Main Menu

E3 2015

Started by TheGameNinja, May 31, 2015, 04:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on June 15, 2015, 01:43:46 PM
Aeisha Tyler's pronunciation was on point.

The way she pronounced Genevieve Forget was pretty rad.

TheGameNinja

I went out of town to see the Sony conference in a movie theater so I missed Ubisoft. But Sony was amazing. Best conference so far. Not everything was exclusive to Sony, or at least won't stay exclusive forever, but The Last Guardian alone set the bar high even before the FFVII Remake reveal. Nothing in the show I thought was bad even though I'm not really interested in CoD. Even the TV thing they announced was interesting with a la carte channels. Wish we could have seen Kingdom Hearts, but SquareEnix still has their show.

Hakudamashi

How loud did it get for FFVII, Shenmue, and Last Guardian?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Hakudamashi on June 16, 2015, 04:37:21 AM
How loud did it get for FFVII, Shenmue, and Last Guardian?
Last Guardian and Shenmue got gasps and applause but people were screaming when they recognized Midgar

jkid101094

Nintendo's conference was pretty weak. Guess it just goes to show what they think of E3 these days. Everything we saw was either an old announcement or a spin-off. Guess they're saving the big news for individual Nintendo Directs.

Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam was easily the highlight for me. Other than that they've successfully sold me on Happy Home designer. Costume Mario is also cool but I wish we saw more of it. Other than AC Party and Mario Tennis, though, nothing else really interested me. I expected more from Nintendo. *sigh* 

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Sony Conference

The Last Guardian
Final Fantasy VII remake
Shenmue III
Sony won.

Verdict: 5 sailors out of 5

Nintendo Conference

Starfox looked neat. Being able to transform into different vehicles at any time is cool, plus Platinum are developing the campaign so it should be fun, although the graphics look kinda meh.
Triforce Heroes looked kinda cool too. Four Swords Anniversary was kinda meh but this one looks better than that.
Happy Home Designer still looks meh, but being able to design someone's yard is pretty neat.
New Animal Crossing...board game? Okay, first of all, fuck you for getting my hopes up, Nintendo. Second of all, the board game doesn't even look that fun. There doesn't seem to be any minigames like Mario Party and there's still no online! Third of all, you really gonna make us buy amiibos to play this game? And it's still a full retail title that we have to pay for? Piss off.
New Metroid...uhh...co-op shooter? I...really don't know what to make of this. I hope it's good.
That new Mario RPG looked interesting, but the past few Mario RPGs haven't been too good so I'm keeping my expectations in check.
Mario Tennis? Meh.
And...that was it? They barely showed anything new, especially for the Wii U which is even worse because they're the only ones still developing games for the thing! What a disappointment.
Buy Amiibos.

Verdict: 3 overpriced DLCs out of 5

Square Enix Conference

Just Cause 3 looked like fun, naturally.
Tomb Raider reboot still looks lame.
Kingdom Hearts 3 looked nice too, I guess.
Is it bad that I don't care about any of the JRPGs?

Verdict: 3 belt buckles out of 5

Hakudamashi

E3 is dead
Fuck everything.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Shenmue III alone made this E3 great to me.

jkid101094

So no one watched the PC Gaming Show or whatever it was?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 16, 2015, 01:56:35 PM
So no one watched the PC Gaming Show or whatever it was?

It's on right now.

Hakudamashi

It's a genuine talk show about PC gaming. The hardware and how it runs games, it's actually pretty neat.
They show gameplay and everything.
3 hours tho...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay