Show us your desktop

Started by Triple S3, June 06, 2009, 03:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Jazz Nova on September 26, 2010, 12:01:58 PM
Sarcasm?
If so, it's efficient for me b/c I've had it up top for so long...

That's why you create a few folders and stick the shortcuts/icons into them on the desktop to maximize space! lol

Jazz Nova

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on September 26, 2010, 12:38:41 PM
That's why you create a few folders and stick the shortcuts/icons into them on the desktop to maximize space! lol
It's easier for me with all the icons in groups... that's what I did on my upstairs PC
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

shadowDOESrock

xSalashawty

Quote from: DarkKyoushu on September 27, 2010, 02:12:01 AM
what are you like ashamed because your playing Toontown?
No..
People think "oh its toontown shes playing a disney game! shes such a (insult here)!

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

Dracoslythe

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

RAGNA THE BLOODEDGE!!!

then I changed it to this...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: xSalashawty on September 27, 2010, 03:06:53 PM
No..
People think "oh its toontown shes playing a disney game! shes such a (insult here)!

just ignore them.

xSalashawty

You realize that its easy to get bullied at my school? It's that easy if someone finds this out that I'll be the girl-who-plays-games-on-the-inter-net

Click me.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: xSalashawty on September 28, 2010, 01:42:33 PM
You realize that its easy to get bullied at my school? It's that easy if someone finds this out that I'll be the girl-who-plays-games-on-the-inter-net
And, as someone who's been in, and still is in that situation...
I can try and offer some advice, but this is just my personal way of dealing with it...

Screw them.  A long time ago, I stopped caring what people thought of me because of what I liked to do in my free time.  I used to get ridiculed all the time for playing stepmania.  But I ignored them, and sometimes even played along with their little jokes, realizing that nobody is perfect, and now all the ones who ridiculed think it's pretty cool.
Same with more than just stepmania.  I used to watch anime in class during free time (I still do lmao).  Those who thought I was a freak for doing so eventually thought it looked pretty cool.  I've converted quite a few people to anime, even learned of some that I never heard of that I think is pretty cool now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...be yourself, and any bad situation can be turned around.  :3

But like I said...that's my personal way of dealing with it.  Everyone handles it in a different way.  If yours is to keep it hidden, I'm not saying go all out like "HEY LOOK I PLAY TOONTOWN."  But you never know who else does it too.  I've found out that quite a few of the "clique" aren't as mainstream as they thought (in fact, one of the more popular girls is actually a huge fan of Bleach.  Who would have thought?).  In fact, an anime song was played on our school news today (the segment was about how the art class was doing Japanese Origami Cranes)...I was the first to make a comment (cause I knew the song, lmao) and actually had a few people say something about how they knew it too, or about how they liked that song.

My school is pretty damn judgmental as well, so I feel your pain.  @-@

Jazz Nova

Quote from: Dracoslythe on September 28, 2010, 01:56:10 PM
And, as someone who's been in, and still is in that situation...
I can try and offer some advice, but this is just my personal way of dealing with it...

Screw them.  A long time ago, I stopped caring what people thought of me because of what I liked to do in my free time.  I used to get ridiculed all the time for playing stepmania.  But I ignored them, and sometimes even played along with their little jokes, realizing that nobody is perfect, and now all the ones who ridiculed think it's pretty cool.
Same with more than just stepmania.  I used to watch anime in class during free time (I still do lmao).  Those who thought I was a freak for doing so eventually thought it looked pretty cool.  I've converted quite a few people to anime, even learned of some that I never heard of that I think is pretty cool now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...be yourself, and any bad situation can be turned around.  :3

But like I said...that's my personal way of dealing with it.  Everyone handles it in a different way.  If yours is to keep it hidden, I'm not saying go all out like "HEY LOOK I PLAY TOONTOWN."  But you never know who else does it too.  I've found out that quite a few of the "clique" aren't as mainstream as they thought (in fact, one of the more popular girls is actually a huge fan of Bleach.  Who would have thought?).  In fact, an anime song was played on our school news today (the segment was about how the art class was doing Japanese Origami Cranes)...I was the first to make a comment (cause I knew the song, lmao) and actually had a few people say something about how they knew it too, or about how they liked that song.

My school is pretty damn judgmental as well, so I feel your pain.  @-@
My school may not have a bullying problem, but THAT happens all the time.
In Elementary school (6th grade), I brought Pokemon guidebooks to school. I would never dream of doing that my  middle school cuz some kids there would tease the hell out of me... Then I would get in trouble for getting them hurt. Middle School and up are biased towards certain things. Elementary school is when you learn to brush off the bullying b/c of what you like. The outcome depends on how YOU handle the situation.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Jazz Nova on September 28, 2010, 02:19:25 PM
My school may not have a bullying problem, but THAT happens all the time.
In Elementary school (6th grade), I brought Pokemon guidebooks to school. I would never dream of doing that my  middle school cuz some kids there would tease the hell out of me... Then I would get in trouble for getting them hurt. Middle School and up are biased towards certain things. Elementary school is when you learn to brush off the bullying b/c of what you like. The outcome depends on how YOU handle the situation.
Back in the day, we ALL brought Pokemon stuff to school. In fact, that's where I got my first Pokemon cards.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 28, 2010, 02:29:24 PM
Back in the day, we ALL brought Pokemon stuff to school. In fact, that's where I got my first Pokemon cards.
Pokemon was looked down on by my time...
I brought yu-gi-oh cards to school and traded them with friends at several risks.
1. Principal made trading cards illegal for some odd reason
2. looked down upon by kids (prolly cuz they had been outlaws since I was in kindergarten or 1st grade)

xSalashawty

Quote from: Jazz Nova on September 28, 2010, 02:37:17 PM
1. Principal made trading cards illegal for some odd reason
Wait.. ILLEAGAL? WHAT??!o_O

Click me.

Hakudamashi

Sure,I bother to waste my time postng my desktop,but instead of commenting on it,lets all talk about how life sucks instead >.>
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay