Sonic Zone Universal Modpack Topic

Started by jkid101094, November 08, 2014, 02:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So it's no mystery that we play a shitton and a half of games together. Most recently the forum has gotten into a bit of a Worms kick and we've begun miserably flailing around online in the hopes that something dies. While that it all fine, fun and dandy it leaves a bit to be desired...That's why we have Mods...but there's a problem...

Most mods require the user to replace an existing item with a modified one in order for all players to see it. Naturally it helps if all players have the exact same mod on the exact same file. To remedy this I've created a Dropbox folder where we will (hopefully) be able to store user created mods for the forum to download, so that everyone involved sees, hears and plays the exact same game. My hope for this is that we can create a unified mod pack that we can all enjoy, regardless of what game we're playing.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/75p1u2rbwx2cvzh/AADJb18kN9RYNfdWLO8rKnOwa?dl=0

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 08, 2014, 02:31:17 AM
So it's no mystery that we play a shitton and a half of games together.

No we don't.

jkid101094

SaSASRT, Smash 3DS, Worms Armageddon, Pokemon X and Y, Mario Karts 7 and 8, just to name a few.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 09, 2014, 12:21:28 AM
SaSASRT, Smash 3DS, Worms Armageddon, Pokemon X and Y, Mario Karts 7 and 8, just to name a few.

A shitton and a half, eh?

Also, only one of those games supports mods.

jkid101094

I said just to name a few.
I left out games like Brawl, MK Wii and Team Fortress 2 which are well known for supporting mods.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 09, 2014, 09:01:16 AM
I said just to name a few.
I left out games like Brawl, MK Wii and Team Fortress 2 which are well known for supporting mods.

And which we never play and never will play.

We all know that you mainly made this thread for Worms.

jkid101094

I did, but I've played those games with other people before.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

The only multiplayer game your craptop can even run is Worms.

jkid101094

I updated the Dropbox with a folder called "WCW - Charleston Girl". You should download it since I'll be using it for my team.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 11, 2014, 07:44:49 AM
I updated the Dropbox with a folder called "WCW - Charleston Girl". You should download it since I'll be using it for my team.

Done. I also downloaded your shitty team flag.

jkid101094

It doesn't even work though. I can't figure out why.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Well good job dumbo, you can't even make a shitty flag right.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Chimmy Chonga

http://worms2d.info/Custom_team_flag
http://worms2d.info/Custom_team_grave

Also, something very important I should add: the Steam version of Worms Armageddon removed some speech banks and flags. To restore them to the Steam version, follow this quick guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156231406

shrinky dinks

Elija2

Can I make a sound bank where each sound effect is just an hour-long high-pitched note?

jkid101094

Pretty sure it can't be over three seconds long.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Well fuck this game and everything it stands for.

Chimmy Chonga

I don't think there's a limit on the length of the sound clips, and I damn well know some of the official sound banks have voice clips that exceed three seconds. :S

Either way, if you made that speechbank, I wouldn't download it. My hearing is too sensitive for that shish.

shrinky dinks

jkid101094

Quote from: Stachekip on November 11, 2014, 03:16:53 PM
I damn well know some of the official sound banks have voice clips that exceed three seconds. :S
The rule must be exclusive to Clan Wars then. I remember reading about it but I couldn't recall which game it was for.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I made my own sound board/flag/grave/fanfare so if one of y'all want to add it to the Dropbox that would be great.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/578987/-s-Super-Awesome-Mod-zip.html

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Thank you. I spent hours making that shit.

jkid101094

Don't download my gravestone. I can't get it to work properly.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

So is this thread just for worms or mods in general?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Mods in general, and thank you.

I updated the Dropbox. Jon ported over a soundbank from Worms Revolution and I ported a relevant Gravestone and flag over from Hedgewars.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Try it. And while you're at it, update my old grave with this one.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

The deeds are done.

I have no idea how the hell you fixed it but thank you very much.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Chimmy Chonga

The Dropbox has been updated again! Stuff was added, UPDATE YO SHIT!

shrinky dinks

jkid101094

More specifically a Left 4 Dead themed victory fanfare, flag and gravestone were added.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Hey, I updated some of my sound clips and my flag (it should work now). Put 'er in.

jkid101094

Did you make sure they worked correctly?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Yes.

Also literally a week after the Steam sale there's another Worms Humble Bundle. Fuck Team 17. But I guess on the plus side cheap people like Haku have no excuse not to get the games now.

jkid101094

Welp. Looks like I'm paying another $6.

