Main Menu

Mafia

Started by Gamerdude, December 07, 2009, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamerdude

It was jsut a normal day in the Sonic Zone till there was a gunshot. Everyone ran to the site where the gunshot was heard only to find Gamerdude dead on the floor with a bullet in his head. (lucky me...)  A note was found in his hand we his body was searched.

"The mafia is here. The end is at hand."

This is the game of mafia. You may not know this, but (x) of the members here are actually part of the mafia out to kill us all! Every night, they make a victim, every day, we lynch a member, hoping to defeat the mafia!w
I got this idea from another forum and loved playing it so I decided to share the fun.  ;D

The game has three phases.

DAY: Everyone votes to decide who is lynched, you can change your vote anytime and discuss as you wish. If no majority is reached for a whole 21 days (that depends if i feel like waiting that long), the one with the most votes gets lynched! Once a majority is reached, we go to...

TWILIGHT: Werewolves and vampire fight for the heart of a teenage girl. NOT!
Twilight is a 24 hour period during which the governor can revoke a lynching. More on this later. Note that if there is no governor, we go directly to...

NIGHT: During this time, the mafia makes their move, and all other power roles do the same. Making your move is basically sending me a PM defining how you use your power for the night.

At the beginning of the game, I will PM all of you a role (many of you can have the same role) The possible roles are the following

TOWN ALIGNED ROLES

Townie: You're an average Joe, all you can do is vote and discuss during the day. Sucks to be you.

Cop: Every night, you can PM me the name of one other player and I will tell you weither he is mafia or townie aligned.

Tracker: Every night, you may stalk someone. You will know who that person targetted for the night.

Watcher: Every night, you may watch over someone. You will know who targetted that person for the night.

Doctor: You can choose to protect a player every night during the game. Every night, you PM me the name and that player is immune to death for the night.
You can't target the same person twice in a row.

CPR Doctor: You MAY choose to cast your protection on a player every night. If he dies, you resurrect him, if he doesn't, you kill him, lucky...

Vigilante: Once during the game, you can decide to coldheartedly shoot someone during the night, fun stuff.

Paranoid Gun Owner: Every night, if you are targetted by another player's action, no matter what the action is, that player dies. Note that his action still occurs (so if a mafia shoots you, you both die)

Bomb: You have a very... fragile complexion. THat is, if you are night-killed or lynched, the last vote/killer who targetted you will die too as you'll explode in shrapels of very sharp flesh.

Governor: Every time someone is due to be lynched, you may revoke his lynching, in which case nobody dies! You have to do this publicly, so if you revoke, everyone will know you're the governor, be careful, mafia members hate governors!

Lovers: Lovers are a pair that care deeply for each other. When one dies, the other automatically dies from sorrow. Note that lovers cannot vote agaisnt each other. Sometimes the lovers are a mafia and town player. In that case, their goal is to have everyone killed except themselves.

All of you guys win if the mafia is defeated!

MAFIA SIDE

Goon: Every night, you and your goon buddies decide to shoot someone. You must PM me which of you will be killing the target (for effects like the PGO or Prostitute) . You may (and must) communicate with your fellow mafia members to decide who to kill and who kills that person.

Godfather: You're pretty much a goon, but if a Cop investigates you, he'll think you're innocent, clever you! In case your goons are disagreeing about who to kill, you get the final say on who dies and who does the kill.

Note that more roles can be mafia-aligned (trackers or doctors, to name a few)

You win if all town side are dead!

THIRD PARTY SIDE

Serial Killer: You are a lone killer without allegiance. You kill once per night, and your goal is to be the sole survivor. Usually I won't allow you to forgo your night kill.

Arsonist: You are a maniac! Every night, you put gasoline on someone (they dont notice, they have poor hygiene). Anytime during the game, you can yell KABOOM! and everyone you've gasolined since the start of the game will explode in fleshy goodness.

Prostitute: Every night you may spend some time with any other player, effectively disabling their ability for the night. You can't target the same person twice in a row.

Your goal is to stay alive. Since everyone loves the slut she wins as long as she(or he :P) doesnt die. The arsonist however, must be the sole survivor to win!

I may add more types of roles later, depending on how fell this gos

All communication regarding use of powers must be sent to me via PM. Posts in the topic are for discussing the lynching. No posting is allowed during the night and no voting is allowed during twilight. If you are unusre about anything within your role, you can PM me.

IT is STRICTLY prohibited to communicate with each other by PM or otherwise unless allowed by your role during night. If I somehow find out you've been doing that, you will be godkilled by me.

RULES

[01] Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.

[02] Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I'd appreciate it.

[03] Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. Feel free to post in twilight, though.

[04] You may vote: no lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.

[05] I am cool.

[06] see rule 5

[07] The game is not to be discussed outside the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.

[08] Once your death scene has been posted, you're dead. Stop typing. A "Bah!" post is allowable, but no more please.

[09] No small or invisible text. Don't edit/delete previously submitted posts either.

[10] Don't quote any PMs from me. If you do, I will be most unhappy, you don't want to make me mad...

[11] Wearing your pants on your head is prohibited unless they are clean.

[12] If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you. If you do not submit a choice to me then nothing will happen... at all.. not even a little bit.

[13] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 3 days, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don't leave us hanging.

[14] I am new to this, if I make a mistake please PM me I will rectify the mistake as soon as I can.

[15] Remember, it's a game and it's supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players (and me).

Quote from: Dracoslythe
                                              MSN: 
                               All the cool shit happens thur.
jkid loves you, GD. :3
HERE'S A BIG FUCKING HUG FROM KAY, GD.  CCCC:

Shadow26

Nightshade the hedgehog

once made by killer ,redone by supersonic196 ,thanx guys :)
yes i am,thanx firestar :)
thanks mikey thanks ecco
fan of ashura ,made by teh shadicz ,thanks for it :)

Gleech

I'll join in! :D

Oh, and I don't care what role I get. I know I dont pick, myself, but I dont want you to think that because I'm a mod I should get a specific part. I'm good at playing both side >: D

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

Jordan teh Echidna

Lol i've never heard what a mafia is xD

wut is it?
Pesterchum = sirJayden

Gleech

Well, it depends, kinda.

There were two mafias, Italian and Russian (Italian was the best in my opinion. I have a guy in CoV who owns his own Mafia :P), basically they were a group of criminals.

I dont know if its just to make them sound cool, or look cool, but people say they wear like, business suits and stuff, a hat, and a tommy gun.

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

Gamerdude

1.Shadow26
2.shiner
3.Gleech
we don't have to fill up the whole list, but it would be nice to have more people to play this to get the most fun out of it.

MSN: 

HereAndThere

Quote from: Gamerdude on December 08, 2009, 04:49:30 PM
1.Shadow26
2.shiner
3.Gleech
we don't have to fill up the whole list, but it would be nice to have more people to play this to get the most fun out of it.
MEEEE!!!! PICK ME!!!!

Gamerdude

MSN: 

Mystic

Picky wicky.

Make me on the list "MysticTH"

jkid101094

WOOOOOOOOOT! Beat it by five days. :P
*joins*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.