Left 4 Dead Role-play

Started by Princessofthechaosemerald, January 04, 2011, 10:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princessofthechaosemerald

The left 4 dead series, as created by valve.

Left 4 Dead is a zombie shooter for the PC and Xbox 360. The game is based on keeping a group of survivors alive by blasting your way through hordes of infected in attempt get to a safe place. There are 8 playable characters; Zoey, Bill, Francis, Louis, Ellis, Nick, Rochelle, and Coach.

The types of infected (zombies) can range from regular, 'common infected' to many different 'special infected'.
Special types of  infected can include:
-Boomer
-Hunter
-Jocky
-Spitter
-Smoker
-Witch
-Tank

And more. Have a peek

The goal of the game is generally to make it through from safe house to safe house, keeping your team alive.
~~

In this RP, you can be 2 types of characters.
-Half, or partial infected (Still sentient)
-Human.

If you've got a picture handy you may want to post that, but what we need to see is:

~
Name:

No pic? No problem. add this-

Hair:
Skin:
Eyes:
Shirt:
Pants:
shoes:
~

Heres MINE:
Name: Madison
Pic: (Huzzah for shitty five minuet drawing :3)
Type: Half infected
Madison is part Witch part human. She was bitten by a witch on her left shoulder when the zombies were still eairly in their coming. She was quickly taken to a hospital where they had a small antidote. It was given to her, but it only helped stop the spread of the small infection that would soon turn her into a full-blown witch. So now she has one red eye, and one blue. And her nails are slightly long.
Darrnn, it got cut off

Left eye: Red
Right eye: blue
Skin: Grey
hair:brown

Rules:

Starting Wepons are Simple pistols, Nothing more, nothing less.

NO GODMODDING! Your weapons are just as powerful as everyone else's, and everyone is pretty much as fast and as strong as each other, unless in given special circumstances. (You also slow down as you are more hurt)

DONT STARTLE THE WITCH WITHOUT OTHER RP PLAYERS' PERMISSION! Especially mine, or Tobi's.

IF SOMEONE IS DOWN, HELP THEM UP, DONT IGNORE THEM! If one player goes down you're THAT much more likely to all be wiped out, especially when fighting huge hoards.

Story wise, there can be character conflicts. But if it's too severe and prevents a team from working together, you might as well say goodnight to your precious lives.

Anyone can control a zombie. But I call dibs on the Witch.
And DO NOT godmod them

Anyone who doesnt know L4D Read ALL of the wiki i posted above or you might as well stay out. Simple as that

If you're going to be half special infected; put up a short story on how that happened to you.

There can be romance, but remember nothing too far. It is a zombie apocalypse after all.

If you say that you want a different gun, dont be lazy and put something like: "There was an Uzi on the ground, so Madison went ahead and picked it up, just for fun, she didn't..." Please, why would there be some 'Awesome' wepon be on the ground, it would have to be in a house, and dont do this either: "there was a house, so Madison separated from the group and went inside." you have to stay WITH the group, no matter what. If you separate, You die >:U tough love my friends
(I'll put more rules later)

Team:

Survivors:
Madison
Dr. Joshua Morrissey
Dark
Lenora
Kevin
Adam

Banned Members:
(yes, I'll kick you out if you are disobeying any of the rules, And I aint Kidding you)
Have fun, guys.

Tanassy

^First post- I fixed up that a bit, I hope you don't mind.

Also. I'm in for now, but prepare for my tragic death/dissapearance just before the twelfth, if this lasts.
Name: Dr. Joshua Morrissey. Call him Josh, heck, even call him doc..
Type: partial Spitter
-Having worked on the early stages of the infection as a doctor, he has been around the infected since the very beginning. Even though he is one of the lucky ones immune to the infection itself, working on his patients has had it's side effects. He vomits often, and always smells. But one particular accident with one of the very first spitters- often just regular people who began to vomit acidic substances- mutated his insides, and now he pretty much projectile vomits acid. It's not as powerful as spitter acid nor can he 'spit' it far, but it'll sure come in handy if he's charged or pinned. Mind you it's very unpleasant.
He's still very sane and very smart. Don't count on him handling guns well, though.

Hair: White, streaks of grey. Short, slightly wavy, but slightly fuzzy.
Skin: Very fair.
Eyes: A voidlike black.
Outfit: Lab coat, plain blue shirt and pants underneath.

Consider this my first forum roleplay.

darkyellowz

i played both the games, so i know the basics of all, plus your fellow friends are the people who need the health kit the most.

