Kirby's Return To Dream Land

Started by SmashFinale, February 21, 2011, 02:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmashFinale

On E3 2005, Nintendo showed a Kirby game that was supposed to be on the GameCube. Besides a few other pics, this video was the only source of reference for the game. Here is the Video:

A year later still no new info was released on the Video game.
It was thought to be moved on the Wii like a bunch of other Nintendo games were but still no new videos or pics about the game were Revealed.

In E3 2010 a Kirby game for the Wii was announced and it was shown to be Kirby's Epic Yarn, which was made by Good Feel and Hal Laboratory, had a completely different look to the one originally shown on E3 2005. The original one was assumed dead....

Then, on January 28,2011, Nintendo showed their Third Quarter Financial Results to the public and this Video came out of it:

It is said to be released THIS YEAR! More info will be brought out if i can find some....
Let's hope it doesn't disappear... for the third time

Tanassy

The company seems to have been working hard to bring in something that just isn't *another* kirby. I'm hoping for a true sequel.

SmashFinale

This isnt the first Kirby game to take its time to come out on another system.
Kirby Air Ride was the first one. That was originally supposed to be on the N64, but seven years later on the same MONTH that 4Chan site came up

That was off topic but they do seem to be working very hard on this game if they decided to revive it again

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on February 21, 2011, 02:33:06 PM
This isnt the first Kirby game to take its time to come out on another system.
Kirby Air Ride was the first one. That was originally supposed to be on the N64, but seven years later on the same MONTH that 4Chan site came up

That was off topic but they do seem to be working very hard on this game if they decided to revive it again
Considering it isn't a huge push from GC to Wii, the coding should be intact. ^^

SmashFinale

Correct on that

Something i noticed about the gameplay: i dont see a co-op mode like in the Gamecube Beta. Hopefully they will keep that intacted too

Tanassy

yeah, superstar-style co-op would be pretty cool.

Supersonic196

Quote from: SmashFinale on February 21, 2011, 02:48:40 PM
Correct on that

Something i noticed about the gameplay: i dont see a co-op mode like in the Gamecube Beta. Hopefully they will keep that intacted too
well, notice at the bottom, kirby's health bar.
It may just be me but that seems like the wrong place to have a health bar, ussualy it'd be up in on of the corners,
unless it's 4 player, and has room for 3 more health bars...

yes i know that's bad, but i wasn't aiming for perfection.

Super Sonic Boom

I think "Epic Yarn" kinda filled this void I see.

Supersonic196

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: supersonic196 on February 21, 2011, 03:43:00 PM

I honestly haven't played a Kriby game...the closest I could say was SSBB but I have seen EY enough to know somethings.

Tanassy

Supersonic196

shadowDOESrock

watch out, its HAL.

kidding.

But this seems kinda lazy

Tanassy

Looks like it's going in the same direction as DKC:R, retro, yet inferior?
I'm hoping that's just what it looks like, and not what it is.

SmashFinale

WOAH WOAH WOAH DON'T FREAKING RIP ON EPIC YARN! THAT WAS A GREAT GAME FOR INNOVATION. ESPECIALLY WHEN KIRBY WENT SEVEN YEARS WITHOUT A HOME CONSOLE GAME SINCE KIRBY AIR RIDE.

Super Sonic that pic shouldnt have four kirbies in it, it should have four different types of helpers in it
and plus i made a comment on youtube about the Health Bar already just click the video

But the four kirbies idea is good but in the GameCube Beta, u could ride on ur four helpers, i wonder if they kept that in the game...