Nintendo Readying Big Announcement Next Month?

Started by Tanassy, August 23, 2011, 01:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

Source

According to a collection of rumours rounded-up by Andriasang, Nintendo will make a big announcement on 13th September.
A Japanese analyst told Bloomberg that Nintendo share prices had increased on the back of reports of a 3DS-related event to take place on 13th September, two days before the Tokyo Games Show where Nintendo once again will have no major presence.
There's no real clue as to what the announcement could be, but as always rumours suggest an 'extremely big' game will be revealed for the first time.
The rumour mirrors last year's excitement around the 29th September reveal of the 3DS price and release date.
Nintendo has not announced any press conference or media event for this date but we'll keep you informed.

______

Anyone got any ideas on what this might be?

Fiamonder

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

Tanassy

Quote from: Fiamonder on August 23, 2011, 02:23:03 AM
New Super Smash Brothers.
It's definitely a possibility. Other articles suggest it's going to be something "Huge". Others have reported rumors Nintendo is making a second circle pad for the 3DS.. I hope to god that isn't the case.

Fiamonder

Well think about it, SSB has made a big part of Nintendo's gaming history, it's almost all characters in one game, and it's one of the main events Nintendo has other than a new Mario and Link game, but I doubt that they'll announce that since they're both already getting confirmed games.

But I also got my hopes too high up with the Wii U announcement... It was only them showing the controller function and I was dissapointed with it's name.

Tanassy

Quote from: Fiamonder on August 23, 2011, 03:52:32 AM
Well think about it, SSB has made a big part of Nintendo's gaming history, it's almost all characters in one game, and it's one of the main events Nintendo has other than a new Mario and Link game, but I doubt that they'll announce that since they're both already getting confirmed games.

But I also got my hopes too high up with the Wii U announcement... It was only them showing the controller function and I was dissapointed with it's name.
I don't think it's going to be a Wii U announcement, so I guess it could be smash related.

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana Riko~ on August 23, 2011, 01:30:36 AM
Source

According to a collection of rumours rounded-up by Andriasang, Nintendo will make a big announcement on 13th September.
A Japanese analyst told Bloomberg that Nintendo share prices had increased on the back of reports of a 3DS-related event to take place on 13th September, two days before the Tokyo Games Show where Nintendo once again will have no major presence.
There's no real clue as to what the announcement could be, but as always rumours suggest an 'extremely big' game will be revealed for the first time.
The rumour mirrors last year's excitement around the 29th September reveal of the 3DS price and release date.
Nintendo has not announced any press conference or media event for this date but we'll keep you informed.

______

Anyone got any ideas on what this might be?
I know what it is, or at least have a good idea.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

~Bubblicious~

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 23, 2011, 04:47:19 AM
I know what it is, or at least have a good idea.

Well instead of remaining silent you should tell us =)
~
I'm thinking along the lines of another SSB myself, unless they're opening a whole new franchise? I'd love to see any new content Nintendo can come up with. These people have brought us so much as it is with the titles we're already familiar with, why not launch into a whole new world with them? =]

jkid101094

Quote from: TobiTheGoodGirl on August 23, 2011, 04:50:35 AM
Well instead of remaining silent you should tell us =)
~
I'm thinking along the lines of another SSB myself, unless they're opening a whole new franchise? I'd love to see any new content Nintendo can come up with. These people have brought us so much as it is with the titles we're already familiar with, why not launch into a whole new world with them? =]
Well, the main thing on my mind is Smash. I dunno why I thought I was the first post in this topic but if it IS Smash I know people are going to rub it in. xD

Another thought on my mind? Well, little did you guys know this is also the 25th anniversary of another franchise I know and love very dearly, but it was overshadowed by LoZ. Wanna take a guess?

Samus needs a new game. Apparently Other M sucked and her birthday was completely ignored. I still remembered you, Samus! <333

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

To be fair... Metroid hasn't really had the cultural impact Mario or Zelda has.

But I would buy that. I would buy the hell out of that.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 23, 2011, 04:57:34 AM
Well, the main thing on my mind is Smash. I dunno why I thought I was the first post in this topic but if it IS Smash I know people are going to rub it in. xD

Another thought on my mind? Well, little did you guys know this is also the 25th anniversary of another franchise I know and love very dearly, but it was overshadowed by LoZ. Wanna take a guess?

Samus needs a new game. Apparently Other M sucked and her birthday was completely ignored. I still remembered you, Samus! <333
I was totally waiting for this to come up. We do need a new Metroid game. Nintendo didn't do a thing for Metroid's 25th and that sucked major nuts.

Then again I also agree with Tobi, we need something new from the big N.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 23, 2011, 05:02:31 AM
To be fair... Metroid hasn't really had the cultural impact Mario or Zelda has.

But I would buy that. I would buy the hell out of that.
True, true. But if it weren't for Samus, playing as a chick may have never become cool. :P

Quote from: Tana Riko~ on August 23, 2011, 05:02:44 AM
I was totally waiting for this to come up. We do need a new Metroid game. Nintendo didn't do a thing for Metroid's 25th and that sucked major nuts.

Then again I also agree with Tobi, we need something new from the big N.
Well then I'm glad I said it. :3
And I wish they would. I was hoping that the Club Nintendo prize would be a Metroid or Zelda figure, but noooo. We got buttons. >.>

Samus is to Nintendo what Megaman is to Capcom. The just as beautiful yet still unloved step-child.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Fiamonder

Of course, Metroid... How could I forget that one.

jkid101094

Quote from: Fiamonder on August 23, 2011, 05:20:03 AM
Of course, Metroid... How could I forget that one.
I believe it's also the 25th of the Ice Climbers. Guess who's way overdue for a new game?

Edit: NVM. Theirs was apparently in 2010.

Edit 2: It IS Kid Icarus' 25th, though. That may be why he was in Brawl. To see if he was still interesting enough to get a new game. ;P

Edit 3: http://www.serebii.net/ssbb/allstar.shtml

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Obviously it wont be Super Smash...
but my guess is, that it has got something to do with the Wii U. (Which they really have to rename..)

Like, if they plan on releasing the thing with current announced Games for it, they REALLY have to start presenting the thing.
E3 '12 might be too late.

Nintendo doesnt have a 2-Year Cycle in Franchises, so i doubt its Metroid.

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 23, 2011, 05:21:49 AM
I believe it's also the 25th of the Ice Climbers. Guess who's way overdue for a new game?

Edit: NVM. Theirs was apparently in 2010.

Edit 2: It IS Kid Icarus' 25th, though. That may be why he was in Brawl. To see if he was still interesting enough to get a new game. ;P

That WAS why he was in Brawl. And he got a new Game...

jkid101094

Quote from: The Lovely Kyo~ on August 23, 2011, 05:25:53 AM
And he got a new Game...
I know, that was my main argument on why SSB4 wasn't in development yet.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.