I MA3D A PLANETZORZ

Started by annoyinglad, September 14, 2009, 12:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

annoyinglad

Jet showed me a tutorial, so I tried it out, this is the results:

Here's when I threw it into a makeshift sig. It sucks and I spent one minute on it, but it's applied work...

blazerh44

Hey not bad! That looks like I could live there ;D

Dracoslythe

holy shit I thought that was a NASA photo for a sec lol.

annoyinglad

Quote from: blazerh44 on September 14, 2009, 03:12:09 AM
Hey not bad! That looks like I could live there ;D
Quote from: Dracoslythe on September 14, 2009, 09:39:51 AM
holy shit I thought that was a NASA photo for a sec lol.

Lol, thanks guys.

I actually plan to expand on this and make The Gillis Galaxy with planets, moons, and stars based on as many members as I can make different ones for. I already have a name for the galaxy and a planet for Draco is in the works.

JetTheHawk

Quote from: annoyinglad on September 14, 2009, 12:27:08 AM
Jet showed me a tutorial, so I tried it out, this is the results:

Here's when I threw it into a makeshift sig. It sucks and I spent one minute on it, but it's applied work...

lol nice but the planet looks really dark, lol
NO SIGNATURE

annoyinglad

Quote from: JetTheHawk on September 14, 2009, 11:26:58 AM
lol nice but the planet looks really dark, lol

It's space, the planet is supposed to be like that.

blazerh44

There better be a Blazer comet!

JetTheHawk

NO SIGNATURE

NeoMetalSonic

looks a lot like earth but with more land. what'd you use to make it?

annoyinglad

Quote from: blazerh44 on September 14, 2009, 12:46:31 PM
There better be a Blazer comet!

Oooh, that's a good idea, I'll use that!

Quote from: JetTheHawk on September 14, 2009, 01:07:06 PM
i can make you a planet if you want :D

I believe he asked me Jet...

Quote from: NeoMetalSonic on September 14, 2009, 01:58:53 PM
looks a lot like earth but with more land. what'd you use to make it?

Photoshop. The texture I used had little water, so it didn't turn out how I wanted...

OH GUYS! I plan to make the Gillis Galaxy animated.

Jordan teh Echidna

ooooooo niiiice this sounds and looks awesome =3

I'll ask Jet how they make these ^3^
Pesterchum = sirJayden

annoyinglad

Quote from: Mikey the Echidna on September 15, 2009, 04:20:29 AM
ooooooo niiiice this sounds and looks awesome =3

I'll ask Jet how they make these ^3^

Yes, because I am completely incapable of making one as this comparison shows, so you shouldn't just ask me. You should make it harder on yourself by asking Jet and having him link the tutorial to you and not explain how to do it...

Me:

Jet:

ShadowsOfSilver

HOW DO YOU DO THIS. Btw epicness!

The Meph's back in da hawz

JetTheHawk

Quote from: annoyinglad on September 15, 2009, 09:38:52 AM
Yes, because I am completely incapable of making one as this comparison shows, so you shouldn't just ask me. You should make it harder on yourself by asking Jet and having him link the tutorial to you and not explain how to do it...

Me:

Jet:

actually, that was the moon, this is the planet that i made better than yours XP
NO SIGNATURE

annoyinglad

Quote from: ShadowsOfSilver on September 15, 2009, 10:03:53 AM
HOW DO YOU DO THIS. Btw epicness!

It's actually really simple. Follow these steps:

1. Find a terrain/planet texture you want to use.
2. Crop a circle out of it.
3. While still having it selected, go into filters, then distort and spherize it at 100%.
4. Make a new layer and make an all black circle a bit smaller than the planet/moon.
5. Blur just the black circle to look like it's being overcast with shadow like any real world planet would (The sun only covers about half of the planet's surface in light, so if you include a sun using this technique, make sure you move the "shadow" layer accordingly).
6. If you want to make the aura effect, just go back to the planet layer and hit Ctrl+L and add in an inner and outer glow. It's optional, but this step makes it look much better.
7. Past all that, it's just playing with the lighting and filters to get what you like best. Like Draco says, make it your own, it's yours not someone else's, even if they requested it. And as I say, learn something then forget everything you learned and do it your own way. This is my way, give it a shot and if you don't like it, just let me know and I can get you the tutorial Jet showed me to.
8. HAVE FUN WITH IT! The planet doesn't have to make sense, it should just look kick ass, like mine. But that's my opinion, not yours and certainly not Jet's...

Quote from: JetTheHawk on September 15, 2009, 11:56:00 AM
actually, that was the moon, this is the planet that i made better than yours XP

Yes, because pressing a few buttons and adding a texture takes so much skill and makes an unrealistic planet look better than mine... But whatever, you have your opinion, I have mine... I will admit though, yours does look a bit more computer generated. However that makes it look synthetic, mine looks a bit more... natural... But this is neither the time nor the place. Good work either way.

JetTheHawk

Quote from: annoyinglad on September 15, 2009, 02:52:41 PM
It's actually really simple. Follow these steps:

1. Find a terrain/planet texture you want to use.
2. Crop a circle out of it.
3. While still having it selected, go into filters, then distort and spherize it at 100%.
4. Make a new layer and make an all black circle a bit smaller than the planet/moon.
5. Blur just the black circle to look like it's being overcast with shadow like any real world planet would (The sun only covers about half of the planet's surface in light, so if you include a sun using this technique, make sure you move the "shadow" layer accordingly).
6. If you want to make the aura effect, just go back to the planet layer and hit Ctrl+L and add in an inner and outer glow. It's optional, but this step makes it look much better.
7. Past all that, it's just playing with the lighting and filters to get what you like best. Like Draco says, make it your own, it's yours not someone else's, even if they requested it. And as I say, learn something then forget everything you learned and do it your own way. This is my way, give it a shot and if you don't like it, just let me know and I can get you the tutorial Jet showed me to.
8. HAVE FUN WITH IT! The planet doesn't have to make sense, it should just look kick ass, like mine. But that's my opinion, not yours and certainly not Jet's...

Yes, because pressing a few buttons and adding a texture takes so much skill and makes an unrealistic planet look better than mine... But whatever, you have your opinion, I have mine... I will admit though, yours does look a bit more computer generated. However that makes it look synthetic, mine looks a bit more... natural... But this is neither the time nor the place. Good work either way.
damn straight foo
NO SIGNATURE

ShadowsOfSilver

The Meph's back in da hawz

annoyinglad

Quote from: ShadowsOfSilver on September 16, 2009, 05:17:23 AM
Lol hao you crop circule

With the selection tool, just switch it to a circle by holding down until a sub menu comes up and select the circle one. Then hold shift while selecting to make it stay as a perfect circle. After that you just copy and paste.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

annoyinglad

Quote from: Windlessusher on September 18, 2009, 04:00:52 PM
does it have oxygen?

Yes, which sadly means there are no Hocotate immigrants (lol, Pikmin ftw)...

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

annoyinglad

Quote from: Windlessusher on September 18, 2009, 05:37:05 PM
sweet,so whats it called?

I dunno... I'm only coming up with names for my Galaxy project. Each planet, star, and comet will have a name based on the users here.

annoyinglad

Quote from: hypers on September 19, 2009, 05:46:49 PM
not bad. for sig? 5/20

1. I even said it sucked.
2. I made it in literally one minute, I wasn't overexaggerating.
3. I didn't ask for a rating, so stfu and gtfo.
4. kthxbai