sonic free riders may be bad but growing up with it i have nostalgia

Started by Sammyjammylammy, November 21, 2019, 07:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyjammylammy

Let me make this short, yes you can't turn in this game yes the story is trash, but as a kid seeing sonic race and standing in front of the screen was pretty much all i played. at the time all i had was kinect sports games and lego star wars the complete saga the 360 was my childhood introduction to gaming. in sonic free riders the intro cutscene is amazing and gets you blood pumping for whats to come. Even as a kid I remember spending up to 30 minutes shuffling slowly through the terrible menus trying to buy new boards in the shop and waiting forever for my sister to struggle just to select a character. You pretty much can't turn in game, but when you bump the wall it auto fixes your direction so that you don't waste time trying to turn. The devs for the game probably had a working demo, but they couldn't turn sharp enough on the turns so they made it so the game does that for you. So even if little sammy sucks at mariocart or other racing games he can excel at free riders, cause all you do is stand oddly in front of the screen doing the hand and body motion. even if it doesn't matter if he does this it gives him satisfaction when he wins and considering the only other game he has completed is lego star wars the complete saga where you have infinite lives and you don't get punished for dying it is satisfying. :)

BlueStar1