Read This Article and Then Let's Talk About It.

Started by jkid101094, April 05, 2012, 04:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

http://www.cracked.com/article_18571_5-reasons-its-still-not-cool-to-admit-youre-gamer.html

My main concern is #1, so make sure you give that one a good read. I know quite a few people that fit the criteria.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

all of that is true, aside from the story telling. :l

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 05, 2012, 04:55:47 AM
all of that is true, aside from the story telling. :l
Well look at when the article was written and the games he was looking at. As much as I love GTA you have to admit games like it focus a little bit less on the story and more on the, "pow pow, bang bang, head exploding goodness".

But it makes sense why he didn't look at something like Heavy Rain or 999. That simply don't sell as well and are not as well known as MW or Halo. When non-gamers think of us, that's what they see. They think Video Games = Blood and gore shooters. Not interactive movies.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 05, 2012, 05:40:12 AM
Well look at when the article was written and the games he was looking at. As much as I love GTA you have to admit games like it focus a little bit less on the story and more on the, "pow pow, bang bang, head exploding goodness".

But it makes sense why he didn't look at something like Heavy Rain or 999. That simply don't sell as well and are not as well known as MW or Halo. When non-gamers think of us, that's what they see. They think Video Games = Blood and gore shooters. Not interactive movies.

Even with the examples he took, halo's plot definitely is way, way, way deeper than any b-movie ever wishes to be.
infact, all of the examples he took are way above b-movie level. Aside from the Modern Warfare-Titles.

But thats not even my main problem; why doesnt anyone complain about the majority of movies that do just that with no plot at all?
Because thats all most movies are nowdays, pew pew boom boom shiny cgi and 3D effects.

Mikey

>goes to read
>forgets about thread, comes back hours later
darn you cracked.

jkid101094

Quote from: MikeyLevi on April 05, 2012, 07:39:53 AM
>goes to read
>forgets about thread, comes back hours later
darn you cracked.
Today I learned to love that site.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Today I learned that some people still haven't heard about Cracked.com.

Hakudamashi

OMG, someone shares my whole view on the females in video games thing
Y'know what else this applies to? Pretty much everything else, anime especially

I'm ok with having sexy women with huge tits, but please guys, make her likeable, and actually appear competent in whatever she's doing =/
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay