Sonic's Vacation { Literate Roleplay }

Started by Angelic23, March 02, 2009, 07:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelic23

( + )
&&note: This is somewhat of an advanced roleplay. c:

x__I n t r o d u c t i o n
Sonic and his friends are relaxing at a beachside hotel. The water is beautiful tint of blue; resembling the cyan Chaos Emerald. The breeze is cool and enjoyable against this Summer's bright Sun. The beach itself is soft, clean, and perfect for sandcastles and volleyball; sand enjoyable between bare toes. You can see beach balls, chairs, umbrellas, and other paraphernalia (Related items.) scattered around the large expanse of beach. The ocean in the horizon is breathtaking, glistening in the Sun's gaze.

Walking into the hotel from one of its translucent, sliding glass doors; you are overwhelmed by the aura of prestige it gives off. Shiny floor tiles reflect the Sun's rays from outside and Roman-esque columns align the sides of stairs that lead upstairs; to the patron's rooms. The front desk has a wood finish, and glimmers like everything else in the room. The employing working behind it greets you heartily, welcoming you.

Welcome to SunnyDreams Hotel.

x__P l o t
Mingling around SunnyDreams Hotel; Sonic && co. finally have a well-deserved Summer break. All sorts of fun is to be had! Even Eggman reluctantly gives into a little R&R, bringing along some of his robots friends. Please note, that all couples are allowed by me; please just don't get too graphic, haha! This roleplay is meant to be more of a Drama/Adventure though! Focusing on exploring the island the hotel is on, while developing character relationships. ^^

x__R u l e s
Please read these or you won't get accepted into the roleplay. :<

1x. Be at least semi-literate! That means using the ~Enter~ and ~Shift~ key. Everyone makes mistakes though, so I won't kill ya' if you made a small error.
2x. Follow the site rules!!
3x. Respect everyone! No matter who they are, okay? Even if they are a newbie, cut them a little slack.
4x. And most importantly, have fun! :D
5x. Where it says "Say what?:" on the character form; answer with "Yatta!" to make sure that I know you read the rules.
6x. Don't be lewd with couples please, a peck on the cheek is the farthest it gets. <<;;
7x. Make sure the character you want to be isn't taken yet by checking the "Taken Characters" section.
8x. Don't even try to enter your OC, please. This is strictly official characters. :3

x__T o  J o i n
Just ask me for a character and send in a character form, and when I accept you; roleplay away! Make sure to read the rules though. >__o

Here is the character form:
[PLEASE put your answers after the [/b]!]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character(s) you are taking:[/b] (No more than two please!)
[b]Example of previous roleplaying skills?:[/b] (If you don't have one, skip this.)
[b]Your character is friends with...?:[/b] (Answer this question twice if you want to claim more than one character.)
[b]Say what??:[/b]

x__Taken Characters
1x. Amy Rose by Angelic23
2x. Miles 'Tails' by chaos101
3x. Sonic the Hedgehog by Elija2

&&extra: Theme song!: "Will My Heart Survive," by Nightcore. <3

( - )
Please join my roleplay, "Sonic's Vacation." I'd really appreciate it! Just make sure you read all of the rules!
Here's a link. <3
Also, if you're interested, here's my own personal art thread: [link]

ChaosDazer

~I would like to use Tails~

Username: Chaos101
Character(s) you are taking: Miles 'Tails'
Example of previous roleplaying skills?: All I can provide is links. So, here-
http://sonicroms.net/SRForums/index.php?topic=1561.0
http://sonicroms.net/SRForums/index.php?topic=2561.0
http://sonicroms.net/SRForums/index.php?topic=3399.0
I have more but the site I would normally RP on is down <_<
Your character is friends with...?: Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, cream,, pretty much any good character who enters this RP
Say what??: Yatta! (Thats what I say, right?)
witty sig caption

Angelic23

[[Yep, that's what you're supposed to put! You're accepted, I'll add you to the list of characters right now~]]

[ + ] `

Amy Rose flicked off her sandals and watched them hit the beach floor with a -thwomp-. She stretched her toes and swirled them around in the sand. She swung her legs up and laid down comfortably on the plastic beach chair. The chair was somewhat hot from being left outside without any shade covering it, but it was a manageable hot that was actually sort of nice. Amy loved the Summer time; Tans, bikinis, volleyball, and plenty of chances for love. Oh, yes yes, Summer was the season for love, being an expert on the subject, she was not going to let this season roll by uneventfully. Crossing one leg over the other, Amy relaxed as the Sun granted her warmth, and the calm breeze rolled over her fur, distracting Amy from her thoughts for a short moment. She gradually let her eyelids fall, and began to let her thoughts wander...

