The official SPAMBUSTAHZ Topic

Started by ChaosDazer, February 01, 2009, 03:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosDazer

Quote from: Super Empra on March 07, 2009, 06:33:05 AM
The bomb could spread anti-spam members all over the forum and will melt any spammer until he/she is no longer in solid form.

Yes, one called Little spammer and one called fat Flamer.

(If you don't get it, it's WW2 in spam form)
witty sig caption

Shadow84786

Quote from: DarkShadow on March 07, 2009, 11:09:43 AM
I just found a spammer his name is ''janista''. He keeps posting ''thank you'' for no reason on every topic.
We kind of know that, but we can do anything about it because his/her post are on topic, but if there off topic we can remove them.

Elija2

Quote from: Shadow84786 on March 07, 2009, 11:17:34 AM
We kind of know that, but we can do anything about it because his/her post are on topic.

Isn't there a difference between 'on-topic' and 'repetitive'?

Besides, he even said 'thank you' in the Websites section. WEBSITES!

silvershadow20

Quote from: Elija2 on March 07, 2009, 11:19:02 AM
Isn't there a difference between 'on-topic' and 'repetitive'?

Besides, he even said 'thank you' in the Websites section. WEBSITES!
there is a difference

on topic is staying on the what the topic  is

and repetitive is just annoying and spamming

Super Empra

He keeps on posting the same words. That is spamming. (Well at least in my opinion)

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

JetTheHawk

Quote from: Super Empra on March 07, 2009, 11:31:00 AM
He keeps on posting the same words. That is spamming. (Well at least in my opinion)
i think that is spamming too and she couldn't download that many files in a hour right
NO SIGNATURE

ChaosDazer

Yeah, and the words he post arn't enough.
witty sig caption

DatzAmorayEX

Thank you :D!
...But seriously folks, that is pretty dumb, spammers just get dumber and dumber each time, the way I see it...
"Aw Shaddup! Don't order me around ya pile of scrud metal!"
"Hey, calm down. Or else you're going to have to take a time out in the corner."

Shadow84786

Quote from: DatzAmorayEX on March 08, 2009, 05:46:43 AM
Thank you :D!
...But seriously folks, that is pretty dumb, spammers just get dumber and dumber each time, the way I see it...
I know there dumb, there just here for VIP so they can download some Sonic games in the VIP section and I don't think janista downloaded that much files.

Eryth

I know that you guys implemented the VIP access thingy so that there wouldn't be so much traffic on the site for the downloads, but since you guys hate spammers so much I was curious if you had considered any other alternatives that would keep the traffic and the spamming down.

You could start a topic asking for suggestions, maybe. Get people's opinions on the VIP access system, how effective it is, etc.
-"Why do you press the same button to punch and to talk to someone?"

Let the people be warned; violent and peaceful interaction are now rolled into one button. Use with caution.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Eryth on March 08, 2009, 08:46:56 AM
I know that you guys implemented the VIP access thingy so that there wouldn't be so much traffic on the site for the downloads, but since you guys hate spammers so much I was curious if you had considered any other alternatives that would keep the traffic and the spamming down.

You could start a topic asking for suggestions, maybe. Get people's opinions on the VIP access system, how effective it is, etc.
You honestly believe we never tried that :P
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Empra

Quote from: Eryth on March 08, 2009, 08:46:56 AM

You could just use the search function?

No VIP: http://sonicroms.net/SRForums/index.php?topic=3028.0
Idea to stop spammers: http://sonicroms.net/SRForums/index.php?topic=2222.0
Post Limit: http://sonicroms.net/SRForums/index.php?topic=2170.0

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

Shadow84786

Elija2

Quote from: Shadow84786 on March 08, 2009, 09:25:17 AM
To bad those ideas were denied by NightMare

I had an idea for a minimum amount of characters in a post. Forcing people to have to have at least 10 characters in their post would stop posts like 'hi', 'cool', or a random emoticon.

Shadow84786

Quote from: Elija2 on March 08, 2009, 09:57:02 AM
I had an idea for a minimum amount of characters in a post. Forcing people to have to have at least 10 characters in their post would stop posts like 'hi', 'cool', or a random emoticon.
You can ask NightMare about that.