Xbox Durango; Info's Leak - Does the same thing as the PS Orbis.

Started by shadowDOESrock, April 02, 2012, 02:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/02/xbox-720-detailed-blu-ray-inside-always-on-netcon-required/

...so, the only ones without constant internet connection are nintendo and their wii u.
atleast the games arent tied to an account.

Tana's gonna love how everyone now uses AMD. lol.

Supersonic196

Because mandatory internet connections have always worked so well.

And a built in kinect... What were they thinking...

Tanassy

Always on internet can go fucking die in a hole. Why create a console that REQUIRES internet? Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose a console is for? What ever happened to casual gaming-room gaming?

Yeah, this is MS we're talking about. I don't mind built in Kinect, and I think it's clever the system will have dedicated CPUs for certain functions, but two seperate non-crossfire GPUs? I mean, is Microsoft stupid, really?

This and having to pay extra just to use disks for games makes me angry. Don't get too excited about me ever touching this console, cuz I probably won't be. But as for the Orbis, I'll probably be writing some strongly worded letters...

Supersonic196

At least Nintendo still has some sanity. If Sony and Microsoft's plans are the future of gaming I want nothing to do with it. :\

I think they've noticed the rise in social networking, so they want to tack that onto their systems to draw in the nongamer crowd. A terrible idea, but a great money maker.

Tanassy

Tanassy

At least Nintendo will still allow me to take a console with me to a place that has no internet and be able to play multiplayer games locally with friends. That was my childhood, man. Playing games with friends without the burdens of the internet.. is was always, "What should we play next?" "Let's play ____!" *Pops in a catridge and game immediately starts up*

Elija2

I guess I'll be getting a Wii U or a powerful PC next gen.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 02, 2012, 07:13:37 AM
At least Nintendo will still allow me to take a console with me to a place that has no internet and be able to play multiplayer games locally with friends. That was my childhood, man. Playing games with friends without the burdens of the internet.. is was always, "What should we play next?" "Let's play ____!" *Pops in a catridge and game immediately starts up*
Exactly, And to some degree, the ability to play online has really ruined the multiplayer experience, nobody goes over to a friend's house anymore because they can just play online, the friendly banter and the overall hospitable atmosphere is lost, and it's like you're playing a more estranged version of your friends.

I bought a gamecube, and I can say for certain I've had more fun playing multiplayer on that than on the wii or 3ds, despite both consoles having some games with top notch online. I mean, I like playing online, it's always fun to take on the world. But sometimes you just need to slow down, and unplug for a bit. I don't want to be connected to everyone at all times.

Tanassy

Yeah, I still have my friends over the play things like MK7 locally instead of online, even though online is an option. Online just makes you feel so detached from your friends even though they're right there. Even vs-ing random people online isn't as good as say, going to a tourney or something. You never make friends in random online games.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 02, 2012, 07:49:51 AM
Yeah, I still have my friends over the play things like MK7 locally instead of online, even though online is an option. Online just makes you feel so detached from your friends even though they're right there. Even vs-ing random people online isn't as good as say, going to a tourney or something. You never make friends in random online games.
Local tourney's are much better than online...

but... i fear Nintendo will do the same thing once Wii U comes out...

Tanassy

If they do, then I'm sticking with PC gaming and older consoles.

like, I'm not even kidding. I'll give up on consoles entirely.

Supersonic196

Nintendo wouldn't do that smash. While they are trying hard to improve their online play, they made it very apparent they were focusing on improving the local multiplayer as well.

SmashFinale

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 02, 2012, 08:08:51 AM
Nintendo wouldn't do that smash. While they are trying hard to improve their online play, they made it very apparent they were focusing on improving the local multiplayer as well.
... i cant be to sure, if there is one thing i know, it's that power can go to one's head.
But this IS Nintendo we are talking about so i guess there isnt much to worry about.

