SonicZone is slowly going to die?!

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 16, 2009, 12:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

I just noticed, that with evry new Month. There Are less Posts, New Members and People online.

Lots of people have left.

And well....i dunno.
Hope its not happening.
-------------------------------------------------

Discuss.

JoeBro387

Well, we could try inviting our friends. Maybe people are bored of this now...

We need new material.
Mario: Wario...what was death like?
Wario: You sorta jump up in the air and the music goes do do do-do do do do do do-do.
Mario: Ah.

Mau

People might be busy with Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa or whatever holiday depending on what they believe and such along with their families. It is the holiday season after all.
To me this forum seems relatively busy, but I'm still a newbie here so I wouldn't know.

dark rouge

Quote from: Mau on December 16, 2009, 03:54:09 PM
People might be busy with Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa or whatever holiday depending on what they believe and such along with their families. It is the holiday season after all.
To me this forum seems relatively busy, but I'm still a newbie here so I wouldn't know.
I think he means people are leaving with no return because of whatever reason and every new month more and more people keep leaving.

Ioshyriku

well, I expected that people would come back on holidays, but nothing changed, well its even possible that some of them to not have internet anymore, or something bad happening with them

Kirby

Just give it some time. Things will be back to normal before you know it.

JoeBro387

For quite a lot of people, the holiday hasn't even started yet, mind you.

This place would probably be more active in August, summer holidays and all.
Anyway, I see a lot of people joining. :P
Wario: You sorta jump up in the air and the music goes do do do-do do do do do do-do.

EchidnaPower

Quote from: JoeBro387 on December 17, 2009, 05:14:45 AM
For quite a lot of people, the holiday hasn't even started yet, mind you.

This place would probably be more active in August, summer holidays and all.
Anyway, I see a lot of people joining. :P

Keep in mind that some new members come only to get ViP status. Plus, people in different timezones are awake when you're asleep. So maybe you just don't see them.

I love Jesus! Do you?

JoeBro387

Eh, that's a good point. People are usually on late at night. (8pm-1am GMT)

Hakudamashi

so is a whole bunch of other forums
I wouldn't worry too much
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Joseppi

We're doing just fine. All forums have their ups and downs. And if this is a down, we're doing really well.

Many people leave after they get ViP status and download what they want. And we have A LOT of embers who get banned for various reasons. Many get banned for spamming so they can be ViP and others are just idiots.

Not to mention, a lot of people download from the ViP section and start up their own sites using everything they downloaded. Which means, people looking for that stuff are spreading out around different sites now.

sonicmaddave

I definitely think the forums aren't dying at all, in fact they seem to be doing well. :)

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Joseppi on December 18, 2009, 06:43:33 AM
We're doing just fine. All forums have their ups and downs. And if this is a down, we're doing really well.

Many people leave after they get ViP status and download what they want. And we have A LOT of embers who get banned for various reasons. Many get banned for spamming so they can be ViP and others are just idiots.

Not to mention, a lot of people download from the ViP section and start up their own sites using everything they downloaded. Which means, people looking for that stuff are spreading out around different sites now.

meh, i dunno.

I am more on eehh side.

kingofflamess

maybe we should change the layout of this site, make it look a little more sonic related

Joseppi

Quote from: kingofflamess on December 20, 2009, 03:32:54 PM
maybe we should change the layout of this site, make it look a little more sonic related
Usually a new layout will only attract more people for a few days then thing go back to the way they were. That decision would be up to John. Just keep posting interesting topics and people will keep posting too. Having topics with names like "SonicZone is slowly going to die?! " don't look so hot for newbies though. Just sayin'.

kingofflamess

im a newbie and i love posts like these

Kirby

Chaos Swissroll

1.The new people that comes to this site, most of them post pointless topics/posts, (example:Ben)
2.The peak of SonicZone advertising is over.

sonicmaddave

Well at least it's not a massive forum with millions of members active etc, you'd get lost in that. :o

EchidnaPower

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 21, 2009, 03:26:37 AM
Well at least it's not a massive forum with millions of members active etc, you'd get lost in that. :o

But it would make for more conversation. Unless they're all spammers who came for ViP. I can think of a few recent names >:( ...But I won't mention them. If Sonic Zone dies, it'll be because of the spammers that come to ruin the forum.

I love Jesus! Do you?

sonicmaddave

Quote from: EchidnaPower on December 21, 2009, 03:34:50 AM
But it would make for more conversation. Unless they're all spammers who came for ViP. I can think of a few recent names >:( ...But I won't mention them. If Sonic Zone dies, it'll be because of the spammers that come to ruin the forum.
Good point there, this site can grow but i'd hate for it to be too big, it would be like swimming in a endless ocean. :o

Kirby

This site isn't going to die as long as I'M  around!

