Main Menu

Let Me Give It A Go...

Started by SmashFinale, December 17, 2014, 01:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Have you played as Ryu in Smash?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: Elija2 on June 16, 2015, 07:52:55 PM
Which E3 conference was your favourite?
After giving it some thought, I would have to say Microsoft since whatever games they did showcase at least had release dates given to them. And the backwards compatibility thing is very nice for me. Nintendo's was lackluster and Sony's was extremely.... vague and Gigobyte brought up a great point about Shenmue 3. Why the hell do we need to fund it when Sony can do it perfectly fine? That was a missed opportunity on their part. PlayStation Vue... that had to be the only time TV at an E3 conference was great!

Quote from: Hakudamashi on June 17, 2015, 02:14:23 AM
Have you played as Ryu in Smash?
I have all DLC..... but my Wii U Gamepad is broken now.
... I can still play Smash U though with my gamepad. And Wiimote.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: SmashFinale on June 17, 2015, 03:38:09 PM
After giving it some thought, I would have to say Microsoft since whatever games they did showcase at least had release dates given to them. And the backwards compatibility thing is very nice for me. Nintendo's was lackluster and Sony's was extremely.... vague and Gigobyte brought up a great point about Shenmue 3. Why the hell do we need to fund it when Sony can do it perfectly fine? That was a missed opportunity on their part. PlayStation Vue... that had to be the only time TV at an E3 conference was great!

Sony are helping to fund and develop Shenmue III (that's why it's console exclusive to PS4), they just wanted to gauge interest first. The first two Shenmue games lost a ton of money and they didn't want to lose money on another one.

Any specific games you're excited about?

SmashFinale

Quote from: Elija2 on June 17, 2015, 03:54:19 PM
Sony are helping to fund and develop Shenmue III (that's why it's console exclusive to PS4), they just wanted to gauge interest first.
Fuck that shit! Nintendo didn't hesitate on Bayonetta 2 or Devil's Third and those are now truly exclusive. No PC port to be found. Smh. And the PlayStation 4 is selling enough to make back any losses that game could have gotten.

Quote from: Elija2 on June 17, 2015, 03:54:19 PM
Any specific games you're excited about?
Halo 5: Guardians, Star Fox: Zero, Gears of War 4, Dreams...into NiGHTS(couldn't resist making that pun)... DOOM... I guess..? Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam. (Also, Shantae Half Genie Hero was snuck in there, but that doesnt count)

And dammit wind, what the hell do you think?

Hakudamashi

I think you use too many words to answer a yes/no question.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

What are your thoughts on amiibos?

SmashFinale

To think that Activision went to Nintendo with rhe idea only to be declined seems like a bad move at first, but Nintendo in himdsight was both right and wrong for doing so. Right because console exclusive Spyro game would have damned Nintendo in the eyes of all Sony fans forever. Wrong for missing a big opportunity. Oh well. At least amiibos are used to function more than one game series.

Elija2

Old-school Spyro fans hate Skylanders either way.

And you think that Skylanders exclusivity would have been better for Nintendo than their own amiibos?

SmashFinale

Quote from: Elija2 on June 22, 2015, 11:35:56 AM
Old-school Spyro fans hate Skylanders either way.

And you think that Skylanders exclusivity would have been better for Nintendo than their own amiibos?
They would have to remove Spyro for it to have been accepted. I have played the first Skylanders game and the gameplay itself isn't bad at all. Can be quite enjoyable. Honestly, Skylanders would have been a killer app for the Wii U if Nintendo took the deal.

Elija2

Quote from: SmashFinale on June 25, 2015, 10:32:52 PM
They would have to remove Spyro for it to have been accepted. I have played the first Skylanders game and the gameplay itself isn't bad at all. Can be quite enjoyable. Honestly, Skylanders would have been a killer app for the Wii U if Nintendo took the deal.

I dunno, maybe it would have been a killer app on the original Wii but now there's Disney Infinity and soon Lego Dimensions that they have to compete with. Plus Nintendo would have to split the profits with Activision whereas they get to keep all Amiibo profits for themselves.

If you could add and remove one thing from Smash 4, what would they be?

SmashFinale

Quote from: Elija2 on June 26, 2015, 08:46:12 AM
Nintendo would have to split the profits with Activision whereas they get to keep all Amiibo profits for themselves.
Good point, there...
Quote from: Elija2 on June 26, 2015, 08:46:12 AM
If you could add and remove one thing from Smash 4, what would they be?
There are a lot of poor choices when it comes to items. The poorest would have to be the Boomerang item as it just seems so... unnecessary. So that would be removed. As for adding something in... a single player mode similar to SSE. That made Brawl's content so much more replayable.

Hakudamashi

The boomerang grows stronger everytime it's thrown, it can even kill at 50%
I love it.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

What retro Smash stage would you like them to bring back as DLC for Smash 4?

SmashFinale

Poké Floats or Fourside. Or Mushroom Kingdom 64! Or even Shadow Moses Island.