Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Started by Elija2, January 16, 2015, 09:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Still Low-Rank. Haven't done a single online quest yet.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 06, 2015, 05:23:54 PM
Still Low-Rank. Haven't done a single online quest yet.

The hell were you waiting for? You know you can hunt with randoms, right?

jkid101094

Me, play with random people? You're joking, right?

I was waiting to finish the single-player mode so I could hunt with GD but by the time I got the game he was already G-Rank and I didn't want to burden him with carrying a newbie up the ranks.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 06, 2015, 05:27:50 PM
Me, play with random people? You're joking, right?

I was waiting to finish the single-player mode so I could hunt with GD but by the time I got the game he was already G-Rank and I didn't want to burden him with carrying a newbie up the ranks.

Oh, come on! You can only use preset messages so it's not like anyone can insult you if you blow it. It's more than likely that it'll be someone else who keeps getting themselves killed.

The single-player and guild quests are meant to be done simultaneously. Did you even beat the single-player yet, because if you did then you won't even need any help getting through low-rank. You could probably solo it.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on June 06, 2015, 05:38:35 PM
Oh, come on! You can only use preset messages so it's not like anyone can insult you if you blow it.
No, but they can think it.

Did you even beat the single-player yet, because if you did then you won't even need any help getting through low-rank. You could probably solo it.
I thought I did but apparently not. I got stuck on that fucking crab, remember? Apparently Shagaru Magala isn't the final boss.

The single-player and guild quests are meant to be done simultaneously.
I probably should have guessed that.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 06, 2015, 06:12:03 PM
No, but they can think it.

They can also think "Gee, this jkid guy is doing a really good job."

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 06, 2015, 06:12:03 PM
I thought I did but apparently not. I got stuck on that fucking crab, remember? Apparently Shagaru Magala isn't the final boss.

So you're barely halfway through the single-player? Geez, this is like a reverse Fantasy Life situation. Did you get better weapons and armour since reaching high-rank in single player? That's probably why you're having troubles with that monster. That and you should bring extra ingredients to craft more potions in case you run out. Also buy the powercharm and armourcharm from the shop and always carry them with you.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on June 06, 2015, 06:20:05 PM
They can also think "Gee, this jkid guy is doing a really good job."
But the former is more likely.

So you're barely halfway through the single-player? Geez, this is like a reverse Fantasy Life situation.
So I'm halfway through the game already? I thought There was so much more coming my way.

Did you get better weapons and armour since reaching high-rank in single player?
Well for most of the game I used my Teddie Bear Rhenoplos Armor just like I did throughout the entirety of 3U. After getting absolutely massacred by Hermitaur, though, I decided to grind some Zamtrios for their armor but it got boring so I put the game out and haven't really played it since. I managed to craft a hammer with thunder element using Barroth parts but that alone wasn't enough either. Didn't know Hermitaur marked the beginning of High Rank, though. Nothing really told me I needed to ditch my Low-Rank stuff.

That and you should bring extra ingredients to craft more potions in case you run out.
In 3U I used to do that all the time. I can't do it in 4U yet, though, because I haven't gotten enough supplies yet. I'm trying to get a few stacks of Honey before I start farming Herbs.

Also buy the powercharm and armourcharm from the shop and always carry them with you.
I've never used these for anything except crafting. They're too expensive for consumables.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 06, 2015, 06:31:29 PM
So I'm halfway through the game already? I thought There was so much more coming my way.

Not for the single-player campaign, no. The final boss is in rank 9, although a 10th rank unlocks after that with some more quests.

Well for most of the game I used my Teddie Bear Rhenoplos Armor just like I did throughout the entirety of 3U. After getting absolutely massacred by Hermitaur, though, I decided to grind some Zamtrios for their armor but it got boring so I put the game out and haven't really played it since. I managed to craft a hammer with thunder element using Barroth parts but that alone wasn't enough either. Didn't know Hermitaur marked the beginning of High Rank, though. Nothing really told me I needed to ditch my Low-Rank stuff.

Oh yeah, you unlock high-rank right after beating the Hermitaur. So I guess don't worry about upgrading your gear until after you beat it. I don't main the hammer so I can't really help you out with what weapon to craft, but for low and high rank the Tetsucabra armour set is usually your best bet for melee weapons.

In 3U I used to do that all the time. I can't do it in 4U yet, though, because I haven't gotten enough supplies yet. I'm trying to get a few stacks of Honey before I start farming Herbs.

Have you been doing the Wycoon's quests to unlock more carts to multiply? You really shouldn't be manually gathering potion supplies at this point.

I've never used these for anything except crafting. They're too expensive for consumables.

They're not consumables, that's the point. You keep them on you and they'll always raise your attack and defence.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on June 06, 2015, 06:44:36 PM
but for low and high rank the Tetsucabra armour set is usually your best bet for melee weapons.
What's so good about it?

Have you been doing the Wycoon's quests to unlock more carts to multiply? You really shouldn't be manually gathering potion supplies at this point.
I don't manually do anything, though. I've got all three carts unlocked and I'm pretty sure I've unlocked every farm too. It's just that I use my supplies more quickly than I can replenish them since I'm so damn antsy when it comes to taking stupid hits.

They're not consumables, that's the point. You keep them on you and they'll always raise your attack and defence.
Oh, I must have been thinking about the berries then. I do remember carrying those around, now that you mention it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 06, 2015, 06:53:46 PM
What's so good about it?

+13 health (which can easily be bumped to +15 with jewels), +10 defence, and -10 gathering (which can easily be bumped to -9 to avoid the bad effect). Once you get the high rank set it'll be even better with +10 health, +15 defence, +9 sharpening (which can be easily bumped to +10 to unlock the effect), and -12 gathering (which can also easily be bumped to avoid the bad effect). That should carry you up until G rank.

Elija2

No cool video game crossovers this time, but we do get the super rare, super powerful, and super rad-looking Star Knight armour set. Unfortunately it's not unlocked just yet because the exclusivity deal with Universal Studios Japan is still in effect until July 17th, but after that the quests will be open for G-rank hunters.

So... anyone wanna play?

Hakudamashi

I tried Monster Hunter 4 for about 5 hours from the beginning, my cousin lent me.

I decided not to get it.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 03, 2015, 05:00:13 PM
I tried Monster Hunter 4 for about 5 hours from the beginning, my cousin lent me.

I decided not to get it.

I've accepted that you're probably never gonna get this game and decided to stop trying to convince you.

But when Monster Hunter X comes out...

Elija2

So some people created . They were originally meant to be purely for fun and offer no rewards, but unfortunately some people abused it and created quests that easily increase your HR rank to the max and give you hacked rewards. Beware when playing online with randoms because you might accidentally take part in a custom quest. It shouldn't damage your save data, but if you want to keep your game pure you should definitely avoid them. I don't have a problem with people creating custom quests for fun new scenarios, but when people use it to cheat at the game then that just ruins it.

jkid101094

"Slay 5 Fatalis in an enclosed arena with no way to heal."

Haha, NOPE.

I'm all for these but not if they're as insane as the ones in that video. I also don't think it'd hurt for people to make easier variants of the special quests for people like me who want the Megaman Palico items but are stuck in Low Rank.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.