Chaos Swissroll

Maybe SonicZone should do a census, record the number of regulars, it'll help seeing if SonicZone is going to die or not.

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 21, 2009, 06:05:23 AM
Maybe SonicZone should do a census, record the number of regulars, it'll help seeing if SonicZone is going to die or not.
That's a good idea. It'd be interesting to see what the forum stats are as well I reckon. See how many members they are against the amount of people who are online weekly and post at least a few posts per day.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 21, 2009, 06:07:23 AM
That's a good idea. It'd be interesting to see what the forum stats are as well I reckon. See how many members they are against the amount of people who are online weekly and post at least a few posts per day.
Well, if they really do a census, I think it's gonna disappoint me.

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 21, 2009, 06:14:01 AM
Well, if they really do a census, I think it's gonna disappoint me.
I know what you mean to be honest. :( Still we are a rather close knit community which is an important thing.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 21, 2009, 06:15:22 AM
I know what you mean to be honest. :( Still we are a rather close knit community which is an important thing.
Yeah, but honestly the active ones aren't enough, I've heard the forum has over nine thousand members....now look at how much actives we have here.

NiGHTS

its the quality of the members not the quantity my friends x3

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: NiGHTS on December 21, 2009, 06:35:37 AM
its the quality of the members not the quantity my friends x3
I was worrying about the money that keeps the forum running, but I think I don't need to worry now 8D

sonicmaddave

I rather have 30 extremely good friends than 2 million crap friends :P

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 21, 2009, 06:41:50 AM
I rather have 30 extremely good friends than 2 million crap friends :P
That's true

those crap friends might not even be worthy to be called a friend.

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 21, 2009, 06:43:21 AM
That's true

those crap friends might not even be worthy to be called a friend.
I know what its like to have loads of crap friends ie my old youtube account which was from December 2005 to June 2009. Over the years I had gathered at least 2k friends on it. A lot of them ignored me, annoyed the hell out of me or treated me like an idiot. While this place I have really good quality friends I can talk and have a laugh with. :P

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 21, 2009, 06:46:57 AM
I know what its like to have loads of crap friends ie my old youtube account which was from December 2005 to June 2009. Over the years I had gathered at least 2k friends on it. A lot of them ignored me, annoyed the hell out of me or treated me like an idiot. While this place I have really good quality friends I can talk and have a laugh with. :P
This is a cold world and SonicZone is like a shelter(there are spammers who mess it up though).
Now I believe that SonicZone is not going to die.It's gonna get better as we get more good comrades.

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 21, 2009, 06:49:44 AM
This is a cold world and SonicZone is like a shelter(there are spammers who mess it up though).
Now I believe that SonicZone is not going to die.It's gonna get better as we get more good comrades.
I think so too, everything has small beginnings, I bet John is actually surprised how the site has turned out. He has done a great job on the site. ;D

zune-the-hedgehog

I've noticed something this forum is very random. Not exactly a serious forum with many programmers and stuff like that (Like X-Cult & Sonic Retro) I noticed that the amount of users and posting on Sonic Retro is growing RAPIDLY!! One moment you go to a topic with 5 posts make yours and then there 20. I think it is because Sonic Retro is releasing things like the Sonic X-Treme Stage rips. Lets face it this place is kind of boring. Most only come for the VIP downloads and I am ashamed to say I kind of did too.

EchidnaPower

Quote from: zune-the-hedgehog on December 21, 2009, 04:22:43 PM
I've noticed something this forum is very random. Not exactly a serious forum with many programmers and stuff like that (Like X-Cult & Sonic Retro) I noticed that the amount of users and posting on Sonic Retro is growing RAPIDLY!! One moment you go to a topic with 5 posts make yours and then there 20. I think it is because Sonic Retro is releasing things like the Sonic X-Treme Stage rips. Lets face it this place is kind of boring. Most only come for the VIP downloads and I am ashamed to say I kind of did too.

You trying to bring us down man? This forum is doing just fine.

I love Jesus! Do you?

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: zune-the-hedgehog on December 21, 2009, 04:22:43 PM
It would be no use to release such things when we don't have enough active members
Go to Sonic Retro if you really like it then

sonicmaddave

Quote from: EchidnaPower on December 21, 2009, 04:23:56 PM
I agree with you I think we are doing quite well if I am honest. :P

Kirby

This place is doing fine. And it's getting Better.

denslat

well I joined and there are a lot of people like me looking for a place to relax kick back and download great stuff
but you guys need to advertise more.

I found this place from a youtube video lol

the battle stil rages

sonicmaddave

I actually forgot about how I found this place. ???

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 22, 2009, 06:02:50 AM
I actually forgot about how I found this place. ???
Me too strangely, time is passing by fast XP

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 22, 2009, 06:05:13 AM
Me too strangely, time is passing by fast XP
And boy aren't I getting old... almost 20. :P jk

Joseppi

The problem with Sonic Retro is that the admins there are egocentric asshats. They actually make members discuss in a thread why they DESERVE to be a member before they can access the entire forum. Yeah, it's a good way to keep out the idiots and spammers, but it really makes them look like that have some type of god complex. That is why I have no interest in that site.

As for us, we're far from dead. Yeah, we may have a lot of inactive members, but all large forums do. We still have a lot of active members as well. Just look at the mod election. I have never been to a forum that has had so many people running for moderator. Just those members that are running are active and very good posters here.

If anyone finds this place boring, we are more than happy to take suggestions on what you all want.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Joseppi on December 22, 2009, 07:15:20 AM
The problem with Sonic Retro is that the admins there are egocentric asshats. They actually make members discuss in a thread why they DESERVE to be a member before they can access the entire forum. Yeah, it's a good way to keep out the idiots and spammers, but it really makes them look like that have some type of god complex. That is why I have no interest in that site.

As for us, we're far from dead. Yeah, we may have a lot of inactive members, but all large forums do. We still have a lot of active members as well. Just look at the mod election. I have never been to a forum that has had so many people running for moderator. Just those members that are running are active and very good posters here.

If anyone finds this place boring, we are more than happy to take suggestions on what you all want.
-claps-
Very observant.

sonicmaddave

Yes, Sonic Retro are so picky even on usernames, 'sonicchaos' was a username too generic to them. I thought to myself "oh well stuff you lot then if you all are so picky"

EchidnaPower

Quote from: Joseppi on December 22, 2009, 07:15:20 AM

John made a good choice in making you an admin. The Sonic Zone will never die!

I love Jesus! Do you?

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 22, 2009, 07:22:50 AM
Yes, Sonic Retro are so picky even on usernames, 'sonicchaos' was a username too generic to them. I thought to myself "oh well stuff you lot then if you all are so picky"
darknight/Ben the werehog and kingofflames are one of them.

well somehow people with those names aren't idiots as others think

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 22, 2009, 07:26:15 AM
darknight/Ben the werehog and kingofflames are one of them.

well somehow people with those names aren't idiots as others think
wait Ben is on those forums? How on earth can he manage to get on there while I wasn't allowed. It's mad. :o

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 22, 2009, 07:27:57 AM
wait Ben is on those forums? How on earth can he manage to get on there while I wasn't allowed. It's mad. :o
nah I mean the real idiots

EchidnaPower

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 22, 2009, 07:27:57 AM

I don't think that's what he meant Dave. I think he's using Ben as an example.

I love Jesus! Do you?

zune-the-hedgehog

Quote from: EchidnaPower on December 21, 2009, 04:23:56 PM

No, and yes it is I'm just giving a theory on why the forum may be less active.

sonicmaddave

Oh right got it both of you. :P I have been awake for 2 hours and it's 5:30am here, so yeah. Well the staff on sonic retro seem to be rather stuck up and rude.

Joseppi

Quote from: EchidnaPower
John made a good choice in making you an admin. The Sonic Zone will never die!

Thank you. That means a lot. We're all in this together. A forum is nothing without the members as along as we have dedicated members who care about this community, we will stay alive.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 22, 2009, 07:31:41 AM
Oh right got it both of you. :P I have been awake for 2 hours and it's 5:30am here, so yeah. Well the staff on sonic retro seem to be rather stuck up and rude.
That's how SonicZone broke the impression of "admins" to me. ;)

zune-the-hedgehog

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 21, 2009, 08:12:03 PM
It would be no use to release such things when we don't have enough active members
Go to Sonic Retro if you really like it then
I'm on X-Cult, Sonic Retro, This forum, and others. But the people on X-Cult are assholes if your not at least 56 years old and I got glitch-ed on Sonic Retro and cant post. And this place is still cool discoveries or not.

Post Merge: December 22, 2009, 12:35:44 PM

Quote from: KirbySoul11 on December 22, 2009, 01:50:38 AM
This place is doing fine. And it's getting Better.

Now I must say that is true I'm currently trying to post and the forum says that 3 other ppl are posting at the same time so no worries this place is plenty active.

