Pokemon: Best Wishes

Started by TheGameNinja, August 26, 2010, 07:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 31, 2010, 02:39:05 AM
There's a theory that claims that Ash has been in a coma since he was attacked by the Spearow in episode 1 (and a variation that says that the coma doesn't start until the end of the first season, but I don't know much about that one). It's long and complicated, but it does make a lot of sense, which can be a little creepy when you think about it. I won't go into detail here, but it says that before the Spearow attack, Pokemon are said to be wild and scary or something like that, but afterwards, Pokemon are mostly friendly. And other things, like Brock being created by Ash's adolescent mind to cope with sexual thoughts (remember, if this is true he would be in the coma for a long time), the same stories repeating themselves because his brain can't keep thinking up new things for him to dream, and Team Rocket never catches Pikachu because Ash just doesn't want them to.

I could go on about it, but this isn't really the place. :3
I read a bit of it. I find it hilarious that they try to make Pokemon seem more adult oriented than it is. x3
The day he dies or wakes up, I'll believe it. Until then I'll laugh at it. :P
*WARNING. REFRAIN FROM CLICKING IF YOU'RE GULLIBLE.*

And you forgot the part where Giovani is his father and James is his suppressed homosexuality. 8D

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 31, 2010, 07:44:00 PM
I read a bit of it. I find it hilarious that they try to make Pokemon seem more adult oriented than it is. x3

And you forgot the part where Giovani is his father and James is his suppressed homosexuality. 8D
Thgat has to be the stupidest piece of sh*t fan-fic I've ever read
Not to mention the plot holes and bullsh*t assumptions
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Team Rocket is getting a redesign, too. Looks like they're adopting the usual Rocket Grunt colors. Giovanni dons something akin to a military uniform as well. O.o

darkness shadow

lulz original team rocket grunt designs, so how epically do you think they'll fail this time?
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

EchidnaPower

Quote from: Darkness Shadow on September 02, 2010, 10:18:52 AM
lulz original team rocket grunt designs, so how epically do you think they'll fail this time?

I read that they were the "front line" in having Team Rocket take over Isshu.

I love Jesus! Do you?

TheGameNinja

Quote from: EchidnaPower on September 02, 2010, 10:32:56 AM
I read that they were the "front line" in having Team Rocket take over Isshu.
It's the same as when they went to Hoenn and Sinnoh. They're "sent" to Isshu and "given" the "mission" of founding the Isshu branch of Team Rocket.

I doubt they actually get around to doing it, since they never did in Hoenn or Sinnoh.

darkness shadow

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 02, 2010, 10:36:38 AM
It's the same as when they went to Hoenn and Sinnoh. They're "sent" to Isshu and "given" the "mission" of founding the Isshu branch of Team Rocket.

I doubt they actually get around to doing it, since they never did in Hoenn or Sinnoh.
3rd time lucky? ya never know XD
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 02, 2010, 10:15:17 AM
Team Rocket is getting a redesign, too. Looks like they're adopting the usual Rocket Grunt colors. Giovanni dons something akin to a military uniform as well. O.o

They look AWESOME
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Skyle369

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 31, 2010, 02:39:05 AM
There's a theory that claims that Ash has been in a coma since he was attacked by the Spearow in episode 1...

The very first episode of the whole pokemon series???
Just making sure because I forgot what happened at episode one...

EDIT:

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 31, 2010, 07:44:00 PM

Holy hell I read the whole thing, it's very convincing yet still awesome in a way.

Fiamonder

*off-topic* I was bored, turned the tv on, and Pok'''e'''mon was on, and I immediately thought of that theory, which kind of creeped me out.

also, Team Rocket with dark gray clothes... meh.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

EchidnaPower

I love Jesus! Do you?

Dracoslythe

lmao I love how some people get so butthurt over something so trivial.
I've been a true and loyal Pokemon fan since the show and the games (the main ones everyone knows about) came stateside.

I was kinda confused when G/S/C came out, and the games had different main characters.  At first I was upset cause the show still had Ash but the games didn't, but then I realized it was more fun and interesting with different characters and personalities.  And I recognized this at the age of...what...G/S came out about a week and a half after my 7th birthday in 2000, and I got Silver for Christmas that year.  Seven.

I went on a tangent to build up to my semi-rant/my two cents...

The New Traveling Partners
So Ash has new traveling partners.  Big deal.  He has new ones every season just about, and I like that.  Don't get me wrong, I love Misty and Brock, but you have to agree that the show would get quite boring if he had the same two partners for five/six/however many there are seasons.  I kind of find it funny that a seven year old can recognize that something would be boring with so much repetition, but people who are 13, 14, even 15+ can't BEAR to see the changes.
So, once again, I said all that to say this:  I like the new travel partner's designs.  Especially Iris.  She kinda reminds me a little bit of one of my favorite Gym Leaders, Jasmine.  I can't wait to see them in action.

