Photoshop CS3 or Illustrator CS3?

Started by Dracoslythe, August 25, 2008, 02:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracoslythe

Eh.  I've got Photoshop CS, and that's pretty good...but we were planning on buying one of the newer version, no matter the price difference.  I know they are both very VERY expensive, and I know that Photoshop is better for photomanipulation and Illustrator is better for drawings and such.

I do both.  Draw and make graphics.  I just don't know which one I should get, though.  I've got to where I draw more anymore, so Illustrator is a good investment, but I may go back to doing nothing but site designs and forum sets sooner or later...

Any input?
Aw, I'm so indecisive.
xD

Gilly

Quote from: Dracoslythe on August 25, 2008, 02:47:57 PM
Eh.  I've got Photoshop CS, and that's pretty good...but we were planning on buying one of the newer version, no matter the price difference.  I know they are both very VERY expensive, and I know that Photoshop is better for photomanipulation and Illustrator is better for drawings and such.

I do both.  Draw and make graphics.  I just don't know which one I should get, though.  I've got to where I draw more anymore, so Illustrator is a good investment, but I may go back to doing nothing but site designs and forum sets sooner or later...

Any input?
Aw, I'm so indecisive.
xD

This is actually supposed to be in the requests section. Anyways, it's funny you posted this because I am currently uploading Photoshop CS3 to the site. It should be up by tomorrow morning but you will need to get up to 100 posts to gain access to it.

Phantom The Hedgehog

photoshop is a good all around program for design ^^

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Phantom_The_Hedgehog on August 29, 2008, 03:06:27 PM

anyways, photoshop is a good all around program for design ^^

Yeah.  I love it.  And it doubles up as my coloring studio.  I suppose that I'll stick with Photoshop.  Now I need to upgrade it.  xD
My current signature was made in Photoshop CS...so I'm not completely immobilized when it comes to good filters and such...

Phantom The Hedgehog

Also CS# has a lot of add on for it when it come to brushes and things,

makes designing a snap, not to mention quick

so you made a good choice  :)

!shadow!

htid56

al try photoshop when i become a svip lol it looks fun
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

rivaldragonic

This might be a little off topic, but whats better, Photoshop CS3 or Photoshop Elements 5.0 ?
Because I have Photoshop Elements 5.0 atm and i was wondering if getting CS3 would be an upgrade or not.

I don't use it that much atm but I might once i get to uni and get bored and start drawing/editing stuff :P hehe

Arigatou gozaimasu~ :3

http://i39.tinypic.com/24x15yv.jpg
The Super Sonic Sig Maker

"I'm here to kick ass and drink cups of tea....and I'm all out of tea."

SonicWind

guppy

Is anybody really good at photo shop I suck

SlashXVI

Photoshop makes it easy for all those Sonic X Recolorers to make a lazy masterpiece  :D

Post Merge: January 25, 2009, 09:38:21 AM

I always liked PSCS3 so...yea.

THANKS JET!

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

NeoMetalSonic

yeah, I say Photoshop. Since you're already used to it. And it probably is one of the best out there

Mekithegreat

I think that price is everything I know it is a good program but if you have no skill and no offence but I don't think you should buy it