Started by Lost Lone Key, October 02, 2008, 05:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Sooooo...
the point where Shippuden is at now...
thoughts / opinions?

Ye Olde Swagfag

It's been 3 years bro.
But all in all I never really cared for the Naruto series.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: LeaflameSD64 on April 14, 2013, 07:51:44 AM
It's been 3 years bro.
But all in all I never really cared for the Naruto series.

same here bro i stopped watching the show

Hakudamashi

The anime is stiff and dull and boring to watch or listen to.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

some of the games r fun but now i dont like the games or anime

TheGameNinja

I haven't kept up with Shippuden, but I like the original. I liked what I saw/read of Shippuden but I just haven't stayed with it.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 15, 2013, 09:18:59 AM
The anime is stiff and dull and boring to watch or listen to.
Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 15, 2013, 01:15:57 PM
I haven't kept up with Shippuden, but I like the original. I liked what I saw/read of Shippuden but I just haven't stayed with it.

I liked it up until the Pain Arc... afterwards... ehhh.
I liked the last two episodes but they're filler.
And it seems we're in filler land for another two months.

Hakudamashi

I think it even beats Dragonball in terms of filler.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

Quote from: windlessusher on April 15, 2013, 02:02:38 PM
I think it even beats Dragonball in terms of filler.

DBZ is much better than naruto :D :D

TheGameNinja

Naruto has waaaay more filler than DBZ. If I remember right, the filler arcs in Naruto were just as long as the non filler.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 15, 2013, 04:04:49 PM
Naruto has waaaay more filler than DBZ. If I remember right, the filler arcs in Naruto were just as long as the non filler.

what does filler mean?

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 15, 2013, 04:29:20 PM
what does filler mean?

Well, there's two definitions. First, episodes or entire arcs of episodes of an anime that are not included in the source material. Naruto filler are episodes that are not based on the manga. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya filler is episodes that aren't in the light novels. An example is every episode of Naruto after Sasuke leaves the village to go with Orochimaru.

The second definition is just added in bits to fill time in an episode. Excessive screaming in DBZ or extended transformation sequences in Sailor Moon.

Filler is generally frowned upon since it rarely adds anything to the show. But, it's necessary for a show that's based on a manga that is still being written. Once the show catches up with the manga, there's nothing else to do but either go off the air for a few months or make up something.

Bakuman. is an example of a show going off the air instead of resorting to filler. But, this is risky, since time slots on Japanese TV are sold off to the highest payer, and once its taken that show basically has it til the show ends. Giving up your timeslot means you risk not getting the same audience you had before.

Then again, there's Bleach. Bleach had filler that was actually much better paced and even animated than the main story. The manga has so little substance that one chapter is about 10 minutes (if that) of one episode. Frankly, if Bleach had just ignored the manga and the anime done its own thing with the setting, characters, etc. I think it would have been a much better show.

jkid101094

I only know three things about this show:

Ino is hot.

Sakura is hot.

Naruto has a milf.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Shadow84786

At first I didn't like show but now its gotten a lot interesting but the fillers can be a annoying sometime.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 15, 2013, 05:04:22 PM
I only know three things about this show:

Ino is hot.

Sakura is hot.

Naruto has a milf.

i did like Sakura she was hot but she was really annoying

ino is hot to same annoyance as sakura is when they fought over sauske in the first few episodes os season one