Tanassy

Supersonic196

Tanassy

more ranting--

You know how worked up I am about shit like this.

Hakudamashi

Internet required all the time? Give me 5 good reasons why I shouldn't just buy a gaming PC instead? =/
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

Quote from: windlessusher on April 02, 2012, 01:30:40 PM
Internet required all the time? Give me 5 good reasons why I shouldn't just buy a gaming PC instead? =/
Well, if you bought either one of them, you can buy Sony or Microsoft's clone of the WiiU, 5 years after launch. -shot-

Mikey

Tanassy

Quote from: MikeyLevi on April 02, 2012, 04:44:47 PM
The PS4 is also supposed to have 24 cores.

Yeah, this is bullshit. Most PCs don't have this much. The highest available entheusiast CPUs are about 8 cores, and even then, it's overkill.

If it had 24 CPU cores it'd be like, $7000

Unless each core was less than like, 500MHz. But that would be pointless and incredibly inefficient.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 02, 2012, 09:13:42 PM
Unless each core was less than like, 500MHz. But that would be pointless and incredibly inefficient.
Thus began the "Core Wars".

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Mikey

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 02, 2012, 09:13:42 PM
Yeah, this is bullshit. Most PCs don't have this much. The highest available entheusiast CPUs are about 8 cores, and even then, it's overkill.

If it had 24 CPU cores it'd be like, $7000

Hey man, tell /v/ that. I tried telling them the same thing only to be banned shortly afterwards.

Tanassy

Quote from: MikeyLevi on April 04, 2012, 01:21:05 AM
Hey man, tell /v/ that. I tried telling them the same thing only to be banned shortly afterwards.

That's like trying to tell a child candy is disgusting.

Trying to tell a retard about logic will never work, you'll always end up in the shit.

shadowDOESrock

A Microsoft patent would seem to make an Xbox controller capable of identifying its user (and their profile) based solely on hand pressure, which apparently is quite unique to each individual.

According to the patent;

QuoteA hand-held device having a body with a pressure-sensitive exterior surface. At least a portion of the pressure-sensitive exterior surface is designed to be grasped by a user's hand. The pressure-sensitive surface contains a plurality of pressure sensors operative to provide an output signal proportional to a pressure applied by the user's hands to the exterior surface of the hand-held device at the area the pressure sensor is located. The device also includes a memory for storing the output signals provided by the plurality of pressure sensors and a processor for comparing the output signals provided by the plurality of pressure sensors against stored pressure profile signatures for positively identifying the user.

Translated, it seems the controller would be designed to recognize which player is using the controller and could tailor the game experience accordingly.

Neat.

So, is this the controller for the next big thing or maybe just a new version of the 360 controller?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 09, 2012, 01:36:48 PM

A Microsoft patent would seem to make an Xbox controller capable of identifying its user (and their profile) based solely on hand pressure, which apparently is quite unique to each individual.

According to the patent;

Translated, it seems the controller would be designed to recognize which player is using the controller and could tailor the game experience accordingly.

Neat.

So, is this the controller for the next big thing or maybe just a new version of the 360 controller?
How does that even work?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

TheGameNinja

I don't really see the point. I mean... it could be interesting for horror games. It could tell the game how tense you were and time the scares. I just imagine there being games where you have to squeeze the controller harder. And the 360 controller makes my hands sweat a little. I can see the controller shooting out of my hands. XD

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 10, 2012, 03:38:33 AM
I don't really see the point. I mean... it could be interesting for horror games. It could tell the game how tense you were and time the scares. I just imagine there being games where you have to squeeze the controller harder. And the 360 controller makes my hands sweat a little. I can see the controller shooting out of my hands. XD
Like the Nintendo vital sensor? That could be cool. What was that game that had a sanity meter and made things wigged out the more insane you became? If that shit was made for use with this that'd be awesome.

However, I can't really think of a reason to use this for anything else that a menu or the Kinnect couldn't simply solve.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.