For god's sake people... KINECT DOESN'T SUCK.

Started by Wolfy, January 07, 2011, 06:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Hello all. I welcome you to this rant, starting off nice so you know I'm not just a rage man. If you enjoy rants and reasoning, I kindly ask you to stay.
[rant]

When it comes to Kinect, I notice A LOT of negativity about it. For instance, because of Free Rider's fail, many people here on the forums think the Kinect sensor is a useless piece of shit worth 150 dollars. Being a Kinect owner, this talking shit about the Kinect REALLY pisses me off, as I KNOW the Kinect is not bad. Let's see if my little "speech" sets you all straight.

Factor I: Accuracy of the Kinect

A lot of people who barely played the MENUS of the Kinect complain about how the cursor is never where you point your hand.  If you have half a mother fucking brain then you probably already know why.  They think that just because it doesn't LOOK accurate in your point of view, it isn't accurate at all. Here's one way to test this: Hold your arm out and have your friend use his/her point of view to see if your hand matches where the sensor is. If it matches, you just failed and had no reason to complain about such a minor thing.

Tilt/Motion controls. You see complaints about this right here within our very own community. EVERYONE here is complaining about how the fucking controls suck, are you REALLY enough of a dipshit to believe that Microsoft fucked up on a project they've been working on for three years? They see this after seeing Sonic Free Riders. Since SEGA is finally coming out of the shit pool and improving Sonic the Hedgehog games, they do not accept the fact that Sonic Free Riders is the real problem. These people believe what they say and they stick to it, these are the same people who have never TOUCHED a fucking Kinect sensor and probably never will. Let me show you a direct comparison between my Kinect Sports experience and my Sonic Free Riders experience.

Kinect Sports has many areas in the game that allow you free control over the character, as in moving your arms and legs wherever wanted. Gameplay is smooth and gives the player plenty of control.

Sonic Free Riders does not show the character doing any of your movements at any time.  Upon doing a movement, you are shown a set animation for it, not your action. Gameplay is very unresponsive when it comes to turning. The only time it comes CLOSE to free movement is during the ring grabbing areas.

See what I did there? I compared two gaming instances, both incredibly different from another, I don't know about you but I'd go with Kinect Sports.

Factor II: Usefulness of the Kinect.

We all know that gaming has already had a history of motion control with the Nintendo Wii, albeit with remotes. Many users encourage others to buy the Nintendo Wii because of THEIR OWN OPINION AND LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE KINECT. The Wii does motion control, the Kinect does motion control. The Wii uses remotes, the Kinect uses YOU. These are the people who have heard bad things about the Kinect and decide to follow along with it, DESPITE THEIR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ON IT. People think that all the Kinect is, is a bad motion sensor with no other use. NO. The Kinect is a FULLY FEATURED MICROPHONE AND VIDEO CAMERA. The Wii does not and CAN NOT do either of those things. Even if you don't want  motion control, the Kinect at least provides two other exclusives. Oh, the Wii is so much better cause you can use a controller too huh? WRONG. Microsoft supports certain games that can make use of the Kinect OR the controller, giving you the option to get off your lazy ass. One game like this exists currently, but I KNOW more will be made.

Factor III: 'Replacing' the Controller

Many, MANY people think that the Kinect wants to achieve the unachievable goal of replacing the device we have loved since the 80's the controller. What do I have to say about this?

What.The.Fuck.

Yes, WHAT THE FUCK?! Do you REALLY think ANYTHING could replace one of the biggest cores to gaming since the 80's? Kinect is NOT meant to replace the motherfucking controller. It is meant to be a control method ALONGSIDE the controller, to avoid pissing off the community and ruin the ENTIRE MOTHERFUCKING FACE OF GAMING. If it tried to do so, it would have NEVER been received so well. And really? Replacing the controller? YOU STILL NEED A 360 CONTROLLER TO ACCESS THE XBL MARKETPLACE. This along with the fact that most things in the dashboard can be used by the controller AND Kinect show that replacing the controller was NEVER Microsoft's goal. It was to provide a new, alternate, and fun experience alongside the Xbox 360, not forcing ANYONE to get off their lazy asses if they didn't want to(*cough*jkid101094*cough*).

I hope you have decided to look into the Kinect and maybe reconsider after seeing my experience, thoughts, and knowledge about the Kinect. Hopefully this will cause you to STOP BASHING ON THE DAMN THING.

[/rant]

shadowDOESrock

Neither Kinect nor Move are bad.

But the games on 'em are.

Tanassy

Dude, you've totally taken this out of a common misunderstanding into just totally pissing people off.

It doesn't suck, it's games suck, as kyo said.
It's a compliment to the controller, but the company doesn't understand that.

Also, stop comparing it to the Wii, it is totally different. one's a motion controller, the other is a sensor.

TheGameNinja

I think a big problem is that when the mainstream media got wind of Kinect, they were treating it as the "new" Wii. Heck, I sat through an entire segment of some morning show where they called it the new VERSION of the Wii. Like it was made by friggin Nintendo. All that casual-gamer publicity the Wii got when it came out didn't really help it much in the eyes of average gamers and it's definitely not helping the Kinect's image. But if people will get past it, there are amazing things that can be done with it.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 07, 2011, 11:55:07 PM
I think a big problem is that when the mainstream media got wind of Kinect, they were treating it as the "new" Wii. Heck, I sat through an entire segment of some morning show where they called it the new VERSION of the Wii. Like it was made by friggin Nintendo. All that casual-gamer publicity the Wii got when it came out didn't really help it much in the eyes of average gamers and it's definitely not helping the Kinect's image. But if people will get past it, there are amazing things that can be done with it.

want.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Lucyfied on January 07, 2011, 08:29:51 PM
Neither Kinect nor Move are bad.

But the games on 'em are.

I somewhat agree with this comment.
The concepts for the controllers are good but some of the games can get down-right cheezy.

shadowDOESrock

you could bring hentai to a whole new level with that.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

WARNING, NSFW CONTENT
No, I didn't go looking for it. :P There was an article about it on Kotaku.

...seriously though, why doesn't the spoiler thing work?

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 08, 2011, 06:58:42 PM
WARNING, NSFW CONTENTNo, I didn't go looking for it. :P There was an article about it on Kotaku.

Wow...just wow...xDDD
Too bad it isn't the typical big-eyed anime style women or I'd be sold. *shot dead*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

WARNING, NSFW CONTENTNo, I didn't go looking for it. :P There was an article about it on Kotaku.

thats not hentai.

>:U

those are bad-modeled ps2 chicks.

Wolfy

lol, I KNEW someone was gonna come up with this.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 08, 2011, 06:47:38 PM
Rapelay.
You know, I actually played that.
Ahem-

Anyone else notice terrible physics?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: BloodFury~ Tana on January 09, 2011, 07:24:00 AM
Ahem-

Theres No Way My Little FushFush Can Be This Cute...

Tanassy

Quote from: Lucyfied on January 09, 2011, 08:58:08 AM
Theres No Way My Little FushFush Can Be This Cute...
Lol. Have you? Don't tell me you haven't.

Wolfy

Quote from: BloodFury~ Tana on January 09, 2011, 09:06:00 AM
Lol. Have you? Don't tell me you haven't.
The physics are fine. I can tell shit physics and good physics apart. Besides, you're sorta saying that humans have shit physics. It's pretty good for a fan-made game.

Tanassy

No, it's not that. I meant like, the hair. And the skirt.

TheGameNinja

Because the time has finally come for the people of America to be able to grope the inside of a woman's breasts.

Hakudamashi

Kinect should be used for science, SCIENCE I SAY!!!!!!
This thing is far too advanced to be a simple " game console add-on" >.>
And all these things
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: BloodFury~ Tana on January 09, 2011, 07:24:00 AM
Ahem-
Can you get me a copy? *shot*
Nah, jk. I'd rather have Battle Raper.  ::)

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 09, 2011, 07:29:54 PM
Can you get me a copy? *shot*
Nah, jk. I'd rather have Battle Raper.  ::)
Dude, go torrent it. xD it's only about 4 gigs. or something.

jkid101094

Quote from: BloodFury~ Tana on January 09, 2011, 11:33:50 PM
Dude, go torrent it. xD it's only about 4 gigs. or something.
jkid doesn't do torrents. :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

RoyalStallion

How is kinect I want it just not sure if its worth it

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Wolfy

Quote from: windlessusher on January 16, 2011, 07:06:55 PM
As it is now, it's not
Patience my young wind. Decent games will come. It's all a matter of waiting.
I had a crazy idea earlier too. Using Kinect AND the controller, hover boarding with your body while holding a controller to aim and shoot. Imagine that... No not with poor controls like Free Riders.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Wolfy on January 16, 2011, 09:40:02 PM
Patience my young wind. Decent games will come. It's all a matter of waiting.
I had a crazy idea earlier too. Using Kinect AND the controller, hover boarding with your body while holding a controller to aim and shoot. Imagine that... No not with poor controls like Free Riders.
I said "As it is now" didn't I?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay