4Kids is DEAD. What Does This Mean For Anime Coming to America?

Started by jkid101094, August 14, 2012, 02:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dax7

I'm glad 4Kids is gone, what they did to Sonic X and One Piece with their censorship really sucks. I hope some other company picks up anime series and makes better dubs out of them.
3ds owner and Animator in training.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: Dax7 on January 13, 2013, 03:51:48 AM
I'm glad 4Kids is gone, what they did to Sonic X and One Piece with their censorship really sucks. I hope some other company picks up anime series and makes better dubs out of them.

fuck u dude yu-gi oh is a 4kids tv orginal series so i watched that show every day now theyre just showing shit and the fucken site 4kidstv.com is gone too  :'( :'(

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Erik Larsen on January 13, 2013, 12:17:09 PM
fuck u dude yu-gi oh is a 4kids tv orginal series so i watched that show every day now theyre just showing shit and the fucken site 4kidstv.com is gone too  :'( :'(

Yu-Gi-Oh! is not a "4kids tv orginal series", it was made by Studio Gallop. 4kids just dubbed it. Yu-Gi-Oh! is still on the air, the original is on Nicktoons now too. I have no idea why you're so angry about this. Vortexx is basically the EXACT SAME THING IN ALMOST EVERY WAY.

Quote from: Dax7 on January 13, 2013, 03:51:48 AM

Funimation's got One Piece now and their dub is great.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 13, 2013, 05:24:58 PM
They need to go back to dubbing the openings.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 13, 2013, 05:24:58 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh! is not a "4kids tv orginal series", it was made by Studio Gallop. 4kids just dubbed it. Yu-Gi-Oh! is still on the air, the original is on Nicktoons now too. I have no idea why you're so angry about this. Vortexx is basically the EXACT SAME THING IN ALMOST EVERY WAY.

ok i guess but they shouldnt show transformers prime because i saw every fucken episode of the show on the hub and even on youtube too so i think they shouldnt show a hub series on vortexx

HoNk

Animes are cartoons no matter how you look at it.
They're just made in japan.
That's the literal meaning of "anime."
Plus most of those shows you listed are awesome.
I'm not worried a bit.
Plus there's always YouTube.

ExcaliberSonic9897

Thunder7908

Quote from: HoNk on January 23, 2013, 05:02:52 AM
Animes are cartoons no matter how you look at it.
They're just made in japan.
That's the literal meaning of "anime."
Plus most of those shows you listed are awesome.
I'm not worried a bit.
Plus there's always YouTube.

HoNk you do make a point. YouTube always helps us when we can't watch cartoons/animes, movies, etc. I go on YouTube more than any other site.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: Thunder7908 on February 05, 2013, 01:09:24 AM
HoNk you do make a point. YouTube always helps us when we can't watch cartoons/animes, movies, etc. I go on YouTube more than any other site.

i download all the anime shows i see from torrents so i dont have to watch them on fucken youtube

TheGameNinja

I buy (almost) all the anime I watch so that my money goes on to support the industry.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on February 05, 2013, 04:56:27 AM
I buy (almost) all the anime I watch so that my money goes on to support the industry.

i download them from torrents instead of buying them :D

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Erik Larsen on February 05, 2013, 01:17:30 PM
i download them from torrents instead of buying them :D

Too many people do that. Anime distribution companies in North America have been dropping like flies because too many people just download fansubs instead of buying.