What type is your Fan Character?

Started by Gleech, November 29, 2009, 04:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of these is your fan character?

Recolor
5 (11.1%)
Original
20 (44.4%)
In the middle
18 (40%)
Other
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Gleech

Well I thought I'd make a poll on this, its obvious that "Recolor" is going to win, but I wanted to see how many have originals...

Please post a picture, or a link to one, of your fan character here, so we all know what they look like, so you don't say, "ORIGINAL" and end up having a recolor.

Arrow is in the middle, he's kind of a recolor, but he's not, at the same time.
S3&K Styled Arrow

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

Dracoslythe

You know mine.
xD
Most started out being a recolor, then tadaaa, they became original

You can say that my most recolor like character is probably Faye, in the aspect that she has fire powers and is a cat.  But I totally did not know about Blaze when I drew her.  xD

How about a post a link that has links to my characters?  XD
http://dracoslythe.deviantart.com/journal/28404312/

JetTheHawk

NO SIGNATURE

Skyle369

Haha, mine is in the middle, some parts are recolored and some parts are original. XD
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5607/skylethewolf.png

HereAndThere

I think mine is under the middle by 3,27%.
But i chose in the middle.
Jeexx is more like a recolor so that's where the 3,27% came from.

Shadow26

Gleech

Actually Shadow26, I'd say yours is a full recolor, since theres no edit to him.

Btw, you can now change your vote if you messed up.

Shadow26

Well,if you were me,how would you change Shade?

Gleech

Hm... Well idk, maybe add an unused/rarely used color, maybe a pattern to make him unique... yeah.

I saw someone who looked like they recolored Arrow, and made him black and green. He had the same deal going on, on his head, no stripes on his whole body, but his head... O-o

anyway, lets get back on topic.

Shadow26

Craats

Im sorry to have to admit, but im too lazy to draw something original~~

Thunder456456

Fiamonder

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

Nightshade the hedgehog

michael:turn sonic silver
add a red ring and 3 rings yellow, green, blue , make shoes silver and add light blue eyes you get something i dont know what the heck it is
once made by killer ,redone by supersonic196 ,thanx guys :)
yes i am,thanx firestar :)
thanks mikey thanks ecco
fan of ashura ,made by teh shadicz ,thanks for it :)

maikoka1

you know mah fox! she's sorta original, but MIGHT be a recolor too... because of having 2 tails >.> but I ain't changing that! x3

Post Merge: December 16, 2009, 10:37:36 AM

IDK... you judge >.>
like I already said, she's not a footballer... this was my friend's idea >.> she was supposed to be "holding" a lightning bolt and there wasn't supposed to be a ball over there >_>
don't ask >.> I just LOVE changing her clothes... but not colors >w> always green, black and neon yellow... maybe red too ^^;
closer view of I-s

Aoi Denkou

Mine is close to a recolor, but he has some distinctive properties that make him fairly original.

lucarioaaron

He's sort of an 'in the middle' character.

Quills is a red hedgehog with a tuft of fur coming out of his head. He has a blade which he relies on greatly and super speed. He wears gloves and blue boots.
This sig is under construction...

Into_Unknown_09

My character, Akira's sorta "in the middle" type of fancharacter. By the way, did you know that recolors are the most hated type of fancharacters by most Sonic fans? To make it simple, she is born in Earth's past, not Mobius'. This means that she's not Mobian despite having a Mobian appearance. She has two forms. Her first one is her "Mobian" form in which she is an orange three-tailed fox with a scar on her right cheek due to a previous fight.* Her attire includes: light pants, white shirt, green hoodie, ring gloves and black/yellow/white shoes. Second form is her human form; same attire, but brown hair and blue eyes.

Note:I'm NOT changing her three tails, no matter what anyone else says.
I am a ninja by profession. I rely on the three S's: speed, stealth and silence. It is preferrable that no one knoes my true identity. If I am seen, my fate is sealed.

RainbowBeautyRocks

mine is a red cat with brown shorts, black small tank top, black gloves (no rings) that don't cover her fingers, black small boots with two buckles in the middle, large ears, lavender eyes, and short hair like honey the cat's. pretty oringal, no two tails, no short dress with hammer, no spikes, no bangs, pretty much the few things I copied for her is honey the cat's ears and tail.

Firestar36

Quote from: Shadow26 on November 30, 2009, 03:58:09 AM
So this is a recolor? o.O

That there sir,is a minor edit,or in the middle.

Mine's Aero the Hedgehog. (He's original,I guess)

Nightshade the hedgehog

what about my one with the back fringes like knuckles the fringes at the front and the top spine near knuckles fringes

plus it has sonics shoes so what is it
thanks mikey thanks ecco

Kirby

Quote from: shiner the hedgehog on June 28, 2010, 09:20:38 AM
what about my one with the back fringes like knuckles the fringes at the front and the top spine near knuckles fringes

plus it has sonics shoes so what is it

I think in the middle.