"I wonder what everyone else is doing right now..." She mumbled to herself. Suddenly feeling lonely on the large beach, she hoped everyone had arrived to the hotel safely. Amy Rose was the first one to get here, excited by the idea of a vacation at a beautiful Summer resort on its own island.

` [ - ]
Please join my roleplay, "Sonic's Vacation." I'd really appreciate it! Just make sure you read all of the rules!
Here's a link. <3

ChaosDazer

Tails walked out to the beach, feeling the clean, shining sand beneath his feet. He looked out into the glistening sea. It was peaceful, everyone was relaxing by the sea. Tails sat down, and looked up into the sky. It was a clear, sunny day, with the sounds of birds and nature adding to the perfected atmosphere. : Man, it can't get better than this..... He though to himself, as he closed his eyes and slowly drifted away into his dreams.
witty sig caption

Light the Hedgehog

User-name: Light the hedgehog

character's i'll be taking: Manic the hedgehog and my fan character Light the hedgehog

example of rolepaying skills:...look at the Role plays i made....

my character is friends with: Manic is friends with all good sonic characters, my fan character is friends with Tiger the Chao (MY FAN-CHAO) and Black Chaos (MY FAN MADE CHAOS DEMON)

say what..?: meep (that's what i say, A'IGHT?!)

Angelic23

[[@ Everyone: Sorry for being inactive, I had a couple of essays that I put off 'till the last moment that I had to turn in today. I'll make up for it with an extra long post~ ]]
[[@Light the Hedgehog: Uh, dude. Look at rule no. 8. I don't want to be rude or anything, but it says pretty straightforward that this is official characters only. If you want to enter as Manic still, make sure to check the other rules also, and correct your character form. ^^;]]

[ + ] `

About 15 minutes had passed in total silence except for the peaceful lull of ocean waves lapping over one another. Amy Rose flipped around to lay on her now tanned stomach and repositioned herself to get comfy once more. The Sun radiated warmth, the wind runned over her body, even the exotic birds chirping was enjoyable! Everything was perfect!... But Amy's attention span was starting to show. She sighed audibly, getting impatient.

I wish someone would arrive already. The quiet is killing me!... Releasing another agitated sigh, she thought again to herself; ... Well, I suppose if I want to attract anyone this year, I should start with finishing this suntan. I mean, it'd be kind of awkward if only one half of me was cream coloured, and the other beige.

Settling down, she picked up the magazine she had brought with her from the hotel and began reading. The magazine was just one of those gossip columns with useless rubbish written in them, but it was effective in passing time; Roughly another 15 minutes had went by already. Amy put down her literature and hopped off the beach chair. She bent down to retrieve her flip-flops and cautiously put them on since she had forgotten to shade them from the heat. She followed that with some stretching and proceeded to gather up her stuff and return them to her hotel room.

Her room, #16 had already been set up with precision. Her clothes were neatly tucked away in drawers, all cosmetics set in the bathroom, and everything else in their respected places. After putting away her beach items, Amy went into the washroom to make sure her tan cooled down now. She applied some lotion in particularly crisp areas, just to be safe. Leaving the washroom, she paced about the room for a good while, trying to find something productive to do. She figured that she might as well go back outside. There obviously wasn't anything fun about staying cramped in here, besides she might just  find someone out if she explored a little. She shut off all the lights  as she was exiting, since she didn't want to waste electricity. Walking down the corridor and a flight of stairs, everything felt solemn to Amy. When the clerk at the counter had granted her with a small chat consisting of "Oh, going back to soon?" and "Well, I hope you don't ruin your perfect tan!", she felt a small relief. Smiling and waving at the other girl after the rendezvous, she exited the hotel once again for the beach.

Looking across the expanse of sand, she saw that a couple of chairs had been reserved, but nobody there. Probably not anyone I know. Amy thought to herself. The clerk she talked to previously had said nobody checked in since she had last left. Perhaps they just haven't gone into the hotel...? Amy asked herself in a slightly optimistic tone. Acting upon this hope, she began her decent along the ocean's edge...

