Post your PC pictures

Started by sonicmaddave, December 04, 2009, 04:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

good u managed to fix ur comp :D

i also got a new fan because my mb was heating up heaps. all fixed now i have about 5 fans lol.

sonicmaddave

Is your computer actually noisy with 5 fans? :P

Tanassy

its actually pretty good, just a little above average which doesnt bother me when i think about the performance im getting :P

sonicmaddave

Ah right cool well I am obsessed about my PC being quiet, all fans only give off a slight hum, and you can hear the HDD being accessed, but it's not too loud, I have to rely on the blue HDD light being lit in noisy situations. :P

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on January 08, 2010, 02:29:47 AM
Well I had some downtime while the forum was down as well, due to my own problems, my CPU had failed, so I replaced it with a Sempron, and all being well the PC works again. It seems to be running just as good with the Sempron.

Moved my desk now the PC is repaired. Here is the computer in it's new location.

Inside the PC. I removed the Gigabyte branded fan from the rear to the front, as it is very quiet yet has lots of airflow, and added a 80mm Foxconn fan from the CPU cooler to the rear. The Foxconn fan is noisy, however I added a PCI fan speed cooler to it, to turn it down to a quiet level.

Quiet intake fan

Was noisy, now quiet exhaust fan. Even though it has been silenced with a variable fan speed adjuster, it still gives off a lot of air flow and the PC runs even cooler than ever before.
wish I could mod my computer, i don't dare to since i always screw them up

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on January 08, 2010, 07:29:35 AM
wish I could mod my computer, i don't dare to since i always screw them up

It's actually easy when you get used to it, I had experience from toying about with an old Compaq Presario desktop from the late 90s. I learned all the different parts and gained experience like that, so I was self-taught in this stuff. I am also self-taught when it came to electrical stuff, but to get qualifications I had to go to college anyway. ;)

A few pics of my computer during the wait for repairs:

On the dining room table, waiting for the part. That's why you see a pair of socks which happen to be mine.  :-[

The HDD has to be forward a little bit due to the front fan, therefore causing a tight fit between the HDD and the CPU fan. HDD is a Western Digital Caviar Blue.

The processor gets installed in this, and the heatsink gets installed on top. The heatsink takes heat from the processor and dissipates it away from the processor to prevent damage. ;)

Thats the new processor installed with the fan over it, so you can't see it. :P

Neat cabling for the front, fan connection and HDD cable. :P

Final shot, the computer getting the HDD wiped when XP is getting reinstalled. The HDD LED is lit up in the pic. :P

Fiamonder

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

sonicmaddave

I didn't have enough money to buy windows 7, I don't have a powerful CPU and I needed the money to get my clutch recalibrated in my car which was not cheap. :o

Tanassy

imma download 7 and try it out before spending 300 bucks :P

sonicmaddave

I just never bothered upgrading really. :P

Thats my CPU and sytem temp when I have been playing a game. I was playign Earthbound using the SNES emulator. The system temperature and CPU temp had risen a little, the CPU only by 2 degrees. It typically idles at 30-31 degrees, and the CPU fan runs under 2000RPM then. :P

Screenshot is of Gigabyte Easytune5 motherboard monitoring software. ;)

Tanassy

my motherboard fucked up a bit just a few weeks ago. it was heating up to 60?C, had to pull things apart and re-arrange them... my computer kept FREEZING (LOL) at that temperature 

sonicmaddave

what kind motherboard do you have? I use a Gigabyte motherboard, it was the cheapest decent board I could find yet it was the best board I ever owned. XD

Tanassy

Not quite sure atm how do i find out?

sonicmaddave

I only know my motherboard make because I purchased and remember who made it. :/ maybe device manager can tell you somewhere. XD

Tanassy