Yahoo says sonic should retire!!!

Started by Proto_Blaze, December 29, 2008, 11:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proto_Blaze

Remember when Sonic was awesome? Neither do we. We're not sure what's more puzzling -- the fact that they keep making terrible Sonic games, or the fact that Sega keeps using the tired blue blur as its official mascot. Other than the recent role-playing game Sonic Chronicles, there hasn't been a truly fun Sonic game in about a decade. That's about nine years too long. Speed kills.
...Jerks

Source
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/five-game-franchises-to-put-to-rest/1276226

Elija2

*gasp*

Well, it's not like we haven't heard the same thing before, right?

Proto_Blaze

Gleech

...they fail... >_>

seriously, why dont they see the GOOD in the games?! They only look at the bad! Ok Next Gen there was A LOT of bad, so you really couldnt see much good, but seriously...

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

Elija2

Secret Rings and Unleashed were alright games. But they probably hate the games because they're not "true Sonic games". But I admit the series could do without the werehog and the... storybook storyline. I have no idea where Sega got that idea.

Gleech

i can kinda see werehog, but yeah storybook...? I also hate how people blast unleashed, mainly because it isnt perfect >_>'

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

Gilly

I don't like seeing these things.
I hate peopel who just want Sonic games to come to a complete end.

SonicFan47

Quote from: Gleech on December 29, 2008, 12:22:02 PM
...they fail... >_>

seriously, why dont they see the GOOD in the games?! They only look at the bad! Ok Next Gen there was A LOT of bad, so you really couldnt see much good, but seriously...

I agree.  Even a lot of the fans only focus on the bad in the games. Granted, some of them stick out like a sore thumb, but just look at all of the...um...NON-sore-thumb-like parts in the games.

Like '06; it really isn't as bad as the reviews say it is (but I''ve only played it for 10 or 15 minutes...)
Neither is Unleashed, neither is Secret Rings, and neither will be the next one.

I say TO HECK WITH THE REVIEWS!  THESE GAMES ARE GOOD! BE AN OPTOMIST!
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

Indiman

Quote from: Proto_Blaze on December 29, 2008, 11:03:17 AM
Remember when Sonic was awesome? Neither do we. We're not sure what's more puzzling -- the fact that they keep making terrible Sonic games, or the fact that Sega keeps using the tired blue blur as its official mascot. Other than the recent role-playing game Sonic Chronicles, there hasn't been a truly fun Sonic game in about a decade. That's about nine years too long. Speed kills.
...Jerks

Source
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/five-game-franchises-to-put-to-rest/1276226
I saw that yesterday I am PISSED. Why do they say Sonic Unleashed is bad? Well just cuz of the past games that they hate, theyre gonna hate EVERY SINGLE sonic game now. The people shall never like sonic again. And I agree with Sonic Fan 47 F*** THE REVIEWS THE GAMES ARE GOOD!

Proto_Blaze

Quote from: HyperDarkspines on December 30, 2008, 11:19:44 AM
I saw that yesterday I am PISSED. Why do they say Sonic Unleashed is bad? Well just cuz of the past games that they hate, theyre gonna hate EVERY SINGLE sonic game now. The people shall never like sonic again. And I agree with Sonic Fan 47 F*** THE REVIEWS THE GAMES ARE GOOD!

... do u need a hug?

Indiman

Quote from: Proto_Blaze on December 30, 2008, 03:49:37 PM
... do u need a hug?
Nah not really lol. I'm not THAT pissed cuz im used to people thinking sonic is dumb now :(

darkness shadow

yahoo, suff ur review where the sun don't shine, UNLEASHED IS AWESOME!!!, heroes is good, secret rings only has a problem with the controls, otherwize it's ok! sonic is not going down! not yet, anyway
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

ShadowsOfSilver

I hate them. >___>

I mean, WHY DO ALOT OF PPL HATE SONIC? There is NOTHING wrong with the games AT ALL.

>____________________________________________________________________________________>

The Meph's back in da hawz

loopdeer

They should make a sonic game like when sonic adventure 1-2 were made or the gameboy time. The games now are starting to lack the normal sonic stuff.

SonicFan47

Quote from: loopdeer on January 01, 2009, 06:58:01 AM
They should make a sonic game like when sonic adventure 1-2 were made or the gameboy time. The games now are starting to lack the normal sonic stuff.

lulz.
When I first read that, I thought it said that they should make a sonic game like sonic adventure 1-2 on the game boy.
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P