Sonic Zone Community UNITE!!!!

Started by Ritz190, December 21, 2010, 06:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ritz190

Well it may not seem like it, but I've been a member here for a few years now. I usually just lurk and look around at topics and stuff, but I've decided to post more often. For one, I'd like to propose a community project for this site. Sonic Wrecks has sprite comics, Sonic Retro has hacks and Sonic 2 HD (no idea when that will be done) and so on. I think with a lot of the talent that is here, we can make something huge and share with the rest of the Sonic fans, be it a fan game or what is up to popular vote...but this is nothing but a proposal and hopefully it will be strongly considered.
O.o

Supersonic196

Quote from: Ritz190 on December 21, 2010, 06:29:42 PM
Well it may not seem like it, but I've been a member here for a few years now. I usually just lurk and look around at topics and stuff, but I've decided to post more often. For one, I'd like to propose a community project for this site. Sonic Wrecks has sprite comics, Sonic Retro has hacks and Sonic 2 HD (no idea when that will be done) and so on. I think with a lot of the talent that is here, we can make something huge and share with the rest of the Sonic fans, be it a fan game or what is up to popular vote...but this is nothing but a proposal and hopefully it will be strongly considered.

UNITE!!! ok, i am so friggin in, i've made sprite comics in the past, so if it's one of those, i can do the art, and others can do the writing.

you should check out the sonic basement, they were one of my main inspirations for sprite comics... and i think i did a better job with the art, im gonna need help with the writing tho if we are to surpass them.

EDIT~

OH NOES! the sonic basement has been taken down! :(

ah well, less competition

sonic wrecks... tough competition....
their sprite comics are pretty poorly done imo,
its the writing that's good, maybe even great. the art... meh

anyhow, lets all chip in and make the best sprite comic evar!
we could even put *shudders* fan characters in it if the forum wants to do that :P
i could make the sprites

Ritz190

I wouldn't have a problem with fan characters personally if they do not severely corrupt the sonic universe (sega does a good job of doing that themselves anyway) I used to do some sprite editing myself as well so i can be of some use...also with with enough followers of the comic, we could make a fan game adaption! ooooh the endless possibilities! (see what i did thar?) but Lets do this thing! I'm totally in if we can get enough people on board. also, I do agree with the wrecks comics as of late.
O.o

Tanassy

I reckon we should think of, and do something a little more unique or diverse than sprite comics or fan games..

Supersonic196

Quote from: Deathwing~ on December 21, 2010, 09:07:18 PM
I reckon we should think of, and do something a little more unique or diverse than sprite comics or fan games..
What did you have in mind?

As far as i can see those are the only two options we have that would be a community effort, no, we are not starting a band.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

*puts away gun*

But srsly, i dont think that theres something that everyone
could be in on besides a comic or a fangame.

Ill make a poll tommorow, until then im goin to bed...
Has anybody ever read goin' and thought groin?

I have :P

Tanassy

What I had in mind was to think outside of the box. Not everyone can do games or comics, why not do a variety of things?

Ritz190

Well i Know fan games and comics aren't anything new...but that's why I suggested we start a sprite comic and link it with the fan game...but put great effort into this game and the comic. We must try to make something that stands out in style and execution. As much as I'd love to do something out of this world, I doubt a lot of members here could get on board with due to various limitations. I'll be looking out for that poll later on. Glad to see this got a positive reply.

On on hand, we have a comic. Now how this comic can be done ranges in multiple directions, but with enough effort and teamwork, something awesome could emerge from the depths of our minds

On the other hand, we have a game. Not just any "copy and past backgrounds and sprites" game, but something with heart...something that has an original touch. there are a number of engines floating around the internet...or folks who could build one and tweak it to our liking. point is, the list goes on despite the seemingly common mediums. we just gotta put the sonic zone spin on things.

O.o

Tanassy

Well having many engines really doesn't open up much for originality unless we have alot of skilled people put on the project, which to be honest we don't have many of. It'll be just.. another fangame.
Honestly, I usually overlook them.

But if you're really confident we can 'put the sonic zone spin' into this, then we need to gain some morale here.
I suppose we could start by writing for this soniczone comic/game, and I know for a fact there are VERY skilled writers floating about here.

Anyway, we should use this topic for a while just so people can put in some decent ideas. No jumping into development yet.

Ritz190

Agreed.
I think the engines issue can be settled easily, depending on the style of the game. Since the game would be based on the comic, it would be logical to start with the comic anyway. I'm a decent writer as well and have had many Sonic comic ideas. It's safe to say that it should be based on the games no doubt and IF fan characters were to even be considered in this, they should be worked into the story but not steal the show like most fanfics and such do. Citizens of Mobius or wherever is a good enough excuse to have them anyway. should be easy to link suggestions together with the proper structure if we know what we're going for.   
O.o

Skyle369

Well I could make sprite comics for the site, something like this...

One page per adventure thingy,

But you guys, the members will write and submit scripts for comics and I'll act them out in the comics. John could make a special page for those comics, with your hilarious minds and my sprite comic making skills it'll sure be a blast! :D

Every week there will be a new comic, different scripts from different members and their names will be on the comic for reference on who made the story. :D

Tanassy

Quote from: Skyle369 on December 22, 2010, 01:13:02 AM
Well I could make sprite comics for the site, something like this...

One page per adventure thingy,

But you guys, the members will write and submit scripts for comics and I'll act them out in the comics. John could make a special page for those comics, with your hilarious minds and my sprite comic making skills it'll sure be a blast! :D

Every week there will be a new comic, different scripts from different members and their names will be on the comic for reference on who made the story. :D

I'd say that's a pretty cool idea, if we can get this project rolling I'm sure it'll deserve it's own section eventually :3

Supersonic196

we could have more artists too, like one artist would work one issue, and the next would work on the next one, and we just go down the line.
we would need to have 1 qualifier story tho, like everyone works on their own version of the same story, and the ppl who want to be artists send in their submission, and the best ones get chosen.

then we can have a team of writers, and anybody can contribute, whether its suggestions or sprites.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: Skyle369 on December 22, 2010, 01:13:02 AM

Power Rings win
Anyhow, I like this idea.
I also think that having something more engaging than downloads to offer will bring a rise to actual members, not just n00bs that want SADX.
Also, I want in.
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively