Worlds smallest country for sale

Started by ChaosDazer, February 05, 2009, 04:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristomaster

Quote from: windlessusher on March 29, 2009, 03:54:10 AM
I bid OVER 9000 PEZOS!!!!!

WOW! That's "much", really "much". It had been cool to have a own country...
What would SEGA be without Sonic? I don't know XP
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Kristomaster on March 29, 2009, 09:26:07 AM
WOW! That's "much", really "much". It had been cool to have a own country...
9000 pezos=about $3 :P
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

PileOPapers

Cool, I'd buy it. IF I HAD TEH MUNNAY!!! >:(

Kristomaster

Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

SonicKamikaze

even so i really dont see how that could be considerd a country
peloep say taht you can raed any thnig as lnog as the frsit and lsat ltertes are in the smae pacle.

Kristomaster

Quote from: SonicKamikaze on April 09, 2009, 09:23:27 AM
even so i really dont see how that could be considerd a country
It's quite simple actually, it can be considered as a country because... um... I FORGOT! Lol.
I bid 1'000'000 pesetos!
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

carocca1

Quote from: simnys978 on March 12, 2009, 09:29:19 AM
well its world smallest country so i would say...........small ;)
hahaha its like an obius thing is you can read the top of the page
Re: Worlds smallest country for sale
how do i put an image here ????

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: chaos101 on February 05, 2009, 04:57:53 AM
http://hubpages.com/hub/For_Sale_Principality_of_Sealand

Quote:

Following the end of World War II (the 1939-45 war as it is known outside the U.S.), The Royal Navy abandoned the fort leaving it to sit alone and untended in, what was then, international waters approximately seven miles off the east coast of England.

Like many of his fellow countrymen, chafing under the stifling regulations and confiscatory taxes of pre-Thatcher Britain, a retired Major in the British Army and so-called pirate broadcaster by the name of Roy Bates moved to the island in 1966. At that time the British Broadcasting Corporation was a government monopoly that controlled all broadcasting in the United Kingdom. Because there existed a large audience of consumers who longed for more choice in their radio offerings as well as businesses who wished to reach this audience with advertising (which was not allowed by the BBC), a number of entrepreneurs attempted to fill this, rather large, market by setting up so called pirate radio stations which broadcast, without a license, from ships off shore or from other abandoned World War II platforms. After having his station, which had operated from a tower closer to shore, forcefully shut down by the police, Bates moved further out to Rough Tower and attempted to resume broadcasting. He was again arrested and charged with violating the British broadcast laws.

In 1967, taking advantage of the fact that Rough Tower lay outside British territorial waters, Major Bates designed a flag and proclaimed Rough Tower to be the Principality of Sealand, a sovereign nation with himself as Prince. Although he never got the radio station going again, he has made money selling Sealand passports and titles of nobility (both of which have proved popular but neither of which are recognized as valid outside of Sealand). Sealand has also attracted an Internet company which decided to escape the prying eyes of bureaucrats locating its servers on Sealand.....

Lulz.

:o w...w..wut? Didn't get anything, its so confusing? So why is now a real Country?! Anyone could buy land and say i'm the prince of this, this is a contry! AMEN!

JetTheHawk

Quote from: shadowDOESrock on April 20, 2009, 01:21:34 PM
:o w...w..wut? Didn't get anything, its so confusing? So why is now a real Country?! Anyone could buy land and say i'm the prince of this, this is a contry! AMEN!
lol even if its small it still costs alot
NO SIGNATURE

Gleech

I'll buy it with all the money in my pocket right now! *looks in pocket* $0.00! That's enough to buy it from all you! >:D

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

runegames