SonicZone is slowly going to die?!

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 16, 2009, 12:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

I just noticed, that with evry new Month. There Are less Posts, New Members and People online.

Lots of people have left.

And well....i dunno.
Hope its not happening.
-------------------------------------------------

Discuss.

JoeBro387

Well, we could try inviting our friends. Maybe people are bored of this now...

We need new material.
Mario: Wario...what was death like?
Wario: You sorta jump up in the air and the music goes do do do-do do do do do do-do.
Mario: Ah.

Mau

People might be busy with Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa or whatever holiday depending on what they believe and such along with their families. It is the holiday season after all.
To me this forum seems relatively busy, but I'm still a newbie here so I wouldn't know.

dark rouge

Quote from: Mau on December 16, 2009, 03:54:09 PM
People might be busy with Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa or whatever holiday depending on what they believe and such along with their families. It is the holiday season after all.
To me this forum seems relatively busy, but I'm still a newbie here so I wouldn't know.
I think he means people are leaving with no return because of whatever reason and every new month more and more people keep leaving.

Ioshyriku

well, I expected that people would come back on holidays, but nothing changed, well its even possible that some of them to not have internet anymore, or something bad happening with them

Kirby

Just give it some time. Things will be back to normal before you know it.

JoeBro387

For quite a lot of people, the holiday hasn't even started yet, mind you.

This place would probably be more active in August, summer holidays and all.
Anyway, I see a lot of people joining. :P
Wario: You sorta jump up in the air and the music goes do do do-do do do do do do-do.

EchidnaPower

Quote from: JoeBro387 on December 17, 2009, 05:14:45 AM
For quite a lot of people, the holiday hasn't even started yet, mind you.

This place would probably be more active in August, summer holidays and all.
Anyway, I see a lot of people joining. :P

Keep in mind that some new members come only to get ViP status. Plus, people in different timezones are awake when you're asleep. So maybe you just don't see them.

I love Jesus! Do you?

JoeBro387

Eh, that's a good point. People are usually on late at night. (8pm-1am GMT)

Hakudamashi

so is a whole bunch of other forums
I wouldn't worry too much
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Joseppi

We're doing just fine. All forums have their ups and downs. And if this is a down, we're doing really well.

Many people leave after they get ViP status and download what they want. And we have A LOT of embers who get banned for various reasons. Many get banned for spamming so they can be ViP and others are just idiots.

Not to mention, a lot of people download from the ViP section and start up their own sites using everything they downloaded. Which means, people looking for that stuff are spreading out around different sites now.

sonicmaddave

I definitely think the forums aren't dying at all, in fact they seem to be doing well. :)

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Joseppi on December 18, 2009, 06:43:33 AM
We're doing just fine. All forums have their ups and downs. And if this is a down, we're doing really well.

Many people leave after they get ViP status and download what they want. And we have A LOT of embers who get banned for various reasons. Many get banned for spamming so they can be ViP and others are just idiots.

Not to mention, a lot of people download from the ViP section and start up their own sites using everything they downloaded. Which means, people looking for that stuff are spreading out around different sites now.

meh, i dunno.

I am more on eehh side.

kingofflamess

maybe we should change the layout of this site, make it look a little more sonic related

Joseppi

Quote from: kingofflamess on December 20, 2009, 03:32:54 PM
maybe we should change the layout of this site, make it look a little more sonic related
Usually a new layout will only attract more people for a few days then thing go back to the way they were. That decision would be up to John. Just keep posting interesting topics and people will keep posting too. Having topics with names like "SonicZone is slowly going to die?! " don't look so hot for newbies though. Just sayin'.