Article: SEGA going back to hardware?!

Started by Gilly, October 06, 2008, 01:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Empra

They could try but if the console fails they will lose a huge amount of money which means it could kill them. I don't think its worth the risk.

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

rivaldragonic

Yeah, although I don't think Sega is making all that much money atm seeing as their only income is through Sonic/Phantasy Star/Super Monkey ball/Arcade Machines really. They wouldn't be able to make a console that could compete with the Wii/360/PS3 tbh.

http://i39.tinypic.com/24x15yv.jpg
The Super Sonic Sig Maker

"I'm here to kick ass and drink cups of tea....and I'm all out of tea."

Hyper Sonic 12

Quote from: ultrashadow on October 22, 2008, 08:04:41 AM
lol, or it's online tv and u don't need either of those
yea i think its online tv

SlashXVI

I think SEGA would make pretty good hardware now, since they improved and all.

THANKS JET!

NeoMetalSonic

This looks cool! But well, not saying I am willing to buy this. But if my iPod breaks and people say this is good. I would seriously consider buying this.

Jackle the hedgehog

well... that sucks like a whore for $9000  a minute...

Supersonic274

If its just a cheap Chinese "phone" that they are too lazy to make it, I don't think they should go back into the hardware business. I have never owned a SEGA console but I don't want their new "hardware" if they can't make it and its no better than a laggy fangame. I'll buy their new hardware when its like what they used to be, like with the SEGA Dreamcast.

skyrus5150

i think sega isnt going to get back into hardware yet it might take some time for it to figure out wat sort of gizmo to make

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

sonicwillneverdie

if sega decided to have a new console they would have a big chance of going bankrupt cause they cant match up to the other companies
fgfdgfdgfdhgjhjkhjkhjjghjgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

chet

Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

Crazy_mofo213

Quote from: annoyinglad on December 09, 2008, 03:58:39 PM
Well, they certainly have the ability to actually come right back next the Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, but the big question is... Do you guys think its smart for them to take this risk? Right now at least... I personally think that they should, but only once it contains little risk to do so. Anyone else have some input?

I honestly believe SEGA shouldn't jump in, at least for right now. I don't think they would stand a chance entering and going agaisnt Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony. They should wait a bit and if there is little risk join next gen otherwise they may end up losing a lot of money if thier console fails.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Quote from: NiGHTMaRE on October 06, 2008, 01:19:14 PM
I was reading this today....
It'd be really interesting to see a rise of sega again in the hardware buisness but... my question would be that isn't Sonic currently now licensed by Nintendo?? I wonder if sonic would have any games for the new systems in the future

"After losing the hardware competition to guys like Sony and Nintendo, Sega fell back into the role of just a software developer, focusing its energies on creating new Sonic the Hedgehog games. Well, it seems that Sega is no longer satisfied with just the software end of things anymore, because the Game Gear and Genesis maker is jumping back into hardware.

No, Sega is not re-entering the home console market just yet, but it is expressing serious interest in the emerging portable entertainment market currently populated by devices like the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS. That said, the new Sega Vision is not a dedicated game machine. Instead, it functions more like a PMP, offering portable TV, movie watching, music playing, and an eBook reader.

The Sega Vision does have games, but it's not in the same league as a DS or PSP title. Instead, you get rudimentary Java-based games that probably aren't much better than what you get on a cell phone. Worse yet, Sega isn't even making the Sega Vision itself, instead rebranding some crappy Chinese MP4 player as its own."

Source: http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/337/C16323/

SEGA DREAMCAST 2!? now that would be EPIC WIN!
because look at the DC's fanbase, LOOK AT IT!
its dead but its fanbase is freaking HUGE!
HUGE I SAY HUGE! well this might be a sign
or it might not. ONLY TIME WILL TELL! lols DC2
but they could make sonic games for that thingy
too, it looks neat. lets hope they do make a DC2
or atleast this thing sells well.

Kristomaster

If they are going to succeed they have to make a new console, not a cellphone like thingy!
What would SEGA be without Sonic? I don't know XP
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Kristomaster on March 28, 2009, 09:37:09 PM
If they are going to succeed they have to make a new console, not a cellphone like thingy!
Thats really up to SEGA now isn't it :P
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Sonic Boom

Ever since they blew their money off on the SEGA Saturn...SEGA has never made another console after the Dreamcast! Sonic is at rock bottom (people say) so why would they bring out another console if they were drowning in debt?!? The video below explains the downturn of Sonic and the consoles they had!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbu4TEE1_pE&feature=PlayList&p=51B262B3106278C5&index=3