Wind is getting a free copy of Worms Armageddon and Worms Ultimate Mayhem from me by force.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 13, 2014, 09:31:27 AM
Welp. Looks like I'm paying another $6.

Wind is getting a free copy of Worms Armageddon and Worms Ultimate Mayhem from me by force.

Those games are in the $1 tier.

jkid101094

He can't spare the money. Besides, I ended up keeping WUM because it came with the DLC, so he only has Armageddon.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Why are you paying for the $6 tier then? If it's to get Revolution, have fun playing it by yourself.

And shit, it comes with the Ultimate Mayhem DLC? Now I gotta convince myself not to spent $1 on DLC for a game we'll rarely play. Ah fuck it, I bought the Resident Evil 6 DLC for more than that.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on November 13, 2014, 10:16:53 AM
Why are you paying for the $6 tier then? If it's to get Revolution, have fun playing it by yourself.
It's to get a legit copy of Clan Wars and Revolution which I promised myself I'd buy after pirating them. When I get a better computer that can actually run them I'll have more than enough fun without you.

Quote from: Elija2 on November 13, 2014, 10:16:53 AM
And shit, it comes with the Ultimate Mayhem DLC? Now I gotta convince myself not to spent $1 on DLC for a game we'll rarely play. Ah fuck it, I bought the Resident Evil 6 DLC for more than that.
The version in the bundle is the Deluxe edition which I assume houses at the very least some DLC.

Not to mention the $6 tier gets you all the Alien Breed games which is required to unlock Loyalty Items in UM.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 13, 2014, 10:21:43 AM
When I get a better computer that can actually run them I'll have more than enough fun without you.

But by then Worms 2025 will be out!

Also Clan Wars is in the $15 tier and I know you don't have that kind of money. It comes with 3 extra copies to give to friends and I know you won't resist giving me one.

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 13, 2014, 10:21:43 AM
The version in the bundle is the Deluxe edition which I assume houses at the very least some DLC.

Not to mention the $6 tier gets you all the Alien Breed games which is required to unlock Loyalty Items in UM.

Yeah, it does come with all the DLC, but it's just 5 new maps and some more customization options. Probably not worth it unless someone else like Stachekip also has it.

I don't know what Loyalty Items are but they're probably dumb.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on November 13, 2014, 10:29:56 AM
Yeah, it does come with all the DLC, but it's just 5 new maps and some more customization options. Probably not worth it unless someone else like Stachekip also has it.
As someone who enjoys single player and local vs. it's more than enough for me.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Yeah, we all know how much you love playing with yourself.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

FYI, Revolution doesn't let you customize your team with your own shit (sound banks, flags, etc.) so there goes half the fun!

jkid101094

Clan Wars does though. Besides I can just replace things in Revolution if I really care.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 13, 2014, 11:34:40 AM
Clan Wars does though. Besides I can just replace things in Revolution if I really care.

I don't think it's that easy to replace the sound in Revolution.

Also you can't even run Clan BORES.

jkid101094

Who cares about ease? If it can be done than that's good enough.

My computer can also run Clan Wars, Eli. It just lags a bit.

Also I mistook Reloaded for Clan Wars somehow. If anyone plans on getting the four copies from the $15 tier I'd really appreciate one.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

Yes, actually. There's a level editor that was made for Worms 3D that also works for WUM. There's also a .xom editor that allows you to edit the models in the game.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Well that sounds like way more effort than I'd ever put into something.

jkid101094

Finally got off my lazy ass and posted your stuff to the dropbox.

I'll have to update some of my stuff too.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Let me know how inferior Reloaded and Revolution are to Armageddon.

jkid101094

So Eli and I are going to try to pitch in extra money to get the 4-pack of Clan Wars from the Humble Bundle.

We need $9.00 which split between four people would be $2.25 each. Since everyone that pitches in would get a copy of the game that means you'd be getting it even cheaper than Armageddon was during last weekends Steam sale which is one hell of a bargain.

Of course since I'll have effectively pitched in $9.00 myself I feel I'm entitled to that copy of Flockers. :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 14, 2014, 08:54:55 PM
Of course since I'll have effectively pitched in $9.00 myself I feel I'm entitled to that copy of Flockers. :P

But 3/4 of that will be with other people's money.

You probably can't even run Flockers anyway.

jkid101094

You're right. I should gift it and then sell it over the internet when the sale expires!