Joseppi

One thing we have to remember is, it's the holiday season. And a lot of people are out doing other things. Most websites lose traffic around this time of year. After the new year, I'm sure things will pick up. Not to mention, a lot of people will be getting computers for Christmas and I'm sure some of them will discover this place for the first time.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Joseppi on December 22, 2009, 07:39:28 AM
One thing we have to remember is, it's the holiday season. And a lot of people are out doing other things. Most websites lose traffic around this time of year. After the new year, I'm sure things will pick up. Not to mention, a lot of people will be getting computers for Christmas and I'm sure some of them will discover this place for the first time.
Yeah, positive thinking  ;) (Angry German Kid reference)
When situations turns out bad, we can advertise again!

Joseppi

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll
When situations turns out bad, we can advertise again!

I do it everyday and don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Joseppi on December 22, 2009, 07:50:45 AM
I do it everyday and don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
How? ???

Well thanks a lot of for advertising, now I know what's keeping SonicZone with new members. :)

Joseppi

I post at a lot of forums, there's always a link in my sig.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Joseppi on December 22, 2009, 08:03:29 AM
I post at a lot of forums, there's always a link in my sig.
didn't saw that coming

many people on this forum does this too

Joseppi

It's very effective. I'm always seeing visitors from Sonic Stadium in the stats. To bad more of them don't join the forum.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Joseppi on December 22, 2009, 08:09:50 AM
It's very effective. I'm always seeing visitors from Sonic Stadium in the stats. To bad more of them don't join the forum.
This is a really easy without actually doing hell a lot of work, more simple than I thought
and we were making videos to advertise for SonicZone monthsa year ago

Ds169

well i just havent ben online lately (dosnt mean anything) :-\

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Ds169 on December 22, 2009, 08:13:09 AM
True but some members go in-active and never come back, I went in-active one too because I broke my computer

anyways can u explain why do you have -4 karma, did you read the rules

EchidnaPower

Quote from: Ds169 on December 22, 2009, 08:13:09 AM

Alright, I've been watching you for a while, you're spamming topics. Cut it out. >:(

I love Jesus! Do you?

Fiamonder

I notice that not so much people are posting on the forums lately :-\, and BTW most of the topics are bumped.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Fiamonder10 on December 23, 2009, 05:26:31 AM
I notice that not so much people are posting on the forums lately :-\, and BTW most of the topics are bumped.
wished everybody would read the rules before they start...that'd be helpful. pl0x.

chuyitooooo

Gilly

Quote from: DarkKyoushu on December 16, 2009, 12:28:34 PM
I just noticed, that with evry new Month. There Are less Posts, New Members and People online.

And well....i dunno.
Hope its not happening.

Discuss.

Yes, the trend has been going down the past few months. It's up to the community here to change that!

Kirby

sonicmaddave

I'm up for it too. This place is great. :)

john-the-hedgie

Quote from: John Gillis on January 17, 2010, 01:23:05 PM
Yes, the trend has been going down the past few months. It's up to the community here to change that!

We should advertise this place on sites like you tube, devaintart..etc as in make journals/videos asking people to join and showing how awesome this pace is.
He who makes a beast of him self, gets rid of the pain of being a man-A7x

I'm getting sick of people saying fake facts about sonic.. >> and acting like a sonic guru lol :3 i probably know more stuff about the series in my toe than you know in you head >> lol :D

Fiamonder

Not sure, but what if we changed the skin a little? Just saying.

Gilly

As for this place being boring, I try to make it not boring by doing my Live web shows, and frequently updating the SViP section. This site is regularly updated, and I think that shows the uniqueness of this site. It's not going to die any time soon.

sonicmaddave

Thats right this place isn't boring at all I love it, I spend a lot of my time here. :P

Jordan teh Echidna

Pshaw, like this place is gonna die anytime soon...it's too epic to die (and too young roflmao)
Pesterchum = sirJayden

Nightshade the hedgehog

im up for it on the sites i go on (mostly my name forum which i think no can join)
once made by killer ,redone by supersonic196 ,thanx guys :)
yes i am,thanx firestar :)
thanks mikey thanks ecco
fan of ashura ,made by teh shadicz ,thanks for it :)

Fiamonder

I was thinking that the forums werent really active when this topic got posted, but more people are discovering this forum and there already are more then 10,000 members, so its slowly getting more active. This website isnt boring at all.

Conker534

Oblivion the hedgehog

ChaosDazer

If it does, I am so making a Knock-off forum Spin off forum :3
witty sig caption

Conker534

Shadow26

Quote from: DarkKyoushu on December 16, 2009, 12:28:34 PM

And well....i dunno.
Hope its not happening.

Discuss.
When i first heard the topic name,i was thinking of the Sonic Heroes "What'd you say?" xD
I was thinking in my head
Kyo:SonicZone is slowly going to-
Shadow:Die!
*E-123 Omega shooting*
----------
But i don't think SonicZOne will be down for another 5-10 years.More,i'm not sure.