Shingeki no Kyoujin... Only the greatest Anime ever.

Started by shadowDOESrock, April 12, 2013, 07:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meme Master Flex

Okay so, I have to say this now.

I'm sorry I ever said anything bad about this animu.

It's so goooood.

Wolfy

Quote from: Nazo on August 03, 2013, 03:18:47 AM
Okay so, I have to say this now.

I'm sorry I ever said anything bad about this animu.

It's so goooood.
Wait what, I never heard you say anything bad about it :c

also you really need to describe it by means other than "so goooood"

I don't watch a lot of anime, the only ones I've actually watched all the way/kept up to date with are Naruto, Bleach, Sword Art Online, and of course Attack on Titan. To be quite honest, it's for real the best anime i've ever watched and I'm filled with anticipation like hell for the next episode.

shadowDOESrock

The Autor of the Manga recently mentioned that he doesnt want to "drag on" Attack on Titan and aims to finish it by Volume 20.
Recently Volume 11 came out.

The current Anime Series holds about 6 volumes.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

After consulting all my friends who talk about it a lot, I decided to give this anime another go yesterday. I'm happy I did.

What I like is the soundtrack first of all, it kicks soo much ass. The animation and character designs creeped me out at first, but they grew on me around ep.5. I also really like how they've captured the feeling of desperation and powerlessness that should be around when a species is on the brink of extinction that some other fictional material tend to take lightly.

What I didn't like is the over exaggeration of some scenes like Armin doing the salute to plead Eren's case, the Titans still creep me out, but I guess that's the point, and the inconsistency of the intelligence of the Titans, sometimes they're smart enough to jump and catch them while they're in the air, or to just outright grab them by their "rope" and stop their mobility, but other times they just stand there idly and just wait for someone to slice their neck... I also don't like Eren constantly telling Mikasa to fuck off. And Mikasa cut her hair =(

But all in all, I think it's a good show, not in my top 10, but still a good show.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 07, 2013, 04:33:44 AM
After consulting all my friends who talk about it a lot, I decided to give this anime another go yesterday. I'm happy I did.

What I like is the soundtrack first of all, it kicks soo much ass. The animation and character designs creeped me out at first, but they grew on me around ep.5. I also really like how they've captured the feeling of desperation and powerlessness that should be around when a species is on the brink of extinction that some other fictional material tend to take lightly.

What I didn't like is the over exaggeration of some scenes like Armin doing the salute to plead Eren's case, the Titans still creep me out, but I guess that's the point, and the inconsistency of the intelligence of the Titans, sometimes they're smart enough to jump and catch them while they're in the air, or to just outright grab them by their "rope" and stop their mobility, but other times they just stand there idly and just wait for someone to slice their neck... I also don't like Eren constantly telling Mikasa to fuck off. And Mikasa cut her hair =(

But all in all, I think it's a good show, not in my top 10, but still a good show.

I removed the spoiler, since we don't have a spoiler tag. ^^
Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Hakudamashi

So Kyo, that makes 2 of your anime recommendations I've watched, have you watched Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood yet?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Finally finished the first season yesterday, and this is a damn good show. May not be in my personal top 10 list, but I can see what all the hype is about.
My favourite characters so far have to be Mikasa, Armin and Levi.
Mikasa, cause I find it interesting how she can shift her Persona on the drop of a hat. One minute she's a normal woman, then she's a submissive shy girl, now she's a psychopathic murder junkie.

Armin, cause I like how they took the "wimp" character, and turned him into the most essential member of the group, nothing would get done without this guy. And I like that he made the jump from "ermagawd noone needs me" into confident badass relatively quickly.

Levi, cause he may look like an uncaring jerk who only cares for the mission and could give fuck-all about anyone else, but he isn't, he's really a nice guy =).

But I'm not liking Eren...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

The set ending that was going to happen at Volume 20 is now gone.

The Autor of the Manga said in an interview that the set ending is now gone and he has no idea how he's going to end it.
As reason he cites the incredible popularity of the anime and love for the characters from the Fans.
The ending would've only upsetted the fans of the anime, he says.

The original ending was supposed to be one of the bittersweet kind, where everyone was going die. He specifically called out the Hollywood movie 'Mist' as inspiration.

Hakudamashi

Pussy ass fgt, grow some balls
Dragging out the anime to secure a "happier ending the fans may like" is just begging to f*ck things up.

Let things end.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 16, 2013, 01:31:22 PM
Pussy ass fgt, grow some balls
Dragging out the anime to secure a "happier ending the fans may like" is just begging to f*ck things up.

Let things end.

Manga*
He doesnt want to drag it out, just give everyone more justified arcs and ultimately endings.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 17, 2013, 06:10:03 AM
just give everyone more justified arcs and ultimately endings.
You're gonna have to explain that to me.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Wolfy

on the other hand why don't they give us that damned OVA already?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Wolfy on December 17, 2013, 12:46:25 PM
on the other hand why don't they give us that damned OVA already?

Its out since two days.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 17, 2013, 06:23:15 AM
You're gonna have to explain that to me.

Err...
Umm...

'Metal Gear Solid IV'