Long Live the Queen

Started by jkid101094, November 20, 2013, 11:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

It's $10.00 on Steam but apparently there's a demo.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I would check it out, but if Elija2 found out I took on another VN without finishing VLR first, I'll have to sleep in the attic =U.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 20, 2013, 12:08:38 PM
I would check it out, but if Elija2 found out I took on another VN without finishing VLR first, I'll have to sleep in the attic =U.

You're goddamn right.

jkid101094

Well I played the demo. It seems shallow but it really isn't. I was failing checks like crazy and I think I accidentally got married...

Either way for ten bucks I think it's pretty worth it, not to mention it'll probably drop a few dollars for the Holiday sales.

http://www.hanakogames.com/llq.shtml

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 20, 2013, 01:16:39 PM
Well I played the demo. It seems shallow but it really isn't. I was failing checks like crazy and I think I accidentally got married...
Tell me more.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Well my cousin came over to the kingdom and while we were sitting in the garden a snake attacked us but I scared it off because I trained my reflexes. Now some girl wants me to kill my own guards to get a crystal ball so I can defy my father and learn magic to protect my kingdom from Krakens.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Well why kill more people then I have to? Especially considering the survivors are going to be at my feet.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I was talking more in terms of the perspective of that girl who asked you to do it.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

*shrug*

The demo only lasts so long, ya know. :P

Post Merge: November 21, 2013, 07:18:14 AM

http://puu.sh/5p4aW.jpg

Here's to ten dollars well spent.

The other $40 can go to Dual Destinies, maybe. VN Month for jkid.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Some asshole is pretty much forcing me to marry him. :c

If you're interested, the game has a feature where you can create a log of your progress to share. This is mine thus far;

http://puu.sh/5p6jW.txt

Post Merge: November 21, 2013, 08:29:52 AM

Got my first ending. I'm sad that there is nothing else I can do by reloading my saves. :c

Post Merge: November 21, 2013, 11:28:31 AM

So I'm enjoying this game a lot more than 999, hell, maybe even more than Katawa. My only worry is that I'll 100% and not ever have a reason to play it again.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Isn't that a problem with most VNs?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

jkid101094

So I found out that the really cute girl in this game just happens to be a lesbian and so I got an ending where the two of us ended up as, 'companions' as they put it. Honestly it was one of my more depressing runs, though.

I avoided rebels early on by inviting a friend over to the castle and claiming she was a hostage. She never found out until I let her go. Then, since I didn't train in magic some jackass ended up killing my father with was followed by a commoner rebellion. I managed to prevent it by giving them food but in the end I was out two parents, no siblings and a lesbian so Elodie apparently had to find a random guy to bang to have an heir.

Spoiler Alert; The guy that kills your father only admits to killing your mother after both your parents are dead, so I was forced to kiss his hand and just deal with it. Elodie never got over it according to the ending...poor girl. Hopefully her lesbian lover can comfort her.

Post Merge: November 23, 2013, 05:27:45 PM

WOOT WOOT

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

This game would make a very intriguing psychology study.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

So not only is this game getting a MAJOR update but it's going on sale for 85% ($1.50) off this Valentine's Day. If you've wanted it but haven't bough it yet now would be your best chance.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Where am I gonna get two bucks???

Elija2

Good thing I didn't follow jkid's advice because I just got this game for $1 in this week's Humble Bundle (along with a bunch of dumb VNs nobody cares about).

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Too bad.

Also the $1 tier practically pays for itself if you sell all of the trading cards you get.

EDIT: Hey jkid, if you want Analogue: A Hate Story let me know.

jkid101094

Why do that if I can just buy it myself? Two copies of LLtQ on my Steam account is a welcome addition with me.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Analogue: A Hate Story is a nice, kinda depressing read.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 12, 2015, 03:43:12 PM
Why do that if I can just buy it myself? Two copies of LLtQ on my Steam account is a welcome addition with me.

But you can't own two copies, you'll just have an extra code that you'd need to give to someone else.

jkid101094

Then I'll bestow the magic of LLtQ unto someone else.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Coulda told me that before I bought it.

Hakudamashi

Do you even know anyone else that would want it?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I was trying to be nice by gifting you a game, but fine!

Elija2

Played this game for the first time today. Was having fun until I was killed by bandits while travelling to my friend's birthday party. Feels bad, man. :(

jkid101094

Eh, don't feel bad. You pretty much have to build Elodie specifically to pass it...In fact, there are a lot of checks you have to plan in order to pass. Once you get your first good ending (or just get sick of dying) I suggest you use the wiki as a guide.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I failed almost every check that came up because I was only taking classes for things that she had bonuses in. So basically I put everything into Faith and Military (which looking back on is a pretty weird combination) and literally none of the checks had anything to do with them. Not even God or my army could save me!

jkid101094

Her bonuses depend on her mood. What you should be aiming for is to use the evening events to adjust Elodie's mood to give bonuses in the stats you want to raise.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Yeah, I know, but I have no idea which moods boost which classes. In my next game I kept getting hints that I was going to be invaded but stupid Elodie was only in the mood for dancing and praying. I guess I should have looked at a guide for that. Oh well, at least she didn't get killed that time.

jkid101094

Yeah, I'll admit, if there's one fault I can give the game it's that it isn't straightforward enough. You'd probably be better off using a guide a least to check which moods affect which classes.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

How long does it take to get to the end of the game? Because I'm gonna be really bummed if I get two hours in and end up dying for some random reason.

jkid101094

Not very long. I think it takes about two months in-game time? I don't really remember.

Besides, that's why you make save states.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 13, 2015, 02:36:34 PM
Not very long. I think it takes about two months in-game time? I don't really remember.

Besides, that's why you make save states.

I wanna know in real-life time. According to howlongtobeat.com, it takes about 3 hours to beat the game. That's... I mean, I guess it's a good thing that the game isn't super short but that's still a huge kick in the dick if you die close to the end and have to start all over again.

And fuck save states, do I look like some kind of scrub who save scums their way through a game? And either way, save states can't always save you either. You might end up saving at a point where it's too late to change your fate. But I guess instead of having to go back 3 hours you'll only have to go back 2. Yay?

jkid101094

Well have fun dying a thousand deaths, then.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.