in Japan, selling merely 38'000 copies in its first week. In comparison, Bayonetta (which publisher Sega deemed to be not a success back then) sold 200'000 copies in its first week.

Elija2

To be fair, it's been on sale for less than a week.

But yeah, I don't know who expected this game to be a success. After Yakuza 1&2 HD bombed, I think it's pretty obvious that the only games that sell on Wii U are the big Nintendo franchises (and Monster Hunter).

Hakudamashi

Maybe this will finally get people to shut up about third party support.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 25, 2014, 06:52:47 AM
Maybe this will finally get people to shut up about third party support.

Yep, not even third-party support can save Nintendo.

Hakudamashi

I meant more in terms of stop begging Nintendo to do something it's fans don't care about.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 25, 2014, 08:00:57 AM
I meant more in terms of stop begging Nintendo to do something it's fans don't care about.

Fans were begging Nintendo to do something that they didn't care about?

Hakudamashi

I dunno how I led you to think that, but no, not to my knowledge.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

You said that people should stop begging for stuff from Nintendo, but why would they beg Nintendo for anything if they weren't fans of theirs? But you also said that the people begging for stuff don't care about the things they're begging for. Therefore, you think that fans are begging Nintendo for things that they don't care about.

Hakudamashi

What I mean is. Folks say Nintendo is "dying" cause of lack of third party support and no mature games.
Folks don't realise they're not on Nintendo consoles cause people don't buy them on Nintendo consoles.

People who say Nintendo needs more third party support and mature games don't buy them on Nintendo consoles, and people who own Nintendo consoles don't ask for them.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 25, 2014, 10:08:14 AM
People who say Nintendo needs more third party support and mature games don't buy them on Nintendo consoles, and people who own Nintendo consoles don't ask for them.

I disagree. I don't think that there are that many people asking for more third-party games on Nintendo consoles, but the ones that are asking do buy them.

And if third-party games don't sell on Nintendo consoles then that's a pretty big problem for Nintendo. How many people are willing to buy an expensive console for just Nintendo games? Not that many, as the Wii U has shown us. They can't sustain their consoles on their own forever.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 25, 2014, 10:08:14 AM

That's why every game release has dozends 'Make a Wii U Version, please.' comments on each trailer.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 25, 2014, 10:30:48 AM
That's why every game release has dozends 'Make a Wii U Version, please.' comments on each trailer.
And PS4 can't do 1080p.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 25, 2014, 11:51:48 AM
And PS4 can't do 1080p.

Well, somone is feeling attacked

Also, that's not true. Unless that was the joke.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 25, 2014, 12:10:57 PM
Also, that's not true. Unless that was the joke.
I mean, if you're gonna take comments off the internet as truth that everyone who posts that do indeed want Wii U versions of all the things and would definitely buy all the things, then it should also be safe to take other comments on  the internet as truth.

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 25, 2014, 12:10:57 PM
Well, somone is feeling attacked
Um...what?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 25, 2014, 12:54:10 PM
I mean, if you're gonna take comments off the internet as truth that everyone who posts that do indeed want Wii U versions of all the things and would definitely buy all the things, then it should also be safe to take other comments on  the internet as truth.

What are you suggesting, that the people who ask for games to come to Wii U don't actually own a Wii U?

Hakudamashi

I was suggesting that Kyo not use comments on video sharing sites to prove a point.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 25, 2014, 02:30:07 PM
I was suggesting that Kyo not use comments on video sharing sites to prove a point.

His point was that people do ask for third-party games to come to Wii U. Why can't he use Youtube comments to prove this point?

Hakudamashi

He's free to do what he wants, I just rather he not quote the comment section of wherever.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 25, 2014, 03:10:57 PM
He's free to do what he wants, I just rather he not quote the comment section of wherever.

Why?

Hakudamashi

Because more often than not I find they say words for the sake of stirring up a dialogue, rather than being genuine.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 25, 2014, 03:15:11 PM
Because more often than not I find they say words for the sake of stirring up a dialogue, rather than being genuine.

How can you be sure though? What reason do you have to doubt that people are being sincere?

Besides, it's not like you can only find complaints against Nintendo in Youtube comments.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on September 25, 2014, 03:23:29 PM
How can you be sure though?
I'm not.
Which is why I suggested
Not outright telling him not do.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

So um... how about that sweet, sweet Demo that released the other day?

Darky ruined my video.
Nah, just kidding.

Also, this game is getting crazy good reviews. Grab it while it's hot.. or it may end up as an unsung classic.

Hakudamashi

Watch as it sells like shit.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

I totally know what you're talking about.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

I mean please don't say things like that because then it'll happen.

Please.

Hakudamashi

Oh
Then this game will sell like hotcakes and we'll have a Bayonetta 3 and it'll be even better than this.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Thank you <3

BTW This game is amaze.

Elija2

A mature Wii U game that sells like shit? No way.