Giving up for Lent?

Started by Super Sonic Boom, February 18, 2010, 05:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Sonic Boom

As most people know, around sunset on Tuesday night...Lent started. This is the 40 days leading up to Easter Sunday. I am well aware that not everyone celebrates this tradition, but for the people that do, what will you try to give up this year?

Right now, I don't know what I will be trying to give up yet...but I have pleanty of time to think about it! ;)

NiGHTS

I gave up learning and homework for lent....

so far its going pretty good :3 lulz

Sonic360

I will give up my....my....my virginity rofl jk but I will try to give up some of my clothes to the homeless shelter

Jazz Nova

So you give up things for lent?
I will give up "being too lazy" to do my English HW
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: ice the fox on February 18, 2010, 03:12:00 PM
So you give up things for lent?
I will give up "being too lazy" to do my English HW

Giving up things is showing how Jesus went 40 days without food or water in a desert while being tempted by Satan to eat/drink (go back on your word).

Giving up procrastination isn't a bad idea, I may give it up and make it perminate for me...hehehe.

donotdrop

Jazz Nova

Quote from: donotdrop on March 24, 2010, 09:56:45 AM
cursing
Dude, this is a dead topic.
Can someone do something about this guy and TailsPrower98?

Soul Blade

samjar

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on February 18, 2010, 05:36:14 AM
As most people know, around sunset on Tuesday night...Lent started. This is the 40 days leading up to Easter Sunday. I am well aware that not everyone celebrates this tradition, but for the people that do, what will you try to give up this year?

Right now, I don't know what I will be trying to give up yet...but I have pleanty of time to think about it! ;)

i will give things to the poor

Jazz Nova

You all know lent was in Feb, right?