The New Design
Ash.  Uh...he's still the same.  Just saying.  They just changed his design and the art style a little bit.  Things change, people.  Now I know that not everyone is butthurting about the design change, but I know a few (especially from deviantART) who were complaining because Ash's eyes got bigger.  That was their MAIN COMPLAINT.
The Officer and the Nurse.  Uh, yeah.  I like these designs of them better.  Joy's hair from the previous series was always so cute, and I'm glad they kept it.  Even if that isn't Joy.  But, even if they would have changed it, like they did with the Officer's hair, I still wouldn't have complained.  I actually like the Officer's hair more this way.

Team Rocket's New Design
JFIKDSJFKLDSJFKLSDFLSDKFJSDFKDSJFFKJSDJL I FLIPPIN' LOVE IT.
I've been waiting since SEASON ONE for them to "adopt" the usual Rocket Grunt colors.  I was SO confused on why they had white clothes and rest had black.  I guess it was to set them apart from the rest of them, like Butch and Cassidy (which still remain two of my favorite Pokemon characters...EVER).  All I can say here is "IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME<33333333333333333333333"
So, that just boosted my hype factor higher than it was before.

The Spearow Theory
I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at that.  It's believable, if you want to believe that the creators had a deep and psychological reasoning behind everything.  Besides that...I find it to be untrue.  It was still very well thought out, and quite enjoyable to read, however.  But I doubt that, with a change in directors of the anime in 2005, even if this was true at the start, the second director knew what was going on.  There's a possibility he might have, but it's kinda slim in my eyes.

The Moral of the Story
I can't wait for the show to come out, and I bet it will be just as good, if not better (at the very least, just as good) than previous seasons.

Now, I realize that alot of this is my own personal opinion and views on things, but I just felt that I needed to say it, with all the complaining I've read.

tl;dr
Stop your butthurting, get off your nostalgia high, and accept the fact that there are changes; nothing ever stays the same.*  Just give the show a chance, you might find out that you like it!

*Cue quite hilariously fitting music from Pokemon.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Dracoslythe on September 04, 2010, 08:56:56 AM
I've been a true and loyal Pokemon fan since the show and the games (the main ones everyone knows about) came stateside.

I was kinda confused when G/S/C came out, and the games had different main characters.  At first I was upset cause the show still had Ash but the games didn't, but then I realized it was more fun and interesting with different characters and personalities.  And I recognized this at the age of...what...G/S came out about a week and a half after my 7th birthday in 2000, and I got Silver for Christmas that year.  Seven.

So Ash has new traveling partners.  Big deal.  He has new ones every season just about, and I like that.  Don't get me wrong, I love Misty and Brock, but you have to agree that the show would get quite boring if he had the same two partners for five/six/however many there are seasons.  I kind of find it funny that a seven year old can recognize that something would be boring with so much repetition, but people who are 13, 14, even 15+ can't BEAR to see the changes.
So, once again, I said all that to say this:  I like the new travel partner's designs.  Especially Iris.  She kinda reminds me a little bit of one of my favorite Gym Leaders, Jasmine.  I can't wait to see them in action.

The New Design
Ash.  Uh...he's still the same.  Just saying.  They just changed his design and the art style a little bit.  Things change, people.  Now I know that not everyone is butthurting about the design change, but I know a few (especially from deviantART) who were complaining because Ash's eyes got bigger.  That was their MAIN COMPLAINT.
The Officer and the Nurse.  Uh, yeah.  I like these designs of them better.  Joy's hair from the previous series was always so cute, and I'm glad they kept it.  Even if that isn't Joy.  But, even if they would have changed it, like they did with the Officer's hair, I still wouldn't have complained.  I actually like the Officer's hair more this way.

Team Rocket's New Design
I've been waiting since SEASON ONE for them to "adopt" the usual Rocket Grunt colors.  I was SO confused on why they had white clothes and rest had black.  I guess it was to set them apart from the rest of them, like Butch and Cassidy (which still remain two of my favorite Pokemon characters...EVER).  All I can say here is "IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME<33333333333333333333333"

The Spearow Theory
I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at that.  It's believable, if you want to believe that the creators had a deep and psychological reasoning behind everything.  Besides that...I find it to be untrue.  It was still very well thought out, and quite enjoyable to read, however.  But I doubt that, with a change in directors of the anime in 2005, even if this was true at the start, the second director knew what was going on.  There's a possibility he might have, but it's kinda slim in my eyes.

The Moral of the Story
I can't wait for the show to come out, and I bet it will be just as good, if not better (at the very least, just as good) than previous seasons.

Now, I realize that alot of this is my own personal opinion and views on things, but I just felt that I needed to say it, with all the complaining I've read.

tl;dr
Stop your butthurting, get off your nostalgia high, and accept the fact that there are changes; nothing ever stays the same.*  Just give the show a chance, you might find out that you like it!

EchidnaPower

Aww man, I was hoping for an "lolwin" or something.

I love Jesus! Do you?

Skyle369

Quote from: Dracoslythe on September 04, 2010, 08:56:56 AM

The New Design

Team Rocket's New Design

The Spearow Theory

The Moral of the Story

tl;dr

Wow, I third this one.