Nightshade the hedgehog

thanks mikey thanks ecco

Firestar36

DREJA

mine would probably be other

just look at my pro. pic

Nightshade the hedgehog

actually i would say in the middle dreja  i mean its basicly a edit
thanks mikey thanks ecco

Gleech

Quote from: shiner the hedgehog on August 11, 2010, 08:30:32 AM
actually i would say in the middle dreja  i mean its basicly a edit
I agree, but I mean then again, the "Other" option could be used as "In the Middle" as well...

rashidsonic

uh guys i know this is off topic but can you show how to put an image in a reply?

Ioshyriku

Quote from: rashidsonic on September 26, 2010, 09:12:14 PM
uh guys i know this is off topic but can you show how to put an image in a reply?

upload on tinypic, and post the IMG code they give you here,
but if you have problems and questions ask them on the Help/Questions section

RedBlastie

My fan-char is kinda original and kinda a recolor so i choose the middle
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Cole

jkid101094

Like I said before. I don't really take kindly to fan characters, but if I was to make one I would try to make it original while trying to keep the Sonic essence. I have a pet peeve where if something is within my ability I will almost never take the easy way out, hence why I make all my avis, sigs and wall papers now. :3

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Afro7hundr

xSalashawty

Not going to ask why recolor is there

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

Max_Calmness

Into_Unknown_09

Do you guys hate me? On my previous reply, I make a couple concessions:

1) Akira has one tail, like any normal fox.

2) She is flightless. (think of flightless birds)

Well, for those people asking me why I posted my character even though I can't upload a picture of her, let me tell you something:

She is not a recolor of Tails, I made her appearance from scratch. I started making her when I was in fourth grade and finished in freshman year. I also drew inspiration from myself (and some people in my life) and put some of MY OWN qualities for her. I also repeat:

Do you hate me? Am I one who spams the forums? Do I act like someone who is a hacker in disguise? I don't care if you like me or not, but I want to be respected online just as I am respected offline by my family, friends and peers.
I am a ninja by profession. I rely on the three S's: speed, stealth and silence. It is preferrable that no one knoes my true identity. If I am seen, my fate is sealed.

Nightshade the hedgehog

Quote from: Into_Unknown_09 on February 10, 2011, 05:25:22 PM
Do you guys hate me? On my previous reply, I make a couple concessions:

1) Akira has one tail, like any normal fox.

2) She is flightless. (think of flightless birds)

Well, for those people asking me why I posted my character even though I can't upload a picture of her, let me tell you something:

She is not a recolor of Tails, I made her appearance from scratch. I started making her when I was in fourth grade and finished in freshman year. I also drew inspiration from myself (and some people in my life) and put some of MY OWN qualities for her. I also repeat:

Do you hate me? Am I one who spams the forums? Do I act like someone who is a hacker in disguise? I don't care if you like me or not, but I want to be respected online just as I am respected offline by my family, friends and peers.
thats fine with the char

but i wouldnt say 'do u hate me' because thats how u get banned because THAT is spamming

no offence but im just pointing out something
thanks mikey thanks ecco

Wolfy

Guilty of a recolor. I came up with him when I was a n00b at the internet. He's original in SOME ways(gloves, shoes, maybe more) A friend made me a picture of him out of PURE generosity, I owe him for that.

TrueSilverWolf

Original with some recolor, I will make my character that are not related to the actual Sonic characters.

sonicamyforever

i love sa2b

philip

its Sonic with black eyes and smaller and white.Its me.With the power of all elements.

sonicadventuredx

a green sonic with purple-blue shoes and a fox with red tails

Cream Fireball

Classic Tails is SOOO cute!! <3

SonicNo1Fanatic

I think that mine is fairly original.

Supashadic

I'd Say thatmine is fairly in between in the middle and original. What I think keeps him Sonic-esque is his top quill and eyes. but i refuse to put hair on his chest or make him wear a shirt.

SonicEnzoRue

A lot of my "fan-characters" are re-colors.

Darkyellowz

Why am I typing here?

Because I saw too much cancer.

I guess my first Fan Character for the Sonic Universe started out a recolour. But over time, became an original character. Slowly, that is.

He is now a Kangaroo by the name of 'Steve' His fur is yellow and there is no powers under his possession. He is referred to as 'Naked' and has a short temper in most cases. But will protect even the lowest of friends.

'You either die a hero.

Or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.'

Also. WHY DID I TYYYPE THIIIISSSS.

Green Mii

I think mine would go in the Other category, as I used a generator to create mine. I can't really draw all that well anyways, so...