I Need 3D Modeling Help...

Started by jkid101094, August 10, 2013, 06:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Mikey is the only person I know with knowledge of this stuff but I'm hoping anyone that can help me tries.

The Story:

So I want to make a Mario Kart Wii mod, the first step of which is porting Sonic's model over Yoshi's. I figured this would be a piece of cake. Just rig a Sonic's Colors model to Yoshi's bones and be done with it, right?

WRONG.

I tried that but Yoshi's bones look like a chicken and wouldn't fit Sonic at all even after resizing, so I figured I'd use Mario's bones instead.

BUT NINTENDO WAS LIKE, "FUCK YOU JKID".

Mario's model has a severe case of chicken bones syndrome too. So then I tried making my own bones.

NOT HAPPENING.

I had no idea what I was doing and I abandoned the idea pretty quickly. I then tried porting Sonic's Colors model over his Brawl one.

NOT A CHANCE.

The bones didn't line up at all. Not even the fingers so I was like, "fuck it", deleted the Colors model and resized Sonic's alreaddy rigged Brawl model to be as big as Yoshi's. It seemed to go well enough so I imported it back into Brawlbox.

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sonic's bones had grew, sure, but his model was just as small as before. I couldn't believe this shit.

And let's not even start on how many times I imported and resized those models only to find that 3DS Max had removed some bones and faces.

I seriously had a toothless Wario on my hands once. DO YOU EVEN REALIZE HOW FUCKING TERRIFYING THAT IS? I'M GOING TO BE TRAUMATIZED FOR LIFE.

*pants loudly*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.