What Exactly Does the Term "Christian Music" Mean to You?

Started by Dracoslythe, December 20, 2009, 06:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ioshyriku

well I'm not really sure, the music that is singed in churches or other music that prays to God

shadowDOESrock

WHAT THE FU-*EXPLODES*

no that is my real reaction to it.

Gleech

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 21, 2010, 06:39:06 PM
Skillet is cosidered a Christian band but i've never heard them talk about "God" in thier lyrics. I think as long as they don't swear they're considered Christian.
But a song could not swear and talk about doing bad things or praising the devil.

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

jkid101094

Quote from: Gleech on January 22, 2010, 10:46:04 AM
But a song could not swear and talk about doing bad things or praising the devil.
Songs can do that. Just not "Christian" songs...

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Gleech

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 22, 2010, 11:37:03 AM
Songs can do that. Just not "Christian" songs...
Yeah but you stated that every song that doesnt swear in your opinion is a christian song.

What if its praising the devil of promoting bad things and it doesn't swear.

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

jkid101094

Quote from: Gleech on January 22, 2010, 12:10:38 PM
Yeah but you stated that every song that doesnt swear in your opinion is a christian song.

What if its praising the devil of promoting bad things and it doesn't swear.
Oh, I get what you're saying now. ;)

Well then I guess I was wrong. :D

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

smash_legend

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 21, 2010, 06:39:06 PM
Skillet is cosidered a Christian band but i've never heard them talk about "God" in thier lyrics. I think as long as they don't swear they're considered Christian.
no, they don't say "God" or "Jesus" but the message is implied.
you can tell by reading the lyrics, what there talking about
Leon says Sora is the keyblade master?
he obviously hasn't met me yet

by reading this you are wasting 10 whole seconds of your life, hope your happy

if people said that breathing was uncool, 96% of teens would die
put this in your sig if you'd be one of the 4% laughing your head off

LunarShadow

Quote from: Dracoslythe on December 20, 2009, 06:21:44 PM
This started from an argument I had with my grandma.  She CLAIMS that Casting Crowns isn't "real" Christian Music, because they have a rock-like sound to their music.  These were her exact words;;
"They're only trying to please the world.  That's not Christian music, that's a bunch of hypocrites singing Christian lyrics to worldly music."  I laughed.  HARD.  Like seriously, to me, Christian music is defined by the LYRICS, not the STYLE OF MUSIC.
She thinks that ALL Christian music should be like Amazing Grace or other older-styled music. 

Can't Blame your grandmother though...

She can only experience life through her eyes

Which she has and can't understand the today b/c she doesn't life today but in the past, which most people do in general b/c of past trauma. Or they are just stubborn people....

Some old people give themselves sovereignty over the young b/c they have lived a long time.

Time means nothing, old people need to realize that time only means something if you have gained true wisdom from it.

Anyway, you're right.

Christian music is based on lyrics, not the genre.

Jesus would accept all praise if it is genuine and from the heart and soul of the person

Your Grandmother can't tell if people are genuine or not

I don't think she is God >:(

Don't judge a book by its cover. :)

EchidnaPower

Quote from: LunarShadow on January 24, 2010, 06:38:52 PMChristian music is based on lyrics, not the genre.
Jesus would accept all praise if it is genuine and from the heart and soul of the person

Hey, +1 big guy. ;)

I love Jesus! Do you?

Joseppi

Quote from: Gleech on December 20, 2009, 06:26:41 PM
I believe that as long as the lyrics are praising God, than that music is indeed Christian music. The style how its played doesn't matter.

Yes Casting Crowns plays it in a way the world will like more, but its to ATTRACT the attention of non-believers and bring them to Christ. ;)

I agree with Gleech. If the lyrics are about worshiping God, it's Christian music. So many people think the only way music is Christian music is if it's boring hymns like you'd hear in church or Gospel.

There's a lot of upbeat Christian music. Just to name a few, there's Pillar, TobyMac, Skillet, P.O.D. and many more.

smash_legend

pfft, old people, will they never accept are cool christian music, or will they always insist on there old boring lame music
when I'm old I will NOT be lyk that ;)
Leon says Sora is the keyblade master?
he obviously hasn't met me yet

by reading this you are wasting 10 whole seconds of your life, hope your happy

if people said that breathing was uncool, 96% of teens would die
put this in your sig if you'd be one of the 4% laughing your head off

seandkiller

to me christian music is music that shows the views of christians.even though i am a christian i have no idea what real christian music is though.

5 more till Super Kirby!
Click here to level up my MKW license
http://www.mubos-md.com/licensemaker/levelup.php?66253
Click here to level up my Brawlcard! http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?99599