That Feminist Gamer Girl Did a Thing (DERAILED)

Started by jkid101094, January 10, 2014, 05:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on September 18, 2014, 06:48:59 AM
I guess I can never complain about anything being bad ever again because there are always alternatives.

Ever thought about you not being the target audience?

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 18, 2014, 06:52:13 AM
Ever thought about you not being the target audience?

Who is the target audience of sexism?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on September 18, 2014, 06:56:40 AM
Who is the target audience of sexism?

People who enjoy perverted humour (Lollipop Chainsaw) or are simply in for escapeism? Like I mentined before?

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 18, 2014, 07:06:08 AM
People who enjoy perverted humour (Lollipop Chainsaw) or are simply in for escapeism? Like I mentined before?

You can do escapism without being sexist.

TheRealSonic

Hmm I think Feminist go too far
they can say "HEY , DONT TALK ABOUT WOMEN" but then that take everything very VERY seriously

Elija2

InternetAristocrat is a dummy.

Hakudamashi

Anita is a cunt

See how easy that was?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Fine, I'll go into a bit more detail.

Internet Aristocrat constantly makes videos with false or intentionally misleading information designed to target and harass people he doesn't like. This video is yet another example which I shall now point out:

He criticizes Anita for not being a gamer, as if that somehow invalidates any of her criticism. She even says in the video that IA cites that she would love to play more videogames but she is not a fan of the majority of games out there that feature brutal violence. I think it's fair to assume that she does like some videogames, she just isn't someone who could be considered a gamer. Obviously if she didn't care about videogames at all she wouldn't have started her Tropes series.

He accuses Anita of scamming people out of $150,000, even though she only asked for $6,000 and they were all voluntary donations. Nothing in her Kickstarter was misleading, either.

He points out Anita's use of uncredited game footage in her videos, which is a fair criticism but it doesn't mean that she scammed people and it certainly doesn't change what her videos are about. Either way, she's stopped using other people's game footage in her more recent videos.

He says that political commentary doesn't belong in videogames, but why? Games are a media, they are an art form. They're absolutely open to this kind of criticism.

He says that anyone who defends Anita is a white knight, because apparently the only reason a man would defend a woman is if he thinks he'll get something out of it.

He says that people like Anita are destroying gaming which is such an insane conspiracy theory that I refuse to take anything he says seriously.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on October 07, 2014, 03:51:11 PM
He criticizes Anita for not being a gamer, as if that somehow invalidates any of her criticism. She even says in the video that IA cites that she would love to play more videogames but she is not a fan of the majority of games out there that feature brutal violence. I think it's fair to assume that she does like some videogames, she just isn't someone who could be considered a gamer. Obviously if she didn't care about videogames at all she wouldn't have started her Tropes series.

I'm sorry, but this right here invalidates almost anything she says.

It is an Outsider trying to change someone elses thing.

And that also applies to almost anything in the real world.
And just like in the real world, an extreme reaction results in a extreme reaction.

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 08, 2014, 04:18:33 AM
I'm sorry, but this right here invalidates almost anything she says.

It is an Outsider trying to change someone elses thing.

And that also applies to almost anything in the real world.
And just like in the real world, an extreme reaction results in a extreme reaction.

She's not an outsider when it comes to sexism, and that's the thing that she's criticizing. That's like saying that a scientist can't criticize the scientific accuracy of a movie because they're not in the film industry.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on October 08, 2014, 04:32:41 AM
She's not an outsider when it comes to sexism.

But to gaming.
Infact, isn't there even a video where she says she doesn't like and knows nothing about games, and that she had to research games first?

Quote from: Elija2 on October 08, 2014, 04:32:41 AM
hat's like saying that a scientist can't criticize the scientific accuracy of a movie because they're not in the film industry.

No. No it's not.

It's more akin to someone trying to radically change the film industry, even though they're neither in it nor watch motion pictures.

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 08, 2014, 05:20:38 AM
Infact, isn't there even a video where she says she doesn't like and knows nothing about games, and that she had to research games first?

I already addressed this:

Quote from: Elija2 on October 07, 2014, 03:51:11 PM
She even says in the video that IA cites that she would love to play more videogames but she is not a fan of the majority of games out there that feature brutal violence. I think it's fair to assume that she does like some videogames, she just isn't someone who could be considered a gamer. Obviously if she didn't care about videogames at all she wouldn't have started her Tropes series.

Again, why does it matter whether she is a gamer or not? It doesn't invalidate any of her criticisms.

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 08, 2014, 05:20:38 AM
It's more akin to someone trying to radically change the film industry, even though they're neither in it nor watch motion pictures.

You really think that Anita doesn't play videogames at all?

And somehow trying to change the industry to make it less sexist is a bad thing?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on October 08, 2014, 05:48:56 AM
And somehow trying to change the industry to make it less sexist is a bad thing?
This is me, mentioning creative freedom.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 08, 2014, 07:16:01 AM
This is me, mentioning creative freedom.

Anita isn't forcing anyone to do anything.