Crysis, to be re-released on XBLA and PSN.

Started by Tanassy, September 09, 2011, 08:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

http://au.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/119/1193440p1.html

I never thought this game would ever make it onto console, honestly. Especially ported in it's entirety onto the newer Cryengine 3.
Kind of sucks there's no PC release, however. Maybe it would actually be runnable.

SmashFinale

looks to damn good to re-release it on the PC. I have no clue why they would put it on PSN or 360 though...

shadowDOESrock

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 09, 2011, 09:00:42 AM
looks to damn good to re-release it on the PC. I have no clue why they would put it on PSN or 360 though...
Too good? For PC? What? This is basically just the first game on the second's engine. And the second looks fantastic and runs well on mid-range PC's and has DX11 support. I.e it looks 2x better than on goddamn upscaled resolution, cut framerate consoles. I mean, it doesn't compare in optimization to much else, but, to say this is "too good for PC", assuming it would be better on console? That's just ridiculous.
besides, I don't even.. alot of people raged in the first place when the sequel was console'd. You can imagine what's going to happen.

Edit-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ripywp6C5aE&feature=relmfu
Look at this. it tells you how far behind consoles really are in technology. I know the title has nothing to do with this, but it is more than that.

Proto_Blaze

wow I have known about this for months lol... though I always assumed it would be on disc... XBL and PSN is a big surprise to me

SmashFinale

i meant it did too damn well on the PC the first time to re-release a second time. I just dont want to see a console port for this series, but it's too late now

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 09, 2011, 10:19:13 AM
i meant it did too damn well on the PC the first time to re-release a second time. I just dont want to see a console port for this series, but it's too late now
Not to mention it looks worse..

Hakudamashi

Do you remember when there were PC exclusive games?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Here, why not have 20?

Let's not forget the good ol' indies like Amnesia, Hard Reset, Terraria, Sanctum, and more.

And the added depth of the PC experience being in huge modding communities, even adding huge amounts of exclusive content to the multiplatform area.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy