Zenimax Media.. Vs. Notch?

Started by Tanassy, August 10, 2011, 10:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

Elder Scrolls vs. Minecraft dev: "scrolls" is our word

"ZeniMax Media publishes a series of role-playing games called The Elder Scrolls, developed by Bethesda Software; the fifth such game, Skyrim, will be released this November. Mojang, the indie studio behind Minecraft, is currently developing a collectible card-style game called Scrolls. Confused by the similarity between "The Elder Scrolls" and "Scrolls"? No? Well, ZeniMax believes that you and other consumers might just be. It has filed a lawsuit against Mojang, claiming that the developer has infringed upon The Elder Scrolls trademark."

Hakudamashi

Isn't scrolls just a common word in the dictionary? Can you really file a lawsuit against someone for using an English word?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

~Bubblicious~

I'm going to sue every person out there that uses the word girl now because that's in my username. Ya know, they might get confused and all.

Ioshyriku

that's kinda retarded, isn't a scroll some kind of paper thingy, a real word? why would someone be confused about that, are they making ElderScroll 5 for 4yr olds?
Still I really like Notch's idea, http://notch.tumblr.com/post/9038258448/hey-bethesda-lets-settle-this
people should do stuff like that more often

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

darkness shadow

Quote from: windlessusher on August 17, 2011, 06:15:52 AM
Lol quake match
lol if you want, but i wished world leaders would sort their problems like this, using video games. it'd be cheaper, there would be no deaths so yeah...

but anywayz, suing notch and mojang for "scrolls" that had to be the most drastic and retarded idea i've ever heard
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Hakudamashi

I said lol cause it was Quake
I was thinking more along the lines of Mortal Kombat because punching is involved, but maybe I'm not thinking about this right...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

I think the Quake match is a good idea. :3

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Ioshyriku on August 17, 2011, 06:06:11 AM
that's kinda retarded, isn't a scroll some kind of paper thingy, a real word? why would someone be confused about that, are they making ElderScroll 5 for 4yr olds?
Still I really like Notch's idea, http://notch.tumblr.com/post/9038258448/hey-bethesda-lets-settle-this
people should do stuff like that more often
That just made my day.  xDD

I hope that ZeniMax gets their heads screwed on straight.
They didn't come up with that word.

Also...
Quote from: TobiTheGoodGirl on August 17, 2011, 06:04:12 AM
I'm going to sue every person out there that uses the word girl now because that's in my username. Ya know, they might get confused and all.
xDDD

Tanassy

Oh, and..
Quote from: Ioshyriku on August 17, 2011, 06:06:11 AM
paper thingy

Heck, it can even be food. Om nom.