Name: Dark
Type: Survivor

Hair: a darkish grey.
Skin: pale white.
Eyes: hazel brown
Shirt: a black hoodie
Pants: long black jeans
shoes: black sneakers.

~Bubblicious~

I've played the first game and seen loadsa gameplay for the second, plus I've done my fair share of l4d themed rps so xD

Name: Lenora
Type(Half Infected or human): She's actually quite the mix, portion special infected. Essentially heightened senses, nothing more, however she does need a mouthful of human blood every now and then or bad things happen. She doesn't like people knowing her secret, so she'll hide it from the team until she's in agonizing pain and her fangs are pokin' out her mouth.

Hair: Long and pale-grey, very suiting for her, as it's such a stark contrast to her eyes.
Skin: Paper-white.
Eyes: A very deep crimson-red colour.
Shirt: A very tight mini-shirt(black) . Barely covers her c-cup boobies. However, she wears a long trench-coat (black) so none of her outfit shows unless she takes it off. Except for her boots.
Pants:Black Leather Booty-shorts. (she has thigh-holsters for her weapons.)
shoes: Heavy black combat boots.

Jazz Nova

I want join.
I need RP.
And I read Wiki. Sorta reminds me of Resident Evil.

Name: Jazz
Type: Human-partially infected. Jazz was in PA when the outbreak occurred. He was hired to kill any thing that went wrong. But then everything went wrong. He tried to escape, but was trapped by infected. After killing all of them, he nearly lost his life in an encounter with a tank. As he has been getting a little stronger since then, he wonders if the Tank did more than injure him... He wonders if some of the virus got in his blood.

Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Tanassy

Quote from: darkyellowz on January 04, 2011, 11:53:47 AM
I don't mean to be an ass, but is this maybe a little young? Shoot me if I'm wrong.
Also, looks like I'm the oldest.

I'd like to add that my character is light on his feet, and has a good natural sense of hearing and sight. He could be a half decent 'scout'.. or even be the one to activate the generators, open the doors, elevators etc. A.k.a horde-caller XD. But don't expect him to be a leader.. he's smart, but very drawn back.

Another thing, are weapons limited to game weapons? coz I'd love a silenced pistol/rifle (yes there's such thing)/SMG to take out infected without startling any nearby witches. Assuming this RP is more realistic than the games.

Also, are the teams split up? because we can't really have any more than 4 in a team hence the name, right?

Jazz Nova

FFFUUU-
I can't find the drawing...
Imma have to draw a new one.

Quote from: BloodFury~ Tana on January 04, 2011, 11:47:26 AM
^First post- I fixed up that a bit, I hope you don't mind.

Also. I'm in for now, but prepare for my tragic death/dissapearance just before the twelfth, if this lasts.
Name: Dr. Joshua Morrissey. Call him Josh, heck, even call him doc..
Type: partial Spitter
-Having worked on the early stages of the infection as a doctor, he has been around the infected since the very beginning. Even though he is one of the lucky ones immune to the infection itself, working on his patients has had it's side effects. He vomits often, and always smells. But one particular accident with one of the very first spitters- often just regular people who began to vomit acidic substances- mutated his insides, and now he pretty much projectile vomits acid. It's not as powerful as spitter acid nor can he 'spit' it far, but it'll sure come in handy if he's charged or pinned. Mind you it's very unpleasant.
He's still very sane and very smart. Don't count on him handling guns well, though.

Hair: White, streaks of grey. Short, slightly wavy, but slightly fuzzy.
Skin: Very fair.
Eyes: A voidlike black.
Outfit: Lab coat, plain blue shirt and pants underneath.

Consider this my first forum roleplay.
Huzzah i am honnored that this is your first forum role-play, and thanks for fixing it up, It took me a while and i was on a rush xD
Quote from: darkyellowz on January 04, 2011, 11:53:47 AM
i played both the games, so i know the basics of all, plus your fellow friends are the people who need the health kit the most.

Name: Dark
Type: Survivor

Hair: a darkish grey.
Skin: pale white.
Eyes: hazel brown
Shirt: a black hoodie
Pants: long black jeans
shoes: black sneakers.
Little on the young side?
Quote from: BloodFury~ Tana on January 04, 2011, 12:27:32 PM
I don't mean to be an ass, but is this maybe a little young? Shoot me if I'm wrong.
Also, looks like I'm the oldest.

I'd like to add that my character is light on his feet, and has a good natural sense of hearing and sight. He could be a half decent 'scout'.. or even be the one to activate the generators, open the doors, elevators etc. A.k.a horde-caller XD. But don't expect him to be a leader.. he's smart, but very drawn back.

Another thing, are weapons limited to game weapons? coz I'd love a silenced pistol/rifle (yes there's such thing)/SMG to take out infected without startling any nearby witches. Assuming this RP is more realistic than the games.

Also, are the teams split up? because we can't really have any more than 4 in a team hence the name, right?

Well Sure. But maybe only a few silenced wepons, because startling witches is fun xD

Dunno, I might bend the game up a little bit, Not sure yet, we'll start and go from there, because our chars dont even know eachother.

EDIT Alright, Next poster can start guys X3

~Bubblicious~

A lithe figure was carefully and rather elegantly traversing through some rubble, a long coat swishing about them. Despite the heavy boots on their feet, the moved with almost deathlike silence, a simple pistol clenched tightly in their pale hands. Nearly glowing crimson eyes raptly observed their surroundings, long dull-grey hair a huge contrast to both the eyes and the bleak surroundings. This woman was like a becon in the night, her hair making her all but an easily spotted target. However, it didn't seem to bother her much, always picking off danger before it got overly close to her.

darkyellowz

lol, its dead... guess i will post.

a little boy creeping through the night, holding tightly an axe, "these bitches will go down..." the little boy said

Tanassy

Vomiting and crawling in pain, the Doctor slowly made progress through the deserted town. "I'm immune.. I'm immune.." He mumbled, repeatedly. Nearby, a hunter made itself known and pounced out of the darkness. But out of pure luck, the Doctor vomited all over him and he was reduced to goo.
There were wounds all over his body, and he was barely making progress. He fumbled around with a small pistol, barely being able to hold it, to aim it, and barely being able to handle shooting it. A few common infected came toward him, he successfuly aimed and shot at two of them but the third time, the recoil sent the pistol flying out of his hands. He vomited on the ground once more and looked around in desperation. Had his time come?

darkyellowz

the little boy saw the Doctor about to be attacked by common infected, he then threw his axe at one and ran at them with a pistol punched and shooting them. "DIE YOU SONS OF BITCHES!" the little boy screamed.

Tanassy

At the sight of the little boy, he thought he was seeing things. But he'd seen alot lately.
He managed to whisper out a few words, "Quiet down.. Y-you'll attract more of them..."
Then he just vomited and collapsed, falling unconscious.

darkyellowz

the little boy stared at the Docter and walked over to him avoiding the vomit and picking him up, the little boy carried him to an abondend safe room and layed the Docter on the bed in it. "he seems  to have been infected." the little boy said to himself.

Shadow26

*sparkling eyes*
I need to join this xD

Name:Adam
Type(Half Infected or human):Human

Hair:Dark Black/Brown.
Skin:A little bit tanned.
Eyes:Dark Brown,but stand out in the light.
Shirt:A black torn t-shirt and a leather jacket.
Pants:Some Dark Blue jeans with big holes (made) for guns.
Shoes:White,but dirty,Adidas (:3) shoes with blue and red strips on the sides.

He also has a shoulder/rifle strap (with no gun in it) and 2 Ankle Holsters (one for each ankle,also with no guns in them)

Tanassy

Alright, that looks good enough, I'm sure they won't mind me adding you to the list.

darkyellowz

(now i'll just wait for a reply from DFX)

Tanassy

(Well my character is unconscious, I'm waiting for another person to come along or something..)

darkyellowz

Quote from: Tenacious BloodFury~ on January 29, 2011, 12:19:30 AM
(Well my character is unconscious, I'm waiting for another person to come along or something..)
sleep squrm?

Jazz Nova

Jazz heard gunshots. He crept along the rooftops, trying not to attract any infected. In fact, he was worried that he may be partially infected, too. After that last encounter, he wasn't sure of anything any more. He just needed to be with someone. Then, he ad a chance of survival.

~Bubblicious~

The sound of what seemed to be a young boy shouting deffinately caught this woman's attention. Scenting the air and finding a trace through the overpowering stench of decay from the infected, she bolted off. As silent as death, she ran, trench coat flying out behind her. Her eyes absently swept across the area, seeing nothing...however her keenly trained eyes caught sight of a safe-room door. I wonder... with that, she slowly picked her way over to the door, fumbling with the handle a bit. Huffing upon finding it locked, she called out softly "Mind unlocking this and letting me in?"

Tanassy

The doctor shivered and rolled over, landing on the ground hard. He groaned in agony as pain coursed through him once more and he vomited all over the nearest wall, barely missing the boy. Feeling empty, he then stirred for a while before falling unconscious once more.

Shadow26

The brown haired boy looked around,seeking assistance,until he saw a white figure on the floor in agony.As he was running to the figure's aid,the boy tripped.
Not knowing what it was,he turned his head slightly,seeing the Smoker.The Smoker had wrapped his long tongue around the boy's leg,then it hang on tightly,pulling him towards the gruesome mouth.
Not knowing what to do,the boy,defenseless,wrapped his hands around a bloody pole,clinging on for dear life.......

darkyellowz

(sorry for the late reply)

the little boy hearded the womans voice followed by the Docter's vomit. the little boy walked up to the door. "it's not safe to be anywhere out here." the little boy said

~Bubblicious~

"I know it's not safe, that's why I want in." Lenora growled in annoyance, frowning a bit. How bothersome, was it truely that hard to open the door? "Now, PLEASE open the door."

darkyellowz

the little boy opened the door holding 2 silenced SMGs. "if you get infected like that docter, your dead." the little boy said giveing a warning and welcomeing her in.

~Bubblicious~

She rolled her crimson eyes at the ignorant little boy, walking in. "Boy, I'll tell you this now, you can't kill me...and" she looked at the unconcious man "He's onyl half infected...does he look like a giant walrus of a boomer to you? no. If anythign his vomit could be used as a weapon, he's still a survivor, learn before you shoot, ignorant fool."  she growled at the boy. Finding a clean corner of the room, she took off her long coat, revealing her hourglass form and clothing. Sitting down, she set it over herself as a blanket.

darkyellowz

the little boy put the guns away and closes the door, he walked over to a desk overfilled by paper and he starts searching threw them as if he knew what it all ment.

Jazz Nova

Jazz silently dropped down off a rooftop. Behind a Boomer. The Boomer had his tongue wrapped around someone's leg and was trying to eat him. Is that... A fully automatic pistol? Too damn convenient, but I'll get what I can. I bet it has one or two shots, too.

Shadow26

"Ack!" the boy said,loosing his grip.He was frustrated and annoyed that someone hadn't already done something,anything.But,he saw the situation.A doctor unconscious.Then at that moment,he lost his grip.As he was watching the Smoker's face,coming closer and closer,the boy randomly grabbed the ground for any sign of weapons.Then,he saw a desert eagle,lying on the ground.This was his chance.He made a jump for it with his other leg and grabbed the pistol."See ya...." he said,pointing the pistol and the Boomer's face and pulled the trigger.Nothing came out.The pistol,lying there,that gave him hope,was out of ammo.The threw the gun at the Boomer."C'mon you idiot,eat me!" the boy without hope shouted.The back of his head was hitting the ground hard as he was getting pulled to the Smoker's face.

Tanassy

(^Boomer? I think you mean Smoker)

The doctor was on the ground for a while before he came round and felt a presence around him. He coughed and dry vomited, nothing coming out. Reaching beneath his dirty white coat, he grabbed a water bottle, opening and consuming it's contents greedily, quickly regretting having done so.
As he stood up, he began to stumble, but the figures watching over him managed to stabilize him and help him up. He blinked several times and looked around, before sitting back down. He wouldn't be moving for a while, not without aid.
(also, ben, the two silenced SMG's is a bit much to start off with, we're meant to have pistols, and possibly some basic weapons in the safe house)

darkyellowz

the little boy still sitting at the desk looking at the archives said "the war created this mess..." silently before getting up and pulling down a white borad with tons of writing on it, he then begins writing more onto it.

(if you play no-mercy a silenced SMG is found at the start when you begin. having two is mealy an armatures work, but if one where to say that they had 2 shotguns they that would be stupid. and i am not trying to be mean or anything here.)

Tanassy

(You're a kid, the power of two SMG's would knock you over. And DONT godmod yourself and say it doesn't. You should have thought about that earlier. Trust me, I've used ONE SMG before and they are very erratic, two is just... yeah.)

darkyellowz

(ehhhhh, i can't argue with you there... lets just pretend it's silent python revolvers!)

A young Girl Strolled down the street, some lights flickering, some not even on. The girl sobbed, it some how kept her calm, for what has happened now, it would be hard not to burst out in rage or sadness. A zombie approached, nothing big, just a simple infected, the girl simply pulled out her pistol, aimed and fired. The dead body fell to the ground, limp, the blood oozing out of the torso and onto the blue-white sidewalk. The fire echoed though the black night, fearing that more zombies might show, the girl picked up her pace and left the scene.