` [ - ]
Here's a link. <3

Elija2

Username: Elija2
Character(s) you are taking: Sonic the hedgehog
Example of previous roleplaying skills?: This one I guess, although it just started
Your character is friends with...?: Sonic Heroes obviously, and all the good guys.
Say what??: Yatta!

Light the Hedgehog

me and Manic: *are walking thru green hill zone*

Angelic23

[[@Light the Hedgehog: *headdesk* Please don't ignore my post. :c I still haven't accepted you since you haven't obeyed the rules I stated in the first post. So please don't post until I say you are; which will be when you carry out the rules.]] [[Nevermind, he responded to me in a private message, so it's all worked out now. It was kind of a short answer though... So I'm guessing that he's just not going to join the roleplay. xD;;]]

[[@Elija2: Sorry, I was having some communication difficulties with someone. ^^;
But I digress, thank you for following the rules! You are accepted, I'll add you to the list of characters right now! :)
Make sure you put a lot of effort into your posts though, since I made this board to be advanced. :D]]
Here's a link. <3

Elija2

Sonic rushed into the hotel. "Hope I'm not late!" Sonic then notices how breathtakingly beautiful the hotel and nearby beach is. "Wow, this place looks great. No more speeding for me." Sonic slowly walks to the beach. He spots Tails and thinks about rushing towards him but hesitates. He instead finds a nice spot with a good view of the sparkling ocean and lays there. He kicks his shoes off and shuffles his feet in the sand as it curls around his toes. Sonic slowly shuts his eyelids and begins daydreaming of his bygone days when he first met Tails.

Light the Hedgehog

"you know what's kind of strange, Manic" i asked Manic the hedgehog "i dunno, what?" he relpys "the reason why robot-nik tries to kill sonic!" i say to him....

[[JJEZ, YA HAPPY NOW ANGELIC?!]]

Angelic23

[[@Light the Hedgehod: Listen, I really don't mean to be elitist, but I don't think this is the roleplay for you. ^^;
I made my own roleplay so it could be extremely advanced and literate; I wanted it to be different from most other ones. I'm genuinely sorry, but I think it would be easier if we just forgot the whole matter. D:
Please don't take it personally. :c ]]

[ + ] `

Amy Rose wasn't paying quite enough attention as she should have to where she was going. She couldn't help it though, the ocean glimmered like a far-off diamond, filling her vision, and stealing any attention she may have been previously giving to the route before her. She didn't even regard how far away she had strayed from the hotel. She continued on her oblivious stroll, but before she even had time to notice anything, she fell flat on her face! She shrieked noisily while she was hysterically wiggling about, trying to get back onto her feet, not even seeing what she had tripped over;

"Aiiiiiieeeee!" She continued screaming at a deafening pitch.

She pushed half of herself off the sandy floor, propping the rest of herself up with her elbows. As she glanced around to see what she had fell over; her face went from a mellow pink to a bright scarlet in two second flat. Amy mustered all her strength to lift herself off the bewildered young fox, and tried to regain a regal posture. However, she more or less made more of a fool of herself when she had used too much of power and fell right back onto the ground, this time on her back. She attempted to folly the bluster by dusting off all the sand that had accumulated on her fur and wobbly standing up on her two feet.

Amy, still the colour of scarlet, nervously held out her hand to help the fox that she had crushed underneath herself just a minute ago.

"T-tails...? Are you okay?" She asked in a high-pitched shaky voice while fixing her headband that nearly fell off in the ruckus.

` [ - ]
Here's a link. <3

Light the Hedgehog

[[@Angelic23: don't worry, i get that ALL THE TIME]]

Angelic23

[[ @Light the Hedgehog: I'm sorry, it's hard to reply to short posts since I'm used to -WTF HUGE POSTS- on all my other roleplays. xD;
It's almost impossible for me to make a good reply to a small post, so there's a reason why I'm so strict on being literate and advanced. OTL ]]

Here's a link. <3

Light the Hedgehog

[[@Angelic23: let me just leave you with this info: "every member who roleplays has a different way of role playing"....got it?!]]

Elija2

Sonic woke from his daydreaming. He had herd a high-pitched scream come from somewhere in the distance. What's going on? he thought. Sonic felt like going to check it out but he was too comfortable where he was so he went back to daydreaming. Sonic was in the middle of relaxing when he felt a cold sensation around his feet. "What the..." Sonic said out loud and jumped up. Sonic stared at the clear blue ocean, then looked at his feet and realized the tide came in. I guess I'm a bit too close to the water. Sonic got up and began searching for a new place to relax, but the cold water had stirred him too much he thought he wouldn't get back to relaxing anyways. Might as well explore some more Sonic thought to himself, not noticing that he left his shoes at the tide.

ChaosDazer

OOC: I was used to long RP's, then medium ones on another forum, now small one here. It's hard to adjust XD
-------
"Woah!"

Tails woke up. He had been having a wonderful dream, the first time to he flew his plane, the tornado, into the air. He could remember how he battled robotnik, and how he had first met Sonic. But all was interrupted as he woke with a fright, to see a pink hedgehog holding out her hand.

"T-tails...? Are you okay?"

He realized that it was Amy. He was hurt, it looked like his leg had been bruised. Still, he got up with Amy's help. He then asked, in a curious, but slightly frustrated voice, "Wha? What just happened?"
witty sig caption

Elija2

Sonic continued walking in a random direction, carefree. He had never felt this relaxed before. He was usually up and about running places, but now he finally had time to relax. Sonic, deep into his thoughts, didn't notice the beach volleyball net until he walked into the netting. Huh? Sonic broke free from the netting's grasp. "Hehe, whoops." Sonic said out loud. "I hope nobody saw that..." Sonic glanced at a nearby beach ball. He picked it up, tossed it in the air, and caught it with ease. I wish there was someone around to play with. He thought to himself. I wonder who else is here. Sonic tossed the beach ball onto the ground and began exploring some more.

Angelic23

[[ooc~ Haha, it's okay chaos101, I know how you feel. I'm so used to lengthy roleplays. xD
Sorry, by the way, to everyone for disappearing. I had a lot of studying to do lately with the quarter ending and all, I was all over the place. ;,;]]

[ + ] `

A bit flustered by the question, Amy awkwardly stood in place for a good few moments staring down at the younger fox. Not noticing his intentions were purely to just know what happened, she presumed that he was thinking of her as a complete moron. Shifting her weight from side to side and burning up, once again, she finally managed to nervously sputter out a few words. There was almost nothing else in the entire universe she loathed more than looking like a clumsy idiot. Which was somewhat difficult since Amy -was- clusmy. She definitely was not an idiot though!

"Aha... Well, uhm... You seeee-" Stressing the last word, she fiddled with her pink hair and bit her lip trying to come up with something to say. The whole situation was becoming painfully embarrassing for her. Oh geez, she thought, I guess there's really no way out of this one... Amy let out a heavy sigh, practically heaving her whole body forward from the extent of it, and collected herself before addressing Tails once again. She swiftly averted her eyes from his and casually turned her head to the side to try and avoid eye contact.

"Aw man," she had slipped out, "I... I kind of tripped over you because I wasn't looking at where I was going." Amy then resumed her nervous quirks. Slowly turning her head back towards the fox, she shrugged her shoulders and ended up gathering enough courage to look at him in the eyes once more. "... Sorry, heh." She finished with, giving off an aura of complete shame. Looking at Tails now, she could see that she had given him a bruise on leg. She let out a quick gasp. The previous aura quickly changed to tremendous guilt when Amy realized that she had actually hurt him. Motherly instincts invading, she stooped down to his height and inspected the bruise. "Ohmigod Tails, did I hurt you?" She choked out. "We should get you to the hotel right now! I don't want you to leave here hurt!" She over dramatized, like she normally did.
` [ - ]
Here's a link. <3

Elija2

OOC: This RP is starting to die and it just started! Let's try to keep it going longer.

Sonic got bored of walking in the same direction and decided to head back into the hotel and check in to his room. Sonic turned around, looking for the hotel. He spotted a sign that read 'SunnyDreams Hotel' with an arrow. Sonic followed the direction of the arrow.
Once he arrived at the hotel an employee informed him of his missing shoes. "Oh man, I must have forgotten them at the tide!" Sonic ran back to the beach. He had forgotten where he had left them. He decided to comb the entire beach until he found them. This could take a while, he thought to himself.