My sketches and whatnot

Started by Meme Master Flex, August 27, 2012, 03:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meme Master Flex

I bet some of you didn't even know i draw :3

I'll add more to this topic as i make them and whatnot.

LeaflameSD

They are not bad, but you could put a little more effort and time into it. But for what it is... it's good.

jkid101094

Not gonna lie. It kinda looks like you just took a crayon and scribbled lines hoping for something that looked a bit decent. I honestly have no idea what those are...a bird and a pony?

I don't want to sound mean or anything but I know you can do a little bit better than that. =\

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: LeaflameSD on August 28, 2012, 02:27:29 AM
They are not bad, but you could put a little more effort and time into it. But for what it is... it's good.
Quote from: jkid101094 on August 28, 2012, 02:39:32 AM
Not gonna lie. It kinda looks like you just took a crayon and scribbled lines hoping for something that looked a bit decent. I honestly have no idea what those are...a bird and a pony?

I don't want to sound mean or anything but I know you can do a little bit better than that. =\

That was sort of like, the point i guess? They're not supposed to be real drawings, and i didn't ask for critisim :3

Not gonna lie, i have no idea what it is too.

If i ever go back and actually try and finish it, i'll let you guys know, but yeah, like i said, sketches, not real drawings.

I've recently gotten back into drawing so it's probably gonna take some time for me to get good again.

And although i didn't ask for it, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.

Jordan teh Echidna

Wow, these are good =D

Don't listen to them saying it's not good or it's rushed.
Sketchy art is an art style too :I It doesn't means it's sloppy, or rushed. It shows the lines you put into it and you trying to perfect previous lines.
I don't really care what they are or they aren't. It doesn't NEED to be anything! If it's just something random, then good!

>Getting criticism from a guy who does shitty recolours. "Effort and time" lolwut.

Jkid, you don't know sketchy art~
Me, Tobi and Maddie all draw in the same way :3
Pesterchum = sirJayden

Meme Master Flex

And now for something completely different.
Now you get two verisons of how i feel about this
On one side, i wish you guys would fuck off, on the other side, i understand what you mean.

Quote from: LeaflameSD on August 28, 2012, 02:27:29 AM

Leaf, just shut the fuck up, you honestly don't know anything about drawing seeing as you make recolors. I don't want to here anything from you about my sketches, and i'm not gonna waste my time on an ingrate, fucking dipshit.

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 28, 2012, 02:39:32 AM

Jkid, you've honestly haven't seen the sketch side of art, it doesn't have to be completely finished to look good, to some people, this is finished. I haven't seen you draw anything, but if you can, be my guest. You get a little less cruel response because you don't make shit recolors, but in actuality, these just started out as some scribbles on DAmuro, and then i turned them into something. No, i don't draw like tobi or draci, but that doesn't give you the right to basically call it bad, because that's what you did, but you did it in a nice way. But in all honesty jkid, i haven't seen you draw anything, so i can't possibly see how you're in a position to call my sketches "Bad" or whatever you call it. The only thing i like about your response is how you said it in a friendly way, and said what you didn't like about it, other than that i felt like you where being a friendly dick, if you know what i mean by that.

Quote from: Jordan teh Echidna on August 28, 2012, 05:51:19 AM
Wow, these are good =D

Don't listen to them saying it's not good or it's rushed.
Sketchy art is an art style too :I It doesn't means it's sloppy, or rushed. It shows the lines you put into it and you trying to perfect previous lines.
I don't really care what they are or they aren't. It doesn't NEED to be anything! If it's just something random, then good!

>Getting criticism from a guy who does shitty recolours. "Effort and time" lolwut.

Jkid, you don't know sketchy art~
Me, Tobi and Maddie all draw in the same way :3

Thank you.

/rantover

jkid101094

Quote from: NazoUN on August 28, 2012, 06:23:21 AM
Jkid, you've honestly haven't seen the sketch side of art, it doesn't have to be completely finished to look good, to some people, this is finished. I haven't seen you draw anything, but if you can, be my guest. You get a little less cruel response because you don't make shit recolors, but in actuality, these just started out as some scribbles on DAmuro, and then i turned them into something. No, i don't draw like tobi or draci, but that doesn't give you the right to basically call it bad, because that's what you did, but you did it in a nice way. But in all honesty jkid, i haven't seen you draw anything, so i can't possibly see how you're in a position to call my sketches "Bad" or whatever you call it. The only thing i like about your response is how you said it in a friendly way, and said what you didn't like about it, other than that i felt like you where being a friendly dick, if you know what i mean by that.
Oh, I know what you mean. All I did was give my honest opinion. I'm not the greatest artist in the world but I think I have the right to an opinion.

Maybe I don't know what you mean by sketch art. When I think of sketches it think of a non-finished product or something as a base. I believe you mean doodle instead but even then it looks like you took crayons, turned them on their side and rubbed them against the paper. I understand some people like that sort of thing but I personally don't and as your friend I want to give you my honest opinion about things. Sugar coating only leads to you quitting further down the line because there are other people who won't say it as nicely as I am. There are many ways for you to improve and I, for one, would like to see you do so.

If you need to practice try tracing. I know it sounds stupid and tracers are generally looked down upon but tracing really does help you place body parts and other such things. You also said you don't know what you even drew and, in my opinion, that's not really a good thing. I think you should have at least some idea about what you want to draw before you do it, whether or not you want it to be abstract. I guess my main problem with your pictures is that they really show that you didn't have a plan for what you wanted them to be.

That's just my two cents, from brother to brother. I'm not Draco or Pablo Picasso but I'm at least a decent artist, in my humble opinion.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 28, 2012, 06:40:44 AM
Maybe I don't know what you mean by sketch art. When I think of sketches it think of a non-finished product or something as a base. I believe you mean doodle instead but even then it looks like you took crayons, turned them on their side and rubbed them against the paper.

So what i get out of this is that you think it looks like a first grader drew it.

Sugar coating only leads to you quitting further down the line because there are other people who won't say it as nicely as I am.

I feel as if you're sugar coating it right now anyway, again, trying to be a friendly dick.

If you need to practice try tracing. I know it sounds stupid and tracers are generally looked down upon but tracing really does help you place body parts and other such things.

No, i'm not going to trace, never in hell am i going to trace. If i need to figure out where to place body parts i'll use a wireframe like i do for my real drawings.

That's just my two cents, from brother to brother. I'm not Draco or Pablo Picasso

You're damn right you're not.

jkid101094

Quote from: NazoUN on August 28, 2012, 07:04:10 AM
So what i get out of this is that you think it looks like a first grader drew it.
More like a kinder gardener but yeah.

I feel as if you're sugar coating it right now anyway, again, trying to be a friendly dick.
I'm not trying to be a dick at all. I'm trying to offer my honest opinion and you're apparently ignoring it.

No, i'm not going to trace, never in hell am i going to trace. If i need to figure out where to place body parts i'll use a wireframe like i do for my real drawings.
Then you do what you think'll help you. Tracing was how I started.

You're damn right you're not.
And then you completely ignore the part that actually matters.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 28, 2012, 07:10:33 AM
More like a kinder gardener but yeah.

Well fuck you too.

I'm not trying to be a dick at all. I'm trying to offer my honest opinion and you're apparently ignoring it.

I'm not ignoring it, i just don't like the way that you're saying it. You're trying to give an honest opinion while sugarcoating it too.

Then you do what you think'll help you. Tracing was how I started.

Well good for you.

And then you completely ignore the part that actually matters.

Because i didn't respond to the important parts, doesn't mean that i didn't read them and understand the point you're trying to get across.

jkid101094

Quote from: NazoUN on August 28, 2012, 07:23:08 AM
I'm not ignoring it, i just don't like the way that you're saying it. You're trying to give an honest opinion while sugarcoating it too.
Would you rather have me kiss your ass and lie to you saying I loved it or would you rather me take it out of hand and say things I don't mean?

Seriously, if I was sugar coating it I'd be telling you I loved it, which I don't. I'm trying to, as your friend, give you tips that I know to improve and giving my honest support. I hate when people tell me something is good just to make me happy so I prefer not doing that to other people.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 28, 2012, 07:30:21 AM
Would you rather have me kiss your ass and lie to you saying I loved it or would you rather me take it out of hand and say things I don't mean?

You're doing both.

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 28, 2012, 07:30:21 AM
Seriously, if I was sugar coating it I'd be telling you I loved it, which I don't. I'm trying to, as your friend, give you tips that I know to improve and giving my honest support.

And i understand and appreciate it, but the way you're going about it is...
Less than desirable.

What you're doing is basically saying "You suck at what you're doing, i don't like it, now here's how i did it", at least that's how i see it.

jkid101094

Quote from: NazoUN on August 28, 2012, 07:35:53 AM
you're doing is basically saying "You suck at what you're doing, i don't like it, now here's how i did it", at least that's how i see it.
Well that isn't how I mean it and I apologize.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

LeaflameSD

'Getting criticism from a guy who does shitty recolours. "Effort and time" lolwut'
I hate you...  >:(

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: LeaflameSD on August 28, 2012, 08:10:58 AM
'Getting criticism from a guy who does shitty recolours. "Effort and time" lolwut'
I hate you...  >:(

It's true.

LeaflameSD

Quote from: NazoUN on August 28, 2012, 08:25:57 AM
It's true.
Well, whatever. In the end, you just learn to ignore, and everybody gets off your back. And I did come up with a new 'anime' like character, but I'm err... using a ball mouse and don't have a scanner so... I'll pass.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: LeaflameSD on August 31, 2012, 11:24:57 AM
Well, whatever. In the end, you just learn to ignore, and everybody gets off your back. And I did come up with a new 'anime' like character, but I'm err... using a ball mouse and don't have a scanner so... I'll pass.

No excuse, i can draw with a ballmouse just fine.

Princessofthechaosemerald

LeaflameSD

Quote from: NazoUN on August 31, 2012, 12:30:38 PM
No excuse, i can draw with a ballmouse just fine.
What planet are YOU in? Whenever I draw with a ballmouse, the cursor moves ridiculously slow, and well, that's not my style. In actual fact I prefer pen and paper to digital art.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: LeaflameSD on August 31, 2012, 10:46:16 PM
What planet are YOU in? Whenever I draw with a ballmouse, the cursor moves ridiculously slow, and well, that's not my style. In actual fact I prefer pen and paper to digital art.

I never said i preferred it, i said i CAN.