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

That's smart. I bet you'll even be able to get all your money back!

jkid101094

I got the OK from mom to do this so we're all good.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Too bad nobody else is interested.

Also do you think you could send me the APK for Worms 2?

jkid101094

We could pay double. Jon is willing to take a copy from the four-pack, though. He just can't afford it in time.

I'll get on that when I feel like it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Well who the hell wouldn't be willing to take something for free?

Do you think Kyo would be interested?

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on November 15, 2014, 12:09:47 PM
Well who the hell wouldn't be willing to take something for free?
...me...?

Quote from: Elija2 on November 15, 2014, 12:09:47 PM
Do you think Kyo would be interested?
He doesn't live in the US so he'd have to pay an extra fee to transfer the money.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 15, 2014, 12:13:40 PM
He doesn't live in the US so he'd have to pay an extra fee to transfer the money.

Neither do I but I'm pretty sure the fee will be microscopic since we're sending such a small amount.

jkid101094

He's not even on the internet, though.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Well then I guess we're screwed forever.

By the way, can you do me a favour and check the activity in the online lobbies for Reloaded and Revolution? I want to know beforehand if I can ever expect to get into an online game without you guys.

jkid101094

I asked on GoW. Let's see if anyone there cares first.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

If you're planning on putting in $6 then wait. We might find two other people to pitch in.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I was asking you to check and see how many people are playing Reloaded/Revolution online because if they have a dead online community then Clan Wars is surely dead too.

jkid101094

You should ask Jon's friend considering he already owns Clan Wars.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

Is it really that hard to ask Jon to talk to his friend over Steam?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 15, 2014, 01:51:08 PM
Is it really that hard to ask Jon to talk to his friend over Steam?

Yeah, I have crippling shyness.

jkid101094

Bullshit, you lazy bastard.

Anyway I tried running Worms Revolution on Irene and everything was fine until she got too warm and shut down.

If Clan Wars is more demanding (which it seems to be) I wouldn't be able to play it until I got a better computer. I wish you could upgrade laptops.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Clan Wars has a setting to turn off the 3D backgrounds. Does Revolution have that?

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Well I don't know if that will be enough to stop the overheating. Have you tried turning down the graphics settings (AA, resolution, etc.)?

jkid101094

As much as I could. Didn't know the resolution helped though. Should I Window it then?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

No, it will run better if you keep it fullscreen but with a lower resolution. That's only if your CPU is the bottleneck though.

jkid101094

Jon has agreed to pay for two people. Give me your emails so I can get the money on my Paypal account.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I'm pretty sure I need your email to send you the money.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Chimmy Chonga

I've contributed $4.50

I can confirm that you can just give Jkid your email to send him the moneys.

shrinky dinks

jkid101094

FUCK PAYPAL. WHAT THE HELL.

I am so fucking done with this thing right now. Eli this was a stupid idea. Why didn't you do research before suggesting it?

First of all, yeah, you guys sent me money, but I don't get it until 21 DAYS after I confirm it so that right there fucks our plan in the ass.

Secondly I can't give you the money back. See if you can cancel your orders or something. I can't stand the idea that I've essentially stolen my friend's money.

Lastly my mom went to go put $10 on my card which is more than enough to cover what we need so I'll be paying for the entire thing assuming you can get your cash back. Fuck Paypal, it was a waste of time.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Nothing to see here folks, just jkid overreacting as per usual.

Hakudamashi

Fuck Paypal, that shit never worked for me.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Managed to get this game running at an OK speed during matches. It's not perfect but Irene doesn't die when I play it. Dunno how it'll hold up online, though.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 15, 2014, 08:19:30 PM
Managed to get this game running at an OK speed during matches. It's not perfect but Irene doesn't die when I play it. Dunno how it'll hold up online, though.

That's weird because the framerate totally sucks for me and changing the settings does nothing to increase/decrease it. I'm gonna take a guess and say that this game is poorly optimized.

Also the online lobbies are empty, just as I suspected.

Elija2

Haku, you need to play with us some time.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on November 11, 2014, 09:29:50 AM
Well good job dumbo, you can't even make a shitty flag right.

dude mario kart wii is a fun game to play you obviously hate nintendo games even super smash bros series

Elija2

Quote from: truegamer123 on August 06, 2015, 07:19:22 AM
dude mario kart wii is a fun game to play you obviously hate nintendo games even super smash bros series

...what?