Tina
0 (0%)
Witch Princess
2 (66.7%)
Yuri
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Hakudamashi

People don't just travel for the fuck of it if that's what you're asking.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on March 24, 2015, 12:41:50 PM
People don't just travel for the fuck of it if that's what you're asking.

Does every game with a black character in America need to explain how their ancestors wound up there?

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 24, 2015, 12:42:51 PM
Why does it even matter?

Because diversity is good?

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on March 24, 2015, 12:55:49 PM
Because diversity is good?
The characters are diverse enough as is. If all you're going by is looks then it's no wonder you don't enjoy the games.

By the way, I have a date with Iroha to watch the Starry Sky festival together. She's going to win my heart before I even SEE the Witch Princess at this rate.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 24, 2015, 01:07:36 PM
The characters are diverse enough as is. If all you're going by is looks then it's no wonder you don't enjoy the games.

Racial diversity is important, too.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on March 24, 2015, 12:55:49 PM
Does every game with a black character in America need to explain how their ancestors wound up there?
Unless said game is stationed in modern America, they actually do, for the most part.
Cause nowadays it's common knowledge that many people migrate to America making it the diverse country it is now.
Otherwise, more often than not, yes they do some explaining for mixed races in a particular town, I know for a fact JRPGs in particular do it.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on March 24, 2015, 01:13:17 PM
Racial diversity is important, too.
Only to people that think race matters.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on March 24, 2015, 01:14:05 PM
Unless said game is stationed in modern America, they actually do, for the most part.
Cause nowadays it's common knowledge that many people migrate to America making it the diverse country it is now.
Otherwise, more often than not, yes they do some explaining for mixed races in a particular town, I know for a fact JRPGs in particular do it.

So videogames need to explain how non-white races found their way to the fictional town of Make-Believe? Witches and monsters need no explanation, but a black person does?

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 24, 2015, 01:14:49 PM
Only to people that think race matters.

Equal representation among different races matters.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on March 24, 2015, 01:22:43 PM
So videogames need to explain how non-white races found their way to the fictional town of Make-Believe? Witches and monsters need no explanation, but a black person does?
It's not needed, but it helps in making a believable world.
A witch simply means magic exists in this world, race and ethnicity is a different issue entirely.
In any society, due to the environment and climate, everyone living in a certain area are going to have similar features, that's how adaptation works. The only way for someone who looks different to be apart of their society is through immigration, that's just how nature works.
Nobody, not even the filthy rich are going to move from their homes to somewhere else just for the fuck of it. It has to either be a capital society with plenty of jobs, or has a big tourist attraction, something to draw people in.
But in Harvest Moon, it's just a small simple farm town, what reason is there for people to move there? So of course most of it's residents are going to look similar
Why white skin? Cause the town has a cold climate.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 24, 2015, 01:30:04 PM
Not in this case.

Well in this case your wrong.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on March 24, 2015, 01:36:37 PM
It's not needed, but it helps in making a believable world.
A witch simply means magic exists in this world, race and ethnicity is a different issue entirely.
In any society, due to the environment and climate, everyone living in a certain area are going to have similar features, that's how adaptation works. The only way for someone who looks different to be apart of their society is through immigration, that's just how nature works.
Nobody, not even the filthy rich are going to move from their homes to somewhere else just for the fuck of it. It has to either be a capital society with plenty of jobs, or has a big tourist attraction, something to draw people in.
But in Harvest Moon, it's just a small simple farm town, what reason is there for people to move there? So of course most of it's residents are going to look similar
Why white skin? Cause the town has a cold climate.

So you're willing to suspend your disbelief when it comes to witches and magic, but when it comes to black people living in a small farm town you need a good explanation for that? You do know that everything in the game is made up, don't you?

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on March 24, 2015, 01:43:16 PM
Well in this case your wrong.
Really? I didn't know you made the laws of everything.

But just to show you what a shit eater your are let me show you an image of the most important (and most attractive) character in the game:

Please go eat a dick.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on March 24, 2015, 01:43:16 PM
So you're willing to suspend your disbelief when it comes to witches and magic, but when it comes to black people living in a small farm town you need a good explanation for that? You do know that everything in the game is made up, don't you?
Never said I needed it, I'm simply answering your inquiry.
Personally, I appreciate it as it makes a more believable world and makes it known which places holds the power.

You're free to call the game racist if you'd like.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay