Dragonball Z - Kai

Started by Skyle369, June 20, 2009, 01:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 14, 2011, 09:49:31 AM
Again, just the 4kids version. Even the Nicktoons cut didn't remove that.
Reestablishing the fact the 4kids sucks. :P

But DBZK is only going up to Cell, right? There's about 10 sagas after that.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Yeah, it ends after Cell. No Buu.

On the plus side, NO UUB!! :D

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

i like the original show better :P

jkid101094

Post Merge: September 27, 2011, 12:27:07 AM

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 14, 2011, 03:53:20 PM
Yeah, it ends after Cell. No Buu.

On the plus side, NO UUB!! :D
Ugh...Ubb...I like how Majin Buu became a protagonist at the end of the Buu saga. They should have just left it at that.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 26, 2011, 07:23:49 PM

Post Merge: September 27, 2011, 12:27:07 AM
Ugh...Ubb...I like how Majin Buu became a protagonist at the end of the Buu saga. They should have just left it at that.

whats wrong with uub?
he was in only one DBZ episode.

TheGameNinja

Why does he get to be reincarnated when everyone else in the show ever goes to an afterlife of some kind?

Also, in general, his personality is lame. And Goku abandoned his family to go teach this kid for years if GT is to be believed. But GT's not canon so who cares.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 27, 2011, 07:16:50 AM
Also, in general, his personality is lame. And Goku abandoned his family to go teach this kid for years if GT is to be believed. But GT's not canon so who cares.
I thought GT was cannon and only the kids that can't accept that it wasn't written by [insert Japanese guy here] say it doesn't exist? :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

I'm pretty sure its not canon, at least... I dunno, its weird. The manga's the main thing and GT has nothing to do with it. Then again, every single other aspect of Dragonball, including the anime, all include stuff that wasn't in the manga.

I guess it depends on what you consider canon. But if GT is canon, what isn't? Are the movies? Where do they fit in the timeline? @3@

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 27, 2011, 10:53:20 AM
I'm pretty sure its not canon, at least... I dunno, its weird. The manga's the main thing and GT has nothing to do with it. Then again, every single other aspect of Dragonball, including the anime, all include stuff that wasn't in the manga.

I guess it depends on what you consider canon. But if GT is canon, what isn't? Are the movies? Where do they fit in the timeline? @3@

The Movies actually DO fit into the timeline.
And GT is quite canon, m'dear.  

TheGameNinja

Where does Dead Zone fit, hm?

I'm not saying this stuff can't be canon, I'm only saying it depends on what canon you're talking about. If you're talking about the manga, then plenty of things that happen in the anime, not just GT, can't be canon. If you're talking about the anime, then you have to excuse weirdness in the timeline(s).

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 27, 2011, 10:53:20 AM
Are the movies? Where do they fit in the timeline? @3@
The animated movies fit quite snugly into the timeline. It's the live action ones I'd worry about.

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 27, 2011, 10:57:32 AM
Where does Dead Zone fit, hm?

I'm not saying this stuff can't be canon, I'm only saying it depends on what canon you're talking about. If you're talking about the manga, then plenty of things that happen in the anime, not just GT, can't be canon. If you're talking about the anime, then you have to excuse weirdness in the timeline(s).

Quote from: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z:_Dead_Zone"Dragon Ball Z: Return my Gohan!!") and originally titled simply Dragon Ball Z the Movie during its theatrical release, was the first Dragon Ball Z movie. It is also the first to be in the anime to be under the Dragon Ball Z series before the Vegeta Saga. It was released between episodes 11 and 12.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Why does no one know who Gohan is in the first episode then? Some of them met him in Dead Zone. :/

You can fudge it if you want, but there's going to be purists. Anyway, I'm not one of those people that hates anything not based on the manga or anything. Dead Zone's actually my favorite DBZ movie. And I didn't mind GT except for Uub and maybe Vegeta skipping Super Sayian 3. (though the games have since taken care of that :P ...but then Brolly... he got 3 in that game too, did he ever hit 2?)

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 27, 2011, 11:06:25 AM
Why does no one know who Gohan is in the first episode then? Some of them met him in Dead Zone. :/

You can fudge it if you want, but there's going to be purists. Anyway, I'm not one of those people that hates anything not based on the manga or anything. Dead Zone's actually my favorite DBZ movie. And I didn't mind GT except for Uub and maybe Vegeta skipping Super Sayian 3. (though the games have since taken care of that :P ...but then Brolly... he got 3 in that game too, did he ever hit 2?)
Continuity errors. DBZ is full of them.

The only problem I have with GT is that everything I've seen about it sucks. Then again, the only episode I ever watched of GT was the one with Occeanus Shenron.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I hate GT because of the following:
1.Pan is a total bitch and character never improves, even Chi-Chi lightened up after awhile >.>
2.Pan got too much screen time
3.Did I mention how much I hate Pan?
4.SuperSaiyan 4 spam
5.The other Z fighters were replaced with Pan =/
6.Pan
7.Giru
8.What Goten grew up to be
9.Piccolo dies and stays dead
10.The extremely low level of urgency to Krillin's death
11.It tried to go the DragonBall route by adding more adventure and comedy and less fighting... and failed
12.Goku's a kid again...
13.Pilaf shows up then disappears
14.Goku did ALL the fighting =/
15.Through the whole anime nobody took anything seriously =/

The